Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking hard for the perfect camper shell for my JTLE if they produce this I'm all in. What do you think?

https://www.truckncover.com/
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I like their creativity.

I’m not sure I understand how their roof racks will function if they are attached the the bed as there will be issues when the truck flexes

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I like their creativity.

I’m not sure I understand how their roof racks will function if they are attached the the bed as there will be issues when the truck flexes
How much flex do you think there is? I have no idea but I would think no more that 2 inch or so.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
How much flex do you think there is? I have no idea but I would think no more that 2 inch or so.
Flex/twist will cause issues especially when the roof rack has weight in it as the design appears to put weight directly on the roof

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Flex/twist will cause issues especially when the roof rack has weight in it as the design appears to put weight directly on the roof
Understood. But to get past this we need to know how much flex is there. I think you would start at empty bed and go from there.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. But to get past this we need to know how much flex is there. I think you would start at empty bed and go from there.
No, I don’t think so. I’ve not seen any company make a rack for the bed that is attached in any way to the truck’s roof. There’s a big reason for that

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
I don't get what this company is offering. Looks like a bunch of concepts that all say "patents available upon request" is this someone trying to licence his IP? Or are they intending to actually build these?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get what this company is offering. Looks like a bunch of concepts that all say "patents available upon request" is this someone trying to licence his IP? Or are they intending to actually build these?
If I had to guess I’d say someone has some product ideas and photoshop skilz and put up a website to see if there’s any interest in either buying the designs (Assuming they’re actually have unique IP) or getting some market pull.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tlhicks

Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They have partnered with LEER to build these. Check it out

OP
OP
Tlhicks

Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If I had to guess I’d say someone has some product ideas and photoshop skilz and put up a website to see if there’s any interest in either buying the designs (Assuming they’re actually have unique IP) or getting some market pull.
The had a build at SEMA this year and have partner with LEER for distribution.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey

I have been looking for a bed rack that incorporates soft shell panels for weather proofing/dog containment. If they made this at cab height with cross bar and exterior cargo options (eg. rotopacks, side bike rack, RTT, et.) Id be all in. Seems very close to a functional bed rack with soft top capability but a fast back design just limits capacity and access. The little slide rack over the cab is cute but wasteful.

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
ok I need some Metal tubing, Cardura fabric, hard tonneau cover, zip ties, gorilla tape, and someone hold my beer I got this. I love the concept I would like a fastback
Sponsored