Sponsored

Up to 7% off in Idaho

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I asked Derik to leave me all of the factory parts that come off and he was happy to oblige. I'll have a very full bed for the drive home.

Related: Anybody interested in a new Rubicon factory suspension? Tires and wheels? They'll be for sale in Utah as soon as I have my truck. Looking like July.
Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went up to Peterson yesterday so my brother could pick his order up. Process was smooth and simple. They took good care of him and the truck is beautiful. Even with a trade in we weren’t there more than a couple hours.

Kent and Derik both made sure we didn’t have any questions before leaving. Derik took time to show me the stock room and unboxed one of the wheels he’s holding for my build so I could get a close look. Very happy with the experience and can’t wait to get back up there when mine comes in.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Ah reminds me of why I like Idaho.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my window sticker. Looks like I’ll be headed back up soon as long as shipping issues don’t arise.

Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Went up to Peterson yesterday so my brother could pick his order up. Process was smooth and simple. They took good care of him and the truck is beautiful. Even with a trade in we weren’t there more than a couple hours.

Kent and Derik both made sure we didn’t have any questions before leaving. Derik took time to show me the stock room and unboxed one of the wheels he’s holding for my build so I could get a close look. Very happy with the experience and can’t wait to get back up there when mine comes in.
Do you know for him to get the deal, did he have to finance the entire amount of the gladiator? Or was he able to do a down payment?

Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know for him to get the deal, did he have to finance the entire amount of the gladiator? Or was he able to do a down payment?
You can put down a hefty payment. Financing is traditional simple interest too so you could do the same thing again in the following few months and not pay much interest.

I work in auto finance. I looked at the terms. Nothing out of the ordinary. They just ask that you keep the loan for 6 months so they can get their reward from the bank. You could pay all but a couple thousand dollars in month 2 and as long as you don’t pay it off until after month 6 they’ll get paid and you got a great deal. Win for everyone.

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
@Sorbs Hopefully you picked up this weekend. Can you share the numbers on the lift install etc?

OP
OP
kayakmike

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
You can put down a hefty payment. Financing is traditional simple interest too so you could do the same thing again in the following few months and not pay much interest.

I work in auto finance. I looked at the terms. Nothing out of the ordinary. They just ask that you keep the loan for 6 months so they can get their reward from the bank. You could pay all but a couple thousand dollars in month 2 and as long as you don’t pay it off until after month 6 they’ll get paid and you got a great deal. Win for everyone.
Good to know.Or you could pay 99% of it on the first payment, correct? I also heard that there is no requirement to hold it for 6 with whatever bank they use, but it hurts the dealer's part of the deal.

Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I met @Sorbs while we were there. Small world for jeepers.

I don’t know what he paid by my lift quote was $2210 total installed. Lift was marked up to $1647. It’s under $1500 on amazon right now. Labor quote was $562.

Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Yeah
Good to know.Or you could pay 99% of it on the first payment, correct? I also heard that there is no requirement to hold it for 6 with whatever bank they use, but it hurts the dealer's part of the deal.
Well, in a perfect world for the dealer, the payments would happen for at least 6 months. So let’s say financed 50000. First payment you did was 49000, so you have 1000 left. However, when you get the monthly bill for your car payment, it’s going to be for the amount that you originally agreed upon (let’s pretend it was 500). So you are still going to get a bill for 500 and the next month will still be 500 too. Which will in effect, pay off your loan before the 6 month period.

It’s not like a credit card where your payments can fluctuate month to month depending upon balance.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I met @Sorbs while we were there. Small world for jeepers.

I don’t know what he paid by my lift quote was $2210 total installed. Lift was marked up to $1647. It’s under $1500 on amazon right now. Labor quote was $562.
Small world indeed!

I did speak with Derik about the lift pricing and right now it's fluctuating because of availability. Other dealers are offering higher than MSRP for his inventory. "IF" you can get the parts cheaper make sure they have them and not just clickbait.

Great meeting you too!

BTW, lift installed was $1,952.00. Got in on the first 10 Mopar had delivered to Derik.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks @beelzebot and @Sorbs for posting how the deal went for you with Kent at Peterson's! From the start he's seemingly been very straight forward and no B.S. Very happy to hear the experience at dealership was the same thing and no surprises.

Kent is already getting a ton of referrals from me. I'm sending as many California new Jeep customers his way as possible. We already get screwed here in California on taxes (all kinds...but new car tax = 7.5%!), fuel costs, insurance rates, and home prices...adding slime bag dealer ADM pricing on my new Gladiator was where I personally had drawn a line in the sand.

I'm in "JB" status right now...hoping that my Gladiator reaches Nampa before end of July!

Last edited:

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Thanks @beelzebot and @Sorbs for posting how the deal went for you with Kent at Peterson's! From the start he's seemingly been very straight forward and no B.S. Very happy to hear the experience at dealership was the same thing and no surprises.

Kent is already getting a ton of referrals from me. I'm sending as many California new Jeep customers his way as possible. We already get screwed here in California on taxes (all kinds...but new car tax = 9.5%!)
Wait a min - I thought only the hard core sports cars like the Porsches had the gas guzzler new car tax - what is this new car tax of 9.5%? Is that for all cars in addition to the sales tax you pay for registration?
Sponsored