Sponsored

7% Below Invoice Pricing for Gladiator!!!

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Navy CCU had 1.99% for 60 months a while back.
Sponsored

Drewellis93

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (on order)
Finance through Travis for the additional 1% and then re-finance. I can get 2.24% for 54 months with my credit union. If one of his contacts can match that rate, great. If not, I still get the additional 1% and can refinance the next week.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Finance through Travis for the additional 1% and then re-finance. I can get 2.24% for 54 months with my credit union. If one of his contacts can match that rate, great. If not, I still get the additional 1% and can refinance the next week.
I think they require 6 months of financing through them. Even if it’s not a requirement, they only get the kick back from the bank after xx weeks or months. Have a conversation with them. He’s booking us up make sure you hook him up too.

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Sure looks like he is offering great deals, but he only as 2 Gladiators in inventory.

Whats with that?

Sal

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I think they require 6 months of financing through them. Even if it’s not a requirement, they only get the kick back from the bank after xx weeks or months. Have a conversation with them. He’s booking us up make sure you hook him up too.
That is the conundrum of who is going to take it in the shorts on basically a average $600 or so savings for that 1% price reduction?

Nothing legally stops a buyer after the fact to refinance the next day but as you mentioned, Travis and the dealership loose out of their kickback from the initial finance. I doubt the waiting 6 months before refinance would have that big of a difference in charged interest for the 6 months of amortization to just give the dealership their bone before refinance.

Last edited:

Drewellis93

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (on order)
That is the conundrum of who is going to take it in the shorts on basically a average $600 or so savings for that 1% price reduction?

Nothing legally stops a buyer after the fact to refinance the next day but as you mentioned, Travis and the dealership loose out of their kickback from the initial finance. I doubt the waiting 6 months before refinance would have that big of a difference in charged interest for the 6 months of amortization to just give the dealership their bone before refinance.
I have no problem with that.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Sure looks like he is offering great deals, but he only as 2 Gladiators in inventory.

Whats with that?

Sal
They are a small dealer in a small town. They do high volume through big discounts on special ordered Jeeps. I’ve heard that he has over 100 sold Gladiator orders.

thepriest555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I picked up my Firecracker Rubicon yesterday from Travis. I highly recommend using them for the convenience and the upfront/great pricing. If I have any complaints it's 1) Email responses are slow if you are lucky to get a reply. 2) No follow-ups. Didn't provide VIN or status of build until I called 6 weeks after I ordered to find out my truck was already at the Winston-Salem rail yard and would be ready to be picked up in the next few days. 3) Their phone system sucks. You get dropped from their automated answering system constantly. You have to call usually about a dozen times before making it past their automated answering system.

I label these as complaints, but they're more to provide realistic expectations. In some ways, it was nice not having to deal with a salesman calling or bothering me the whole time. But when I was trying to arrange a day to pick the truck up so I can make arrangements at work, it was a little annoying not getting responses to my email and having to spam call them to finally get someone on the line. For the amount of discount on the truck, I'm okay with the lower level of service. For any other vehicle, I might have walked away due to the service. In fact, I actually cancelled an order with a local Raleigh dealer because of their service (and before knowing about tri-city's discounts).

With all that said, it was probably the easiest vehicle purchase I've made and would recommend Tri-city for the below invoice pricing and ease of purchase. However, without the discount, I'd be unhappy with the level of service.

Scouser

First Name
Devlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator ordered 9/21/19, Delivered 11/15/19
Occupation
Props, Costumes and lots of paperwork
Travis has been very straight forward with me so far. Emails I normally get back in a few days but I also don't mind because I know he has to deal with local sales on top of people trying to buy from him like us, but with other Jeeps models also. The colors I want are not available yet, so I missed out on the 7% earlier in the year, but I plan to get the 5%. My local dealer (in Raleigh also, Brier creek area) doesn't want to budge on price, gives a lower trade in value than Travis by a little, but every penny counts, and never even offered me a test drive. Just wanted to talk about money and when I told him exactly what I wanted and asked about custom order he kept showing me inventory and saying, well this one is close to what you want. Then one of the salesman told me $2k to custom order...I laughed and left. Sorry, not acceptable. I want what I want don't try to sway me with over priced, dealer option crap. Travis may not be the dealer 8 minutes from my house, but he is at least upfront and honest, willing to order what you want and give a darn good price. I hope that in about a month I am on the phone paying my deposit with his dealership.

Sponsored

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
Picked up my White Gladiator from Travis and Doug. They were fantastic and super easy to deal with. I flew in the night before, got picked up that morning and was on the road by 10am. I financed through them and will keep it for 90-120 days and they honored the tread-lightly for the original deal of 7% under invoice. Very easy to deal with and would recommend to anyone!

Circuitous

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Floater
Picked up my White Gladiator from Travis and Doug. They were fantastic and super easy to deal with. I flew in the night before, got picked up that morning and was on the road by 10am. I financed through them and will keep it for 90-120 days and they honored the tread-lightly for the original deal of 7% under invoice. Very easy to deal with and would recommend to anyone!
So is Tri-city back to doing 7% w affiliate and financing through them? Or was it something you had secured from the beginning? I know recently people were only getting up to 5%.

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
So is Tri-city back to doing 7% w affiliate and financing through them? Or was it something you had secured from the beginning? I know recently people were only getting up to 5%.
No, I ordered on April 27th and that was the deal he was offering then.

mhunnesh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (past)
They are currently doing 4% below invoice plus another 1% for affiliate plus another 1% for their financing/leasing. 6% max.

Note: They did raise doc fee from $349 to $499.
Sponsored