First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Do you see why I call it brown now? "It's as least green as we can get it." In your face! It's BROWN with hints of green.
Apparently so . . . Ricky, don't loose that # ! Which makes it still appealing to me over the Gobi (lighter brown/tan?) color.
It will still reflect (as we have seen) more of the "green" in different light. Stealthy in the woods ? ;)
Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Photos from today. I've earned my living as a photographer for over 40 years and I can tell you, without hesitation, that the color in these images is correct. That said, the color you see will depend on the device on which you are viewing it and whether your display is calibrated. Gator is an amazing and subtle shade of green. The top is a nicely contrasting tan/brown...gobi? As nice as it is, I'm not planning to wait on it as a late-availability color. I may consider trading my 2020 Billet Silver Gladiator for a 2021 Gator 'ator in a year or so.

wayout1.jpg
wayout2.jpg

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I really like this concept.

I feel like this setup is a good compromise for me until the camper (slide in rv) options are released for the gladiator.

And to answer the above, yes. Rainbow falls.
Was just there this weekend too

0DEC91C6-BFD6-4440-9AFB-4A3718B46B26.jpeg

Sponsored

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Photos from today. I've earned my living as a photographer for over 40 years and I can tell you, without hesitation, that the color in these images is correct. That said, the color you see will depend on the device on which you are viewing it and whether your display is calibrated. Gator is an amazing and subtle shade of green. The top is a nicely contrasting tan/brown...gobi? As nice as it is, I'm not planning to wait on it as a late-availability color. I may consider trading my 2020 Billet Silver Gladiator for a 2021 Gator 'ator in a year or so.
Nice pics Frank - thanks for sharing!

It was my understanding that the top on this ‘Wayout’ concept Gladiator was a custom paint job, and will not be available from FCA.

Anyone else have additional info?

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Nice pics Frank - thanks for sharing!

It was my understanding that the top on this ‘Wayout’ concept Gladiator was a custom paint job, and will not be available from FCA.

Anyone else have additional info?

Correct. NOT AVAILABLE. They made an "indent" in the back part of the top for the tent to sit lower. You cant see it unless u look at it from the top or the back seat.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Do you see why I call it brown now? "It's as least green as we can get it." In your face! It's BROWN with hints of green.
Its green with a lot of brown in it.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nice find . . . keeping my juices flowing ! Can clearly see the NAME of the RTT which I explained previously in a different thread - the USA Distributor being autohome.com in Reno. I'm leaning toward the Clamshell style model - cost less and the tallest end is way taller than the horizontal popup models. Similar to an Ursa Minor style at less than 1/3rd the cost.
Even after a roof rack install it's less than 1/2 the $$$. Baroud's are NICE but jeez, $$$$+ ! Tepui's hard shell is a better IDEA, but their execution and materials are not to my liking. Too bad, I like the Low Profile. gofastcampers.com (discussed previously) is also Low Profile and Clam Shell, but more expensive - I'll be checking them out later in July in Missoula, MT. at an Overlanding Exposition (not overland West related).

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Its green with a lot of brown in it.
Personally I could give a hoot what they CALL it . . . it's not Gobi, and it's not a 75th anniversary Green (unfortunately), but I prefer it over the Sting or Gobi or the Regulars ! Maybe the 2021's (seeing as how this years is a 2020) will have a couple new color options in the BeGinning . . . say around December / January coming up.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'm leaning towards a rack like this, but the RTT I'd do is the GoFastCamper tent... you can order it with the bottom opening up rather than a side, so you can get into it from the bed.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Absolutely love it. It’s basically how I wanted to build my Gladiator. Tan top and all. Loving the stone guards on the headlights too
any idea where you can get those stone guards that the headlights had?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its also funny to me that on this concept they painted the hardtop headliner to match the color scheme.

Why didn't they just make the headliners all black, instead of white?
Sponsored