Delay ordering for GATOR??????

jkuhn1113

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Those of you getting impatient while being stuck in KZ or JB whatever the code just count yourself lucky. Maybe it’s not moving because they found an issue and are fixing it or anything really. Mine which was ordered September 24th arrived on Saturday is now back at the dealer for good. My bank couldn’t finish the paperwork in time Saturday and being off on Veterans Day I was on borrowed car agreement from Saturday to Tuesday on my Gator JTR. During that time I went back to the dealer 3 times for check engine lights, electronic start stop service lights, and misfire on cold starts. From what I read on the forums here the few people with these issues still haven’t figured out the problem and currently my dealer has no idea what is wrong. Fortunately my dealer has ordered me a new Gator JTR, but, the downside is I really have a huge delay before I can begin having fun with my Jeep (likely wouldn’t have happened if they got my money from the bank on Saturday) and of course my trade value will go down. So for those of you getting annoyed or impatient it’s taking so long to get yours just be grateful you don’t have restart the whole wait.

AD209F02-6BCD-4505-AA19-9DEBF161E5A1.jpeg

97843B71-072F-46D9-B369-8DDD9F64C0D4.jpeg
Sponsored

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
DTDH1,
If you get a minute. Jeep Chat only says KZ for 2 weeks now.

1C6JJTBG6LL158205

Thanks in advance,
D.F.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Those of you getting impatient while being stuck in KZ or JB whatever the code just count yourself lucky. Maybe it’s not moving because they found an issue and are fixing it or anything really. Mine which was ordered September 24th arrived on Saturday is now back at the dealer for good. My bank couldn’t finish the paperwork in time Saturday and being off on Veterans Day I was on borrowed car agreement from Saturday to Tuesday on my Gator JTR. During that time I went back to the dealer 3 times for check engine lights, electronic start stop service lights, and misfire on cold starts. From what I read on the forums here the few people with these issues still haven’t figured out the problem and currently my dealer has no idea what is wrong. Fortunately my dealer has ordered me a new Gator JTR, but, the downside is I really have a huge delay before I can begin having fun with my Jeep (likely wouldn’t have happened if they got my money from the bank on Saturday) and of course my trade value will go down. So for those of you getting annoyed or impatient it’s taking so long to get yours just be grateful you don’t have restart the whole wait.

AD209F02-6BCD-4505-AA19-9DEBF161E5A1.jpeg

97843B71-072F-46D9-B369-8DDD9F64C0D4.jpeg
I would agree, but they put a code in if its being held back due to damage or failing an inspection. They haven't done that. So they're not doing anything to it. It could be messed up too. I wont know until I drive it. It is literally sitting on a lot while I rack up mileage on my trade in.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would agree, but they put a code in if its being held back due to damage or failing an inspection. They haven't done that. So they're not doing anything to it. It could be messed up too. I wont know until I drive it. It is literally sitting on a lot while I rack up mileage on my trade in.
Guess I was truly lucky - my "trade-in" could sit - and while it did I decided just to sell it - and I did - for more than what the dealer offered me by 2500. I had my WJ to drive and with 125,200 on it, who cared - the value won't plummet with each mile or month. It's already down there.
It freaked out the sales guy when he asked where my truck was and if I had the title with me and I told him no, it's on Deery Brothers lot and they have the title - he even went and got the manager as if "now what".
Anyway, I have had no reason to drive the JT yet - other than get it home in the cold, the wind and the DARK last night. It's parked. Weather bad no reason to drive. So I hope there's nothing wrong because it's always better to either not leave with it or get it back immediately.
Am I wrong or are most of the folks have these issues driving Rubicon versions? I know that's what almost everyone here has or has ordered save for those with the Sport (Overland is apparently the red-headed step child)
It just seems that the issues like this, even steering, may be more common on the R versions.....
Has anyone started a poll or tracking which versions have which issues? It often helps to try to find a common thread OTHER than the problem itself May help Jeep or the dealers too if you can say to them that 95% of those with xx issue are yy version.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I was right at the point where I needed to renew a car rental or beg the wife for her JL.

Now I wait for the dealer to put on the Mopar 2" and BFG KO2 315/70R17/C

Anyone near Williamsburg VA looking for a Rubicon suspension and 33" Falken MT takeoffs with maybe 10 miles?

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else hear about the 8 inch touchscreen issues? The dealer said Jeep has put a hold on them until they figure out the a solution to the current problems. My dealer said if I change my build to the 7 inch I will get it faster (December instead of January).

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
whats the issue @jeepguy225 ? I just drove mine 250 miles with no issues.
I guess I will have to call him tomorrow to get a better explanation instead of an email.

The 8inch screen has off road pages and navigation... anything else over the 7 inch screen? Is it worth the longer wait?

Kronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Rubicon
Also curious what the issue with the 8" screen may be. I haven't had any issues, but only at a little over 350 miles.
Sponsored