Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Perfect. You and I are on the same page. I want their explorer canopy too so I can still use the truck as a truck when need be. I don't have an RTT yet but intend to.
140 lbs is light.. Nice!
‘I should have mine in either January or February. I’ll be happy to do a short video of it after it’s installed so you can get a good feel for it.
I have a couple of military consultant gigs that are suppose to kick off January into February but I’ll get it on as soon as I have a couple of days off to run down to Asheville to have it installed.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
‘I should have mine in either January or February. I’ll be happy to do a short video of it after it’s installed so you can get a good feel for it.
I have a couple of military consultant gigs that are suppose to kick off January into February but I’ll get it on as soon as I have a couple of days off to run down to Asheville to have it installed.
are you getting one designed for the 2020Jeep Gladiator, or are you getting a used one thats from one of the Brutes and then swapping it over?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
are you getting one designed for the 2020Jeep Gladiator, or are you getting a used one thats from one of the Brutes and then swapping it over?
I’m getting the one specifically for the Gladiator. I’m hoping that the fit is a little better than the one I saw from the Brute.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I’m getting the one specifically for the Gladiator. I’m hoping that the fit is a little better than the one I saw from the Brute.
can they be ordered already, or you're anticipating them being available Jan/Feb?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Sponsored

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Softopper last night. It s due to arrive on Thursday. Should work for my needs until many more hard-top options are out.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I placed the order a couple of weeks ago.
You can go here and find a dealer near you..

https://www.alu-cab.com/dealer-locator/
yup, as I said You have a dealer in Iowa .
I'm confused just a bit . . . I was told via email by OK4WD, just today, that the full Canopy Camper isn't due till sometime in 2020 . Of course Jan /Feb certainly IS 2020 ! They also told me to get my order in SOON as there is already a 12 to 16 week response time . . . ! ? I chuckled at that seeing as how I haven't put in an order yet for a GLAD . . . and I emailed back with that . . . wonder what they'll say ? My closest Dealer is on the other side of WA. about 300 miles away over the Cascade Mts. ! Not sure how I might proceed, but at a bare minimum of closer to $10,500 (including the stupid "Crate Fee," then the taxes and what else ? Oh yea the Outrageous Install Fee (~$ 750 MORE) ! So. . . it goes . . . on and on and on ?

ps; Steffen, Sensed you seemed perturbed with my reply ? You of all folks should know I am most comfy with my Sarcasm-ly harmless humor ! I'm only happy for you . . . and I can't wait to see Gladys all decked out !
Had no idea you had all this cash lying about . . . . . . . . um, more silliness . . . :whew: :giggle:

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
I just ordered the Softopper last night. It s due to arrive on Thursday. Should work for my needs until many more hard-top options are out.
Please post a pic when you are able to get it installed. I like the soft topper. I’m also a fan of Maximus3 I overland bed rack. 2 different animals but always like choices. Whatever suits the need. ;)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang i was talking to that ok4wd distributor, but that was 4 months ago........Didn't realize these were orderable already. Is there a 6-8 week build time?
ps; Steffen, Sensed you seemed perturbed with my reply ? You of all folks should know I am most comfy with my Sarcasm-ly harmless humor ! I'm only happy for you . . . and I can't wait to see Gladys all decked out !
Had no idea you had all this cash lying about . . . . . . . . um, more silliness . . . :whew: :giggle:
lol, oh no, i take all of your jibberish with a grain of salt. ;)

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
It’s too bad that they didn’t put clear sides on it so you wouldn’t end up with a huge blind spot. Otherwise looks like a great cover to keep things good and dry.

It's no alucab, but it'll work for now.

IMG_20191203_094710.jpg

IMG_20191203_094718.jpg

IMG_20191203_094730.jpg

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It's no alucab, but it'll work for now.

IMG_20191203_094710.jpg

IMG_20191203_094718.jpg

IMG_20191203_094730.jpg
I thought mine was coming on Thursday, as that is what FedEx was saying, but it's actually shipping on Friday.

alwhite:

Does it fit well and seal up well?

I watched the installation video a couple of times, and it seems fairly straightforward. Was there anything during your installation that was tricky?

Best regards.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

I must have missed it; sorry if it's been covered. What are the Alu-Cab's costing for the JT? Do they have the design finalized? I'd like to see how its shape matches with the lines of the OEM hardtop.

Ideally I would like a topper that follows the OEM lines and looks like it should have been there from the get-go. In addition, a black that matches the OEM hardtop would be great.

alwhite

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Honda Element
Occupation
Librarian
I thought mine was coming on Thursday, as that is what FedEx was saying, but it's actually shipping on Friday.

alwhite:

Does it fit well and seal up well?

I watched the installation video a couple of times, and it seems fairly straightforward. Was there anything during your installation that was tricky?

Best regards.
It does fit well. I didnt have issues really, except that i think it was a little cold when i put it on. I had to tighten the straps pretty tight to get the buttons to snap on the cab side. Also, it seems like the front window piece that is supposed to snap into the bed id blocked by the front trail rail if you have it.

Seems to be of good quality so far.
Sponsored