First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
Can anyone point me to a detailed dive into the stock suspension on the Rubicon model? What are the pros and cons of the Rubicon suspension package?

I come from a Toyota background and added King Coilovers on the front, upgraded Bilsteins on the rear, and then some "add a leafs" to my Gen 1 Tundra so I can run 33s (LT255/80R17E). Pretty stoked the Gladiator Rubicon already fits 33, but might add 35s when I get tired of the OEM tires.

How will the stock suspension compare to something like my King Coilovers? Any issues with the OEM rear sagging with a load?

New to jeeps, and just wading my way through the research phase. Thanks!
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The stock suspension isn’t going to be anywhere near King coilovers on a Toyota, but the trade off is fitting 35s on stock suspension. You can upgrade to adjustable King shocks if you find it necessary. It shouldn’t sag any more than any other 1/2-ton pickup with a load in the bed. Rubicon gets you electronic sway bar disconnects, and lockers front and rear, so it will go lots of places a stock Toyota wouldn’t.

OP
OP
AKID_RBM

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
The OEM Rubicon Fox shocks, any details on these? Can they be tuned for better performance? Or, is it better to just replace / upgrade? I'm thinking I'll be fine with 33s the more I think about it, just want as good a ride as possible on and off road. Thanks!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The OEM Rubicon Fox shocks, any details on these? Can they be tuned for better performance? Or, is it better to just replace / upgrade? I'm thinking I'll be fine with 33s the more I think about it, just want as good a ride as possible on and off road. Thanks!
OEM FOX shocks are not adjustable. As to upgrade, if you are going to stick to 33's which come standard on the Rubicon, I would suggest just sticking with the OEM FOX shocks as they really are what was tuned to vehicle when designed for both on and off road.

If you find yourself doing more off road, I think the Falcon SP2 2.1 Monotube Shocks are a decent upgrade if staying stock in other areas of the suspension.
Sponsored