Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @beelzebot and @Sorbs for posting how the deal went for you with Kent at Peterson's! From the start he's seemingly been very straight forward and no B.S. Very happy to hear the experience at dealership was the same thing and no surprises.

Kent is already getting a ton of referrals from me. I'm sending as many California new Jeep customers his way as possible. We already get screwed here in California on taxes (all kinds...but new car tax = 9.5%!), fuel costs, insurance rates, and home prices...adding slime bag dealer ADM pricing on my new Gladiator was where I personally had drawn a line in the sand.

I'm in "JB" status right now...hoping that my Gladiator reaches Nampa before end of July!
For anyone still on the fence, we interviewed Kent and it is now posted. It is for real!
Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
...what is this new car tax of 9.5%?
Oops...typo...no gas guzzler tax. Meant to type 7.5% sales tax (not 9.5% sales tax).

The Republik of Kalifornia collects 7.5% on all new car purchases. This breaks down into 6.25% for our comrades in Sacramento to squander on all sorts of political nonsense and related comrade (or non-comrade) programs...and they generously pass on the remaining 1.25% to the county government where you reside. There is $0 credit towards taxes if you trade-in a vehicle...taxes are charged at 100% of sales price.

Sorry, political rant over...

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oops...typo...no gas guzzler tax. Meant to type 7.5% sales tax (not 9.5% sales tax).

The Republik of Kalifornia collects 7.5% on all new car purchases. This breaks down into 6.25% for our comrades in Sacramento to squander on all sorts of political nonsense and related comrade (or non-comrade) programs...and they generously pass on the remaining 1.25% to the county government where you reside. There is $0 credit towards taxes if you trade-in a vehicle...taxes are charged at 100% of sales price.

Sorry, political rant over...
If you sneak across the border, from any other country, you get free education all the way through college, and now, free healthcare. You need a special ID to buy bullets but no ID to vote. Taxes on gas just went up, again, to pay for roads because the last time a gas tax was raised for roads it didn't actually get used for roads.

We didn't leave California, it left us. Couldn't be happier. Last year our income tax savings bought our new JLR and this year our income tax savings bought us a Gladiator. Not to rub it in, but gas per gallon is $2.67 today.

Facts are not a political rant.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@Sorbs think I paid $3.95/gal here today for 87 octane unleaded. Another $0.06/gal tax on gas started today...

And don't get me started on housing prices here in California. This continues to boggle my mind.

It's a beautiful place, the weather is awesome, and we love living here (minus the political climate and cost of living). But definitely will not be retiring in this state.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yeah

Well, in a perfect world for the dealer, the payments would happen for at least 6 months. So let’s say financed 50000. First payment you did was 49000, so you have 1000 left. However, when you get the monthly bill for your car payment, it’s going to be for the amount that you originally agreed upon (let’s pretend it was 500). So you are still going to get a bill for 500 and the next month will still be 500 too. Which will in effect, pay off your loan before the 6 month period.

It’s not like a credit card where your payments can fluctuate month to month depending upon balance.
So what you are saying is that if you want to pay off the most you can on the first payment(if you actually plan to hold for 6 months), get the smallest monthly payment possible?

Sponsored

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Has anyone got their JT from Idaho who plans to pay most of the balance on their first payment and has that plan figured out? Or anyone that has made the payment? Even if you did the same deal with a JL from Kent. How does it work? I could pay it off in one payment but I just want to hear from someone who has done it.

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
This is how I believe it will work. I am in the dealership world myself and have had it explained a bit from my ordering dealer.

Example

You finance 60000.00 over 60 or 72 or 84. Whatever the dealer gets you set up for based on credit of the buyer and the approval from the lender. Once you get your first payment due note......you slap down the money you would like to do and they will re-amortize the loan which will lower your overall balance and lowering your payment due going forward. The lender could also say you dont owe us any payment due for x amount of months based off how much money you put down to re-amortize it. You will be current on your loan. When the 6 months come up refi it to a better rate if you qualify....most likely will if you lay down a healthy payment during the first 6 months. It will also payoff this loan when you refi showing a paid in full loan but for only 6 months worth of time. Since the dealer is loosing money on the front end especially if you are buying from the key dealers mentioned in this forum, they have to recoup somewhere and that comes by the financing dollars. The dealer will pick up 2000 to 3000 in reserve financing this dollar amount and any products you would like to add will also help to recoup. The dealer hopes you keep your end of the deal for not refinancing till 6 months since they gave you the deal of day on the vehicle up front. Ultimately the choice is yours. Many times a cash price is more than a finance price.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone got their JT from Idaho who plans to pay most of the balance on their first payment and has that plan figured out? Or anyone that has made the payment? Even if you did the same deal with a JL from Kent. How does it work? I could pay it off in one payment but I just want to hear from someone who has done it.
Yes, that is what I am doing. Big first payment and then 5 small payments. Kyle in finance gives you a packet with the 6 payment plan printed on the front of it.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So what you are saying is that if you want to pay off the most you can on the first payment(if you actually plan to hold for 6 months), get the smallest monthly payment possible?
Yes.

JQ11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Picked up my Launch Edition yesterday and Kent delivered exactly as promised 5% under invoice and the best car buying experience by far - in and out quickly and zero surprises or upsells - you cannot have a better buying experience so if you’re not buying through Kent you’re missing out.

Sponsored

JQ11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Picked up my Launch Edition yesterday and Kent delivered exactly as promised 5% under invoice and the best car buying experience by far - in and out quickly and zero surprises or upsells - you cannot have a better buying experience so if you’re not buying through Kent you’re missing out.
Let me add to this just to reinforce the best car buying experience - Kent picked me up at the airport, my Gladiator was parked in the prime showcase spot on the sidewalk at the front of the building, it had a full tank of gas, Kent paired my phone to it before I left and set up the other commonly done setting changes - not that anyone in this thread isn’t already a fan of Kent and their process but just wanted to add to it - enjoy your Gladiators!

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know others have said this, but is there another way to watch the video? The link isn't working.
The video is down for now. The dealership is putting something else together and asked it be turned off.

Good news, TFL is doing a video shoot this week about our Gladiator LE and our buying experience.

In the meantime I can answer questions.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How long did everyone's JT that made a pit stop in Utah take to get to Idaho after it stopped in Utah?
Our JL was there for two weeks and our JT was there for one week.
Sponsored