Sponsored

Slicksickle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I disagree. That is perfectly legitimate. The padded case takes up bed space and doesn't prevent them from moving around. Might protect them a bit, but I think it's pretty obvious that's not a perfect solution. One of the main reasons I went soft top.
Really? It takes a minute to ratchet strap the padded storage case to the tie down points in the bed. No one with a truck, a Jeep, or a Jeep truck has multiple of these things laying around?
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Thought it was decent, bothers me they don't seem to know about the amount of options these can come with. The initial review the TFL offroad guy did was frustrating where he was claiming optional things as standard parts of the trim.

Completely agree with Tommy though, the seat needs to be slightly more adjustable. If it could go back a little farther and down a little more it would be perfect. Its better than the JKs, but there are small cars with better adjustments in the seats.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m used to select the info I want from TFL... I don’t really care about their opinion and for me it’s only another source of information that I adapts with what I already know. When they say that "Fox shocks are stock on Jeep Gladiator", I’m hearing and translating «stock Rubicon»...

And about the freedom top panel storage I was laughing imagining him trying to put the the 2 panels AND the 4 doors behind the back seat!!! :CWL:

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
All true except the seat issue? push the steering wheel back a bit- I am 6'5 and 290lbs, and I have no issue with the driving comfort. Maybe towing in Colorado which has no level topography is not a "real world" for most people or towing.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Maybe towing in Colorado which has no level topography is not a "real world" for most people or towing
True ... but it is a good extreme test! :)

Sponsored

CarajoCoño

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
Thought it was decent, bothers me they don't seem to know about the amount of options these can come with. The initial review the TFL offroad guy did was frustrating where he was claiming optional things as standard parts of the trim.

Completely agree with Tommy though, the seat needs to be slightly more adjustable. If it could go back a little farther and down a little more it would be perfect. Its better than the JKs, but there are small cars with better adjustments in the seats.
I mean, he didn't adjust the other handle. It slides back and the other handle gives a little extra room if you crank up on it...

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
l
I mean, he didn't adjust the other handle. It slides back and the other handle gives a little extra room if you crank up on it...
It does, but being 6'3 I find my head a little higher than I would like it even adjusting it. Legroom is decent, but I have had better on cars that cost a lot less than this.

I do think given how uniformed they seem to be on that JT that he might not have noticed all the adjustment options.

CarajoCoño

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
l

It does, but being 6'3 I find my head a little higher than I would like it even adjusting it. Legroom is decent, but I have had better on cars that cost a lot less than this.

I do think given how uniformed they seem to be on that JT that he might not have noticed all the adjustment options.
I'm only 5' 9 so it's not an issue for me. I think in his review he said he was 6ft, I feel like that adjustment would help maybe ‍♂.. again, that's tall-people problems .. I'm more concerned about crawling into a lifted Jeep

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I'm only 5' 9 so it's not an issue for me. I think in his review he said he was 6ft, I feel like that adjustment would help maybe ‍♂.. again, that's tall-people problems .. I'm more concerned about crawling into a lifted Jeep
Yep tall people problems, bought my last 3 cars without a test drive. Just a sit to make sure the seats did what I needed them to. Have had other cars fail that test before.

Still was happy with the JT but left an inch or to to be desired.....

CarajoCoño

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
Yep tall people problems, bought my last 3 cars without a test drive. Just a sit to make sure the seats did what I needed them to. Have had other cars fail that test before.

Still was happy with the JT but left an inch or to to be desired.....
That's what she said

Sponsored

Tacobuster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2020 LT1 Camaro
l

Ok, im 6'1" i ride with the seat fully back, reclined into a gangsta lean to miss the overhead bar and canted into the middle and the rearview mirror takes up 60% of the windshields view. Oh and the rollup windows constantly give my patella a noogie.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I can't quite determine why, but I really don't like Roman and Tommy isn't growing on me either. I never really get much out of their videos and tend to block and avoid them. Glad to see I'm not alone in this, though that's moot... whatever floats your boat.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I disagree. That is perfectly legitimate. The padded case takes up bed space and doesn't prevent them from moving around. Might protect them a bit, but I think it's pretty obvious that's not a perfect solution. One of the main reasons I went soft top.
I have both the hardtop and soft top. I am running the soft top now and I like it a lot !

Regarding storing the freedom panels, I found an easy solution - without having to strap it down...
1. Put a nice wide strap across the trail trails approx. near the middle of the bed, and leave it there. It should be loose, maybe, pushing with one finger, the strap touches the bottom of the bed.
2. Put the freedom panels in the bag
3. Put the freedom panel bag in the bed with the top of the bag against the front of the bed.
4. Rest the back of the freedom panels bag on the strap so that it is on an incline, but, not that high, ie. 3 or 4 inches or so.
5. The strap will be holding the back end of the freedom panel bag up in the air. This will keep it from moving backwards or sideways. Play with the tension of the strap to get the optimal height for the back of the freedom panel back.

Once the strap is adjusted correctly, you just have to drop the bag in there.

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I thought it was pretty accurate - I can't blame them for omitting the panel storage bag - I forgot about mine for 3 months, before I started using it!

I also thought it odd that they complained about the panel behind the rear door. I guess that's just an opinion - I put a sticker there!

They summed it up pretty well - A Wrangler with a bed. That's why I bought it!

-Erik

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
i had no idea about these guys. maybe i'll check out some of their other videos.
Sponsored