Halogen bulb replacement

JRV

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/Stingray
Has anybody changed the stock halogen head light bulbs to led? How about any of the other light bulbs? I assume that the head lights are the same as the JL and we can use the same led bulbs? Thanks
Sponsored

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Has anybody changed the stock halogen head light bulbs to led? How about any of the other light bulbs? I assume that the head lights are the same as the JL and we can use the same led bulbs? Thanks
I changed my halogens out to Oracle LED.
Made a world of difference.
The Oracle part # is 5236-001.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I used CrystaLux LED bulbs in the headlights, and soon I'm going to put Supernova V.4 LED bulbs in the headlights on my Gladiator. They make a HUGE difference...way more difference than the upgraded halogen bulbs will ever give you. H13 is the size you'll want. Make sure the ones you get have adjustable angle on the diodes and a driver that's small enough to tuck into the housing so you can reuse your dust caps.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So you could always push halogen to the limit of performance.

Www.rallylights.com offers the hella super 7 which takes and H4 and they offer a harness kit that uses the Jeep lamp harness as the trigger for a direct from battery relay harness which does away with the pwm flicker. This would give you possibly the best h4 lamp and let you run a wealth of higher output h4 bulbs.

https://www.rallylights.com/hella-s...amp-systems-each-with-city-light-hl39519.html

https://www.rallylights.com/hl28130...adlamp-harness-for-jeep-jk-wrangler-2007.html

Quadratec has a JL headlamp bucket insert that will let you fit a standard 7” lamp into the JL/JT bucket.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/7-inch-headlight-adapter-brackets-jeep-wrangler-jl

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The beam pattern is amazing on these.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks.

I will say though, the Supernova V.4 LED head light bulbs are amazing, but, by far the best money I've spent has been on the Supernova V.4 LED fog light bulbs. Those fog bulbs go a long way in lighting up the field of view along the edges of the roadway. They made the biggest difference out of all the forward lighting upgrades I've done so far.

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

:rock:Those fog lights are amazing. I think I’m going to have to look into upgrading my sport s bulbs. I just got the truck so haven’t driving at night yet to see how the stock halogen bulbs are.

Sorry for a stupid question but are they LED fog and headlight bulbs a simple plug and play? I thought I read it was more complicated than that to upgrade to LED lights.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
6:58
vs
9:15

Those are the two time stamps in the video above that really show off the difference between the stock halogen bulb and the Supernova V.4 bulb.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
:rock:Those fog lights are amazing. I think I’m going to have to look into upgrading my sport s bulbs. I just got the truck so haven’t driving at night yet to see how the stock halogen bulbs are.

Sorry for a stupid question but are they LED fog and headlight bulbs a simple plug and play? I thought I read it was more complicated than that to upgrade to LED lights.
Literally plug and play. Takes about 15 extra seconds to tuck the wiring into the housing on the headlights neatly so you can reuse the dust caps on the back of the housings, but other than that it's all literally plug and play just like any other bulb.

Sponsored

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
9068F1AF-DAF0-4959-ADE6-514122023F04.jpeg

These are what you have? Thanks again for your help.

Literally plug and play. Takes about 15 extra seconds to tuck the wiring into the housing on the headlights neatly so you can reuse the dust caps on the back of the housings, but other than that it's all literally plug and play just like any other bulb.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't recognize that screen, but yeah it seems the same. Supernova V.4 is the bulb...got mine from Headlight Revolution but they may sell them elsewhere too. Not sure. And, I got them on sale for around $150. It may be worth calling them to inquire about discounts.

Glad-inator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clicked on the link for the bulb and it said they were discontinued. I’ll look around.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Now that I've had a few months with the Premium LED Lighting package from the factory, I can say for 100% certain that the aftermarket setup from Headlight Revolution blows the factory stuff away. And for $1k less money. If I could do it over again I'd have skipped this factory upgrade and I would buy the Supernova bulbs again.