Sponsored

Lucifer, Demon V8 Swapped Red Rubicon Gladiator

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
No clue, I have a jk with a 6.4 and a RIPP s/c on it. it does like 6, but when I'm wheeling, I still have about 1/2 tank left.
Wow you have a 6.4 Hemi plus a RIPP SC on top of it? Isn't that a bit of an overkill?
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Wow you have a 6.4 Hemi plus a RIPP SC on top of it? Isn't that a bit of an overkill?
i think the 850hp Gladiator is a dead giveaway the OP doesn't mind the overkill. :rock:

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have the money for this, you don’t care about MPGs...
LOL I know but with a 22 gallon tank, if you get 5-6 mpg then it will be super annoying and is really not practical IMO to drive from gas station to gas station unless you just don't really drive and use your truck. If the build cost gets past $120k I would rather just get a G Wagon, but that is my opinion.

OP
OP
eddybarba

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Demon Motor Swap,2018 JLUR RIPP S/C, 2015 JKUR 392 swap w RIPP S/C, 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2017 F250 6.7, 2016 Nissan GTR
Vehicle Showcase
LOL I know but with a 22 gallon tank, if you get 5-6 mpg then it will be super annoying and is really not practical IMO to drive from gas station to gas station unless you just don't really drive and use your truck. If the build cost gets past $120k I would rather just get a G Wagon, but that is my opinion.
It'll definitely blow the $120 mark. G Wagons are amazing, I've had two plus many other exotics, I'm just not really into them. I live in miami and every douche bag here has one. I just love the wrangler platform, you can enjoy them stock and they're great to drive. Then you can stupid crap like myself and others. Each jeep is unique to its owner, I really like the ability to express myself through these cars. granted I'm a douche with a lot of money in three jeeps, but 95% of the people that see one of them just think it's a cool looking jeep. I'm fine with that.

And in regards to gas, agreed that would totally suck stopping all the time, but this isn't a daily. Besides my tow rig, I don't drive more than 3,000 miles a year on any of my cars. I tow to all the shows.

And lastly, this won't be a mall crawler. Yes I build it nicely, I want it to look as good as it performs, but you will see it out on the trails. I'll be taking it and the blue waffle to EJS, it won't be doing rusty or pritchett, those will be for the waffle.

OP
OP
eddybarba

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Demon Motor Swap,2018 JLUR RIPP S/C, 2015 JKUR 392 swap w RIPP S/C, 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2017 F250 6.7, 2016 Nissan GTR
Vehicle Showcase
So I hadn't had any updates for a while. After nagging Jared at AMW for a few weeks I finally got them started on the build this week.

Body is off, motor is IN!! He's thinking body will go back on tomorrrow. The actual swap is fairly quick thanks to the engineering AMW has done. They charge 50 hrs for the swap. It's obviously easier on a brand new car b/c everything is clean and no one has touched it.

I'm hoping to pick it up at the end of next week then tow it to salt lake to get a custom suspension setup and hopefully axles. I'm still not certain which company I'll be working with because there are a few that want it at SEMA. Once axles are decided then I can get wheels and tires. I'd like to go raceline 20" beadlocks with 40" tires. I like that look plus i need a larger wheel space for the BBK upgrade.
Enough talk, here are some pics

IMG-4018.JPG

IMG-4019.JPG

IMG-4020.JPG

IMG-4034.JPG

IMG-4035.JPG

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I hadn't had any updates for a while. After nagging Jared at AMW for a few weeks I finally got them started on the build this week.

Body is off, motor is IN!! He's thinking body will go back on tomorrrow. The actual swap is fairly quick thanks to the engineering AMW has done. They charge 50 hrs for the swap. It's obviously easier on a brand new car b/c everything is clean and no one has touched it.

I'm hoping to pick it up at the end of next week then tow it to salt lake to get a custom suspension setup and hopefully axles. I'm still not certain which company I'll be working with because there are a few that want it at SEMA. Once axles are decided then I can get wheels and tires. I'd like to go raceline 20" beadlocks with 40" tires. I like that look plus i need a larger wheel space for the BBK upgrade.
Enough talk, here are some pics

IMG-4018.JPG

IMG-4019.JPG

IMG-4020.JPG

IMG-4034.JPG

IMG-4035.JPG
Nice, looks like it is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see it when its all done. I believe the LiteBrite jeep got the Teraflex suspension - I am not so sure though... I would like to hear what suspension you finally decided to go with.

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Another factor is that transmission isn't the one thats behind he Hellcat engine in my Trackhawk,

That has the 8HP90

I hope your transmission lasts.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Are you doing anything to address the additional cooling requirements?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Maybe he's installing one of these in the passenger seat like I have.

20190724_162635.jpg

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
In my Hellcat swapped CJ7 I use a extra large 1977 Jeep Wagoneer aftermarket radiator built by Be Cool with two Spaul fans, plus a oil cooler. These things make tons of heat.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my Hellcat swapped CJ7 I use a extra large 1977 Jeep Wagoneer aftermarket radiator built by Be Cool with two Spaul fans, plus a oil cooler. These things make tons of heat.
so you're saying the milwaukee 3 speed fan isn't up to the task?

20190724_162635-jpg.jpg