First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
It will be interesting to see what you Aussies get and what you do with them...
You have some great Overlanding brands there.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
If the Australian trucks will also be built in Toledo then everyone should be prepared for many delivery delays. They struggle to deliver them now with limited colors, zero manual transmissions and zero base Sport models and zero hard tonneau covers, just to name a few delay issues.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Then you can BET $$$ Diesel down under.

OP
OP
IGBTYS

IGBTYS

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon - MY22 - Sarge Green
It will be interesting to see what you Aussies get and what you do with them...
You have some great Overlanding brands there.[/QUOTE
Unfortunately our laws make it hard to go too crazy, especially with wheels size and lift.

Having said that, ARB will still take many thousands of dollars from me!

Sponsored

OP
OP
IGBTYS

IGBTYS

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon - MY22 - Sarge Green
If the Australian trucks will also be built in Toledo then everyone should be prepared for many delivery delays. They struggle to deliver them now with limited colors, zero manual transmissions and zero base Sport models and zero hard tonneau covers, just to name a few delay issues.
Thankfully they are coming from Toledo and you're spot on, still ~12 months for the Pentastar and best guess is about another 18 months for the diesel...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
@Ian cj10 where we at on this? What's the the real truth lol. I thought they cost too much, sunk at sea before arrival, no parts. Now you're famous!

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
my concern is will we even get the 3.0 diesel if we get the same options as the jl ill be very dissapointed 2.2 diesel is only available on rubicon front axles are cv joint not uni joint so only fitted with a 32 inch tire that makes 35's illegal & no hiline fenders available , no manual trans available ,no sport ,sport s is the lowest trim & im sure there would be a few other things we miss out on
i guess ill have to wait & see how we fair with the jt still a year away though

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
my concern is will we even get the 3.0 diesel if we get the same options as the jl ill be very dissapointed 2.2 diesel is only available on rubicon front axles are cv joint not uni joint so only fitted with a 32 inch tire that makes 35's illegal & no hiline fenders available , no manual trans available ,no sport ,sport s is the lowest trim & im sure there would be a few other things we miss out on
i guess ill have to wait & see how we fair with the jt still a year away though
I have some friends down under and the world of 4x4 is HIGHLY regulated, WOW. Not sure why the state is so heavy handed on this as most of Aus is rural and not easy. But the guys down there have made the best of it and make some GREAT products...ARB, I ran them F/R in my Dynatrac ProRock D 60's axles.

Sponsored

PK2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranchero, Triumph Speed Triple, Isuzu Dmax
I've been really excited by the release of the Gladiator, but I'll reserve my judgement until the diesel lands here.
I'll be buying as my retirement tow vehicle in 3 to 4 years. Ill be towing approx 2500kg full offroad van throughout the outback etc.
Unfortunately it's going to have to be pretty bloody good and RELIABLE. I love Jeeps, I've owned 5, a CJ4, CJ7, TJ, XJ, WG and would love a Gladiator.
But it's going to have to be outstanding to stop me getting a 79 series Cruiser.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
So interesting how this rollout happens differently across timezones. You gotta know some FCA person is responsible for every corner of the globe, aspects of a fractal, what each region deals with, fascinating! Thanks for the updates!

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
i think PK2 's veiw that if its not outstanding then he will get a 79 series cruiser is exactly how most aussies will see this thing especially at the price its likely to be over here considering the reputation of both brands (aussies in general dont trust jeeps but consider toyota the best brand for reliability) so itll be a hard sell for jeep down here
i guess we'll find out for sure in a year or so

Reactions: PK2

PK2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranchero, Triumph Speed Triple, Isuzu Dmax
Yep that's pretty much it. If the Gladiator is priced above the 79 series, sure they'll sell to the Jeep faithfull, but their market will be limited after that.
If it was around the 60k mark in diesel, they'll sell well, but I can't see the Rubicon diesel selling for less than 90k, 15k more than the 79 series with that v8 diesel and legendary reliability.

I really, really want to love the Gladiator when it arrives, but its going to take something special to beat the Toyota.

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
Cant believe after all this time, I have literally just found this thread.
My gut feel is they will go for the ranger raptor price end of the market. If they really want to sell some units, they will go for the Hliux/Ranger $60K Aud market. Tyre placarding will an Aus issue, as will the age old "can you drive with no doors" argument.
My personal plan (if we ever see these things...is a listed 35" tyre with a real world OD closer to 36"...I've stated a million times that the ramp-over is my biggest concern on this vehicle (price aside)
Sponsored