First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Very cool. Can’t wait to see the video and how this deals with rain and carwashes. Following.
Also curious about the opening being so out there while washing the car
Sponsored

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host
I haven't had any issues as of yet with rain or while washing my Jeep. The snorkel is designed to allow some of the water to run out of the ram air inlet while driving in the rain. For any water that makes its way into the intake, there is a drain in the bottom of the factory air box to allow water to escape BEFORE it goes through your air filter. Under normal conditions, you should leave the drain open, which would allow any residual water that collects in the air box to run out, just like it would from the factory.

If you're going to be fording deeper water, simply reach up behind the inner fender liner and close the drain to prevent water from flowing up into the air box. After the crossing, open the drain back up for normal operation.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
I haven't had any issues as of yet with rain or while washing my Jeep. The snorkel is designed to allow some of the water to run out of the ram air inlet while driving in the rain. For any water that makes its way into the intake, there is a drain in the bottom of the factory air box to allow water to escape BEFORE it goes through your air filter. Under normal conditions, you should leave the drain open, which would allow any residual water that collects in the air box to run out, just like it would from the factory.

If you're going to be fording deeper water, simply reach up behind the inner fender liner and close the drain to prevent water from flowing up into the air box. After the crossing, open the drain back up for normal operation.
Are you noticing any performance changes? I'm currently between the snorkel (probably just low mount, but not sure) and the AFE Power Momentum GT 5R. Technically there's no change to the amount air flow with the snorkel, just the temperature. With the AFE, the temp will stay the same but with increase flow (I think). Obviously the snorkel has the "cool" factor aesthetically.

Thoughts?

njjeepthing

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blinkerfluidproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Event Planner

Does it change the wind flow of the Jeep and make the soft top rattle? Had the AEV snorkel on my JK and it changed the airflow on the Jeep so much it rattled the soft top!

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Are you noticing any performance changes? I'm currently between the snorkel (probably just low mount, but not sure) and the AFE Power Momentum GT 5R. Technically there's no change to the amount air flow with the snorkel, just the temperature. With the AFE, the temp will stay the same but with increase flow (I think). Obviously the snorkel has the "cool" factor aesthetically.

Thoughts?
Would they be compatible together?

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Would they be compatible together?
im not good enough to rig the afe box to the snorkel but I’m sure you can someway/somehow do it. The end of the box is enclosed so you’d need to route the air through the top or cut out the side and route it that way. Would probably be more restrictive than good IMO
Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 387FD51F-9BDD-4CB7-AEA1-849ADFD6AAA8

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
im not good enough to rig the afe box to the snorkel but I’m sure you can someway/somehow do it. The end of the box is enclosed so you’d need to route the air through the top or cut out the side and route it that way. Would probably be more restrictive than good IMO
Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 387FD51F-9BDD-4CB7-AEA1-849ADFD6AAA8
Thanks for input. Probably leave oe box and just slap hi flow dry filter

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
I have concerns about the drain tube in the AmFib snorkel box. It looks like it would clog REALLY easily and just fill up the airbox with water. What's the ID of the tubing, or would it be easy to swap for something larger?

Sponsored

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S (STOCK) 2014 Jeep JK (NOT STOCK)
Occupation
Wouldn't you like to know.
I swore I was going to keep this JT stock but this is tempting... WAY more install friendly vs the Rugged Ridge JK snorkel.

Commo Guy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Bright White, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Pitch Black
Occupation
Southwestern Bell, US Army Signal Corps
I'm pretty curious as to how this snorkel would pair with a RIPP as well. Love the low profile because it still allows the windshield to be folded down assuming there isn't anything mounted to the hood.

Just not sure if the snorkel is large enough to allow enough airflow as it's flattened and thinned out to barely fit under the hood. Then it would also require some engineering to route the air to the SC from a factory box.

Also, are flat "OEM" style filters even able to handle the added force without getting sucked down and obliterating your SC?

Commo Guy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Bright White, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Pitch Black
Occupation
Southwestern Bell, US Army Signal Corps
So, how much higher is that than the stock intake? The stock intake is pretty high up, it can’t be that much higher. I need to pop the hood on mine, but I thought the stock intake came in through the fender, which is essentially a cold air design. I could be confusing that with last vehicles...
The stock intake box gets its supply from a tube that pulls air from the behind the lower left-most grill slot area that is actually lower than the intake box itself. So there is a definite (I'd guess 8"-12") height gain over stock even with the low profile head.

Plus this snorkel relocates the intake further back where it is both well known and visible to the driver, as well as moving away from that initial dam of water that pushes up against the grill as the Jeep is fording.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The stock intake box gets its supply from a tube that pulls air from the behind the lower left-most grill slot area that is actually lower than the intake box itself. So there is a definite (I'd guess 8"-12") height gain over stock even with the low profile head.

Plus this snorkel relocates the intake further back where it is both well known and visible to the driver, as well as moving away from that initial dam of water that pushes up against the grill as the Jeep is fording.
thank you for that information.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't "low-mount-snorkel" an oxymoron?
Sponsored