Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Hey all!
We are excited to announce 2 new header bikinis from Bestop specifically for the Gladiator! What is a header bikini? A header bikini uses a windshield header to make a positive connection to the windshield, similar to a soft top.

The 52615-35 is a cable-style design. What that means is that it requires soft top door surrounds and it uses these elements to create a better seal to the door. This bikini comes with the windshield channel.
1606850569886.png

The 52614-35 only requires the 51244-01 windshield channel for install.

1606847229866.png

Time to open up some of these beautiful Gladiators!
Let me know if there's any questions.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Bestop: How easy are these tops to fold down/remove and then put back on in case of unexpected rain? Do they fold back or anything? Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bestop: How easy are these tops to fold down/remove and then put back on in case of unexpected rain? Do they fold back or anything? Thank you.
Hey @CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail
A bikini is a minimalist way to remove your hard or soft top in the summer weather and enjoy the open air that your Jeep was meant to experience, with some protection from sun and rain. That being said, while they are pretty quick to install, I wouldn't consider them something of a quick-deploy "in case of unexpected rain" products. They also don't have the functionality to fold back. Keep in mind, these are coming in at a $130 price point. For something to fold back, you're looking at a top with hardware.
Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
A bikini is a minimalist way to remove your hard or soft top in the summer weather
Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
How about Robinja's idea?
Bestop - Love the new bikini tops! How about selling a slightly modified version of 52615-35 for those of us with hardtops that want a less expensive and easy to take on/off summer soft top option (but live in a rain prone area)? The OEM overpriced man-bun soft top at $1800+ just doesn't cut it for many of us (looks and price are a no-go). The proposed kit would come with 52615-35, the door surrounds, and a back window that uses hook and loop fasteners/zipper to fully enclose the cab (or some other simple design). When you take it all off it can be stuffed under/behind the back seat. And while I'm dreaming... give it a $499 or lower price tag.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
A bikini is a minimalist way...
Hi Lee,

No offense meant, but there are many of us that do not want the over-engineered OEM top that rivals an automobile convertible top. I would call us old school and we prefer the minimalist, low cost approach to keeping the cab dry. We also want to be able to stuff the top under or behind the back seat when it's off. Give us hook and loop/zippers/channels like the traditional Wrangler and CJ tops, bowless, and we will be happier than a pig in... well, you know.

Best regards,
Robinja

Last edited:

Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I think the pic is wrong for item #2 on your site
Looks like that's intentional - Lee refers to item 52615-35 in pic 1, and 52614-35 pic 2 - different product. The second is an alternative which doesn't require the soft top surrounds.

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
Looks like that's intentional - Lee refers to item 52615-35 in pic 1, and 52614-35 pic 2 - different product. The second is an alternative which doesn't require the soft top surrounds.
click thru to the website. It was a JL with full cab cover. I know that the pics in the post are different products.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
click thru to the website. It was a JL with full cab cover. I know that the pics in the post are different products.
Yes link was wrong but pic was correct. Post said pic was wrong. It's the link that was bad.

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Damn! I bought the JL safari bikini late summer cause @Bestop had still not came out with a JT bikini. It would have been nice to know one was in the works. I Guess I have a brand new JL safari bikini going up for sale.

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Bestop - Love the new bikini tops! How about selling a slightly modified version of 52615-35 for those of us with hardtops that want a less expensive and easy to take on/off summer soft top option (but live in a rain prone area)? The OEM overpriced man-bun soft top at $1800+ just doesn't cut it for many of us (looks and price are a no-go). The proposed kit would come with 52615-35, the door surrounds, and a back window that uses hook and loop fasteners/zipper to fully enclose the cab (or some other simple design). When you take it all off it can be stuffed under/behind the back seat. And while I'm dreaming... give it a $499 or lower price tag.
AMEN TO THIS!!! This is what we need!

Sponsored

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
Thank you! Amen! and any other words that will convince Bestop to do this!!!

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@Bestop Are there going to be more pictures of this product and/or a video highlighting it (better option)? The single picture on your website doesn't show much. I know it's just a safari top but a video highlighting the differences between the two and a in depth look at the two would be much appreciated.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I know this would make me a customer. Rob's idea is my ultimate warm weather roof because the OEM one sucks and we have no alternative.

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all!
We are excited to announce 2 new header bikinis from Bestop specifically for the Gladiator! What is a header bikini? A header bikini uses a windshield header to make a positive connection to the windshield, similar to a soft top.

The 52615-35 is a cable-style design. What that means is that it requires soft top door surrounds and it uses these elements to create a better seal to the door. This bikini comes with the windshield channel.
1606850569886.png

1606847229866.png

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I've been waiting for these! Do you have an installation video?

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all!

1606850569886.png

1606847229866.png

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Running a Sport S w/hard top. So I would need to purchase door surrounds?
Sponsored