Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
please post anything you find out about this snorkel.
I'm pretty sure it is the MOPAR Snorkel that has been out for the JL for a while now. Quadratec sales it for $750. This price guide has it listed at $50 less, so not sure if it is a different one or just a little cheaper when ordered as part of a build. There are also quite a few videos out there on YT for it.
Sponsored

robey13

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door, 1997 Land Rover Defender 90, 2020 Gladiator GCLE
Still no Punk'in--the color must definitely be gone

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Welp, if the Mojave is an order option I guess I’ll be updating the Google Spreadsheet version this weekend. I’ll ping back when it’s updated.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Welp, if the Mojave is an order option I guess I’ll be updating the Google Spreadsheet version this weekend. I’ll ping back when it’s updated.
I see FCA likes to keep you busy by increasing a bunch of the option pricing too lol

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I think it was stated someplace that the Mojave will not have the diesel option due to the extra weight up front for that engine option.
I won't say you're wrong, but I can't find any place saying that. I'll continue to hold out hope that it's still on the table. I feel like the Mojave, if ANY Gladiator, is asking for a high-performance engine for bombing down a fire road or pre-running a proper offroad track. And my take on the Eco Diesel is that it's the "next best thing" to a Hemi.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I see FCA likes to keep you busy by increasing a bunch of the option pricing too lol
Even more frustrating is that they have these conditionals. If you get the 8.4" Radio in a Rubicon, you get the Alpine speakers for free. If you get it on the Sport S... no indication as to whether that gets you the speakers. Additionally, when I go to sanity check at jeep.com... they have wonky things like, if you choose the 8.4" radio on a Sport S... it automatically adds the 7.0" radio and the whole thing costs $3500 instead of $1800 (or however much they cost.) I don't really know who to trust.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm pretty sure it is the MOPAR Snorkel that has been out for the JL for a while now. Quadratec sales it for $750. This price guide has it listed at $50 less, so not sure if it is a different one or just a little cheaper when ordered as part of a build. There are also quite a few videos out there on YT for it.
But i'm assuming if you order it on the build sheet, it'll come already installed with the hood cut, right?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
which sheet?

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only have the power to edit the one in my signature. vvvv
NICE! I kinda abandoned my google sheet. It served its purpose at the time, around the same time as you did this I believe. Very nice that you still update this! If you're still doing it in August of 2022, i'll definitely need to use it on the JT i actually buy instead of lease.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I won't say you're wrong, but I can't find any place saying that. I'll continue to hold out hope that it's still on the table. I feel like the Mojave, if ANY Gladiator, is asking for a high-performance engine for bombing down a fire road or pre-running a proper offroad track. And my take on the Eco Diesel is that it's the "next best thing" to a Hemi.
I only read the articles posted in the main Mojave thread and I think the only two videos I watched were the FLT vid from Chicago and the actual Chicago reveal. So if it is not in there, I don't know where I got it from.

One thing to note though is that it appears that Jeep is not offering the steel bumper on the Mojave due to the added weight Front end weight is bad for dune running and dune running is what they built this version for. They also raised the front by and inch to get more travel before bottoming out. Adding 400lbs from the diesel right over the front axle would not sit well with the other things they have done to lighten the front end.

I'm not so sure the diesel would be a good choice for desert running/dune surfing. From comparisons (granted, from JLs) online, the diesel is roughly just as fast, but feels less quick (that would kind of kill the fun factor I would think). I also would think (I don't know since I don't desert run or dune surf) that the extra low end torque would not be needed as much in high speed driving.

I'd love to see a true overlanding (not the mall crawler that has the Overland name on it ;) ) model released by Jeep. Give it a diesel motor with a extra large tank (say 25-30 gallons) and a suspension designed to eat up rough dirt roads with extra weight. That would be really sweet.

But i'm assuming if you order it on the build sheet, it'll come already installed with the hood cut, right?
Yes, it should. They send those builds out to their contracted shops to get the upgrades before they are shipped to the dealers. I actually like the Rugged Ridge and River Raiders snorkels better than the Mopar version. Both look really easy to install and neither require any metal to be cut. Both are also cheaper depending on the options you select for them.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
NICE! I kinda abandoned my google sheet. It served its purpose at the time, around the same time as you did this I believe. Very nice that you still update this! If you're still doing it in August of 2022, i'll definitely need to use it on the JT i actually buy instead of lease.
I update it as may interest fluctuates, unfortunately. I haven't updated really since November... started to update last month when i discovered the discrepancy with the Jeep.com configurator. I'm sure the day after I take ownership of my own Gladiator I'll have to find someone to take the reins.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to see a true overlanding (not the mall crawler that has the Overland name on it ;) ) model released by Jeep. Give it a diesel motor with a extra large tank (say 25-30 gallons) and a suspension designed to eat up rough dirt roads with extra weight. That would be really sweet.
Yes Please!
Sponsored