Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Wayout Concept in Gator Color

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
This will squash any more Gobi Talk!, lol Yes it shows the orange JT, but the video will start right at the Wayout walk-around.

@steffen707 Haven't finished reading this thread, so maybe it is mentioned... but I dig those embossed Rubicon letters in the video. Who is making those???
Sponsored

o||||||o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Patriot
Photos from today. I've earned my living as a photographer for over 40 years and I can tell you, without hesitation, that the color in these images is correct. That said, the color you see will depend on the device on which you are viewing it and whether your display is calibrated. Gator is an amazing and subtle shade of green. The top is a nicely contrasting tan/brown...gobi? As nice as it is, I'm not planning to wait on it as a late-availability color. I may consider trading my 2020 Billet Silver Gladiator for a 2021 Gator 'ator in a year or so.

wayout1.jpg
wayout2.jpg
Thank you for posting these pictures--I really love this color! I'd describe it as a faded OD green, a color I've often seen on military surplus items. This is definitely the color for me!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
@steffen707 Haven't finished reading this thread, so maybe it is mentioned... but I dig those embossed Rubicon letters in the video. Who is making those???
i had to go back and re-watch it. I doubt those will be available for order, they look like they're recessed into the hood, so you couldn't just stick em on. Jeep usually does a bunch of custom crap you can never buy. Like the wayout's Air Compressor Panel built into the driver side.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Thank you for posting these pictures--I really love this color! I'd describe it as a faded OD green, a color I've often seen on military surplus items. This is definitely the color for me!
HELL YEAH! Go Join the Gator Club thread and help support the green!
Also, this was posted to the Gator Thread! great new perspective on the color in real light.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Sorry for this bit of resurrection, but I was thinking at lunch about the Wayout and the hood on it. To look at it... that's the normal JL hood, but they say it's a steel import. Why did they put a steel import version of the hood when they could have put the lighter US version? Has anyone seen a discussion about this choice?

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
Sorry for this bit of resurrection, but I was thinking at lunch about the Wayout and the hood on it. To look at it... that's the normal JL hood, but they say it's a steel import. Why did they put a steel import version of the hood when they could have put the lighter US version? Has anyone seen a discussion about this choice?
They said that the steel hood is taller in the front to meet foriegn crash standards for hitting people, they used it because they liked the way it looked.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They said that the steel hood is taller in the front to meet foriegn crash standards for hitting people, they used it because they liked the way it looked.
interesting!

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
4DB35653-DA9F-46E6-9F18-087A8BBF5A71.png
Thanks JTRUBI. I now see said the blind man. Hood cut out does the trick. I suspected that it had to be something very simple.

More important question I've been wondering. Can the windshield still be folded down with the snorkel?

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
The thing I really like about this is other than the fuel tanks and modified hard top to keep the RTT lower (which isn't really necessary), it would all be easy to do to a Rubicon. 2" lift, 37's, drill a couple of holes for the on-board air and the rest is all bolt on stuff. You could easily add rotopax holders behind the rear fender flares as well, you just wouldn't have those nice recessed areas with a notched fuel tank. Even most of the cosmetic changes are decals - and I really like the blackout for the tailgate and lower sills. Might do that on my bright white for some added contrast and road rash/shoe scuff protection.

Hopefully they release a set of those along with the rear rack - with an optional soft top cover.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Oh thanks for confirming. I wonder if there have been any side by side pictures of a Sport or Rubicon by the Wayout... close enough to see the taller hood difference. To my eye, it looks just like the standard Overland/Sport hood. (If it's the UK hood, shouldn't we be calling it a bonnet anyway?)

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
The thing I really like about this is other than the fuel tanks and modified hard top to keep the RTT lower (which isn't really necessary), it would all be easy to do to a Rubicon. 2" lift, 37's, drill a couple of holes for the on-board air and the rest is all bolt on stuff. You could easily add rotopax holders behind the rear fender flares as well, you just wouldn't have those nice recessed areas with a notched fuel tank. Even most of the cosmetic changes are decals - and I really like the blackout for the tailgate and lower sills. Might do that on my bright white for some added contrast and road rash/shoe scuff protection.

Hopefully they release a set of those along with the rear rack - with an optional soft top cover.
My hope is to take my future Sport S and make it into something close to this truck. I'm planning to go with a Softtopper to go under a rack, then have a full cab height rack. The rack will accommodate the rotopax stuff, shovel, axe, hi-lift as well. I'd love to see under the hood in the Wayout... how big is their air compressor.

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Trying to find out if you can go ahead and order one in Gator clear coat - is this color still late availability? Called Jeep yesterday but the rep didn't know (what's that about?) Anyway, while I'm waiting to hear back thought I'd ask if anyone knows.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to find out if you can go ahead and order one in Gator clear coat - is this color still late availability? Called Jeep yesterday but the rep didn't know (what's that about?) Anyway, while I'm waiting to hear back thought I'd ask if anyone knows.
go over to the gator club thread. lots of info there. Yes its still available, but for late availability.
Sponsored