First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Really like those wheels! Ready to see 'em mounted up.

Is there a reason that AEV only lists them for the JK? They don't have a JT section, but they don't show them in the JL section either.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg@RME

Greg@RME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rme4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1948 Willys CJ2a
Really like those wheels! Ready to see 'em mounted up.

Is there a reason that AEV only lists them for the JK? They don't have a JT section, but they don't show them in the JL section either.
Yeah, they're good looking! I did JUST pick them up from powder coating and they look AMAZING. I'm going to hold off on revealing the wheel color until they're all mounted up and installed.... ;)

I bought them for my JK, but never put them on. They'll fit a JL/JT, not sure why AEV doesn't have a section for the newer models.

OP
OP
Greg@RME

Greg@RME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rme4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Well, onto Stage 2 of the build! Here's what it took;

1. Teraflex 1.5" spacer leveling kit
  2. Daystar 3/4" rear spacer
  3. Falcon 2.1 monotube shocks
  4. American Adventure Labs Highline Brace & DRL's
  5. American Adventure Labs Quick Release Front Inner fenders
  6. AEV Salta JK-spec wheels, powder coated with Illusion Cherry
  7. BFGoodrich KM3 tires

I did the lift, shocks and AAL parts over 2 days. None of it was too difficult, just took some time. To install the leveling kit and spring spacer, I had to get the weight off the springs, remove the fronts and then slide the spacers in place. Getting the shocks on was simple, nothing difficult about them. The AAL fender parts were more involved, they required removing the front fenders and stripping out the plastic inner fender liners and bolting the new aluminum inner fenders.

i-kVQrZHW-L.jpg

i-trxjggC-L.jpg

i-zP88fdr-L.jpg

i-dt2X7Jh-L.jpg

OP
OP
Greg@RME

Greg@RME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rme4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Time for the reveal of the Stage 2 mods!

I was able to get to Moab for a quick trail test, heading to Hells Revenge. I'm very pleased with the outcome of Stage 2, I gained much needed ground clearance, better approach, breakover and departure angle. I was able to check the tire clearance, bumpstop height and shock travel and it all looked good. The Gladiator worked great, I scraped the rear hitch several times, but that's to be expected. I was pretty happy with the wheel travel, considering I'm still running stock springs & control arms.

It took a MONTH to get the wheels back from the powdercoater! The color is pretty awesome, it takes on all kinds of different shades depending on the light. The 37" BFG KM3's look perfect with the amount of lift, wheelbase and they work great offroad and on. The Falcon 2.1's are a huge improvement over the factory Fox 2.0's, the Gladiator feels much more sure-footed on bumpy roads and the rough trails. It's obvious that they dampening makes a big, needed change. The 37's don't rub at all and the bumpstops all seem to be set right, which is amazing considering the low lift height! I feel like the Stage 2 mods all work together very well!

i-28jx5x3-L.jpg

i-xKXstTK-L.jpg

i-3fknNTS-L.jpg

i-mFfDcdL-L.jpg

i-sZLPXQ4-L.jpg

i-xjcQ6hN-L.jpg

Jmospider

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Time for the reveal of the Stage 2 mods!

I was able to get to Moab for a quick trail test, heading to Hells Revenge. I'm very pleased with the outcome of Stage 2, I gained much needed ground clearance, better approach, breakover and departure angle. I was able to check the tire clearance, bumpstop height and shock travel and it all looked good. The Gladiator worked great, I scraped the rear hitch several times, but that's to be expected. I was pretty happy with the wheel travel, considering I'm still running stock springs & control arms.

It took a MONTH to get the wheels back from the powdercoater! The color is pretty awesome, it takes on all kinds of different shades depending on the light. The 37" BFG KM3's look perfect with the amount of lift, wheelbase and they work great offroad and on. The Falcon 2.1's are a huge improvement over the factory Fox 2.0's, the Gladiator feels much more sure-footed on bumpy roads and the rough trails. It's obvious that they dampening makes a big, needed change. The 37's don't rub at all and the bumpstops all seem to be set right, which is amazing considering the low lift height! I feel like the Stage 2 mods all work together very well!

i-28jx5x3-L.jpg

i-xKXstTK-L.jpg

i-3fknNTS-L.jpg

i-mFfDcdL-L.jpg

i-sZLPXQ4-L.jpg

i-xjcQ6hN-L.jpg
Salta wheels look great! They are the front runner for my Gobi Rubicon. Did you have any issues with the offset being for the JK and not the JL?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg@RME

Greg@RME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rme4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Salta wheels look great! They are the front runner for my Gobi Rubicon. Did you have any issues with the offset being for the JK and not the JL?
I really like them, happy with how they turned out! I have zero fitment issues, I did test fit the wheels before powder coating and mounting the tires up, made sure they cleared the brakes, tie rod ends, etc. The fit and offset looked good at that point, so I moved forward with running them on the JT.

Jmospider

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I really like them, happy with how they turned out! I have zero fitment issues, I did test fit the wheels before powder coating and mounting the tires up, made sure they cleared the brakes, tie rod ends, etc. The fit and offset looked good at that point, so I moved forward with running them on the JT.[/QUOT
Awesome

Jmospider

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Awesome to hear thanks. This is probably a dumb question, but does larger tire fit under bed for spare? Trying to understand if I would need to order 4 or 5.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Awesome to hear thanks. This is probably a dumb question, but does larger tire fit under bed for spare? Trying to understand if I would need to order 4 or 5.
Jeep says you can get a 35” tire in the stock spare location. A 37” tire if it is aired down.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg@RME

Greg@RME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rme4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you got your answer! I'll be putting my 37" spare in place tomorrow, I'll follow up then. I'm hoping I can keep it under there fully inflated, I think if you remove the exhaust heat shield it'll fit.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Sounds like you got your answer! I'll be putting my 37" spare in place tomorrow, I'll follow up then. I'm hoping I can keep it under there fully inflated, I think if you remove the exhaust heat shield it'll fit.
FYI, I just put a bfg KM2 37” under mine fully inflated. It’s tight but it does fit.

And... great build.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, I just put a bfg KM2 37” under mine fully inflated. It’s tight but it does fit.

And... great build.
Thanks for reporting this I've been looking for the answer to will a 37" tire fit underneath.

What's the width of your tire? I"m looking at running 13.5's on mine

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Thanks for reporting this I've been looking for the answer to will a 37" tire fit underneath.

What's the width of your tire? I"m looking at running 13.5's on mine

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if anyone will make a protective cover for the spare tire like a vacuum-formed dust cover that would also protect the sidewall of the spare. I mention it because I saw somewhere someone (maybe here?) had used cardboard or something to make one
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.