Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
So today I was using my ACC speed control and when a car got close enough look what showed up in my display.......a Jeep
Jeep Gladiator ACC Easter Egg Discovered in Mojave Gladiator 486E0092-D0E2-4FAF-B2BC-D9A291B269DA_1_201_a
That is kinda cool. ACC is still the worst though lol

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
My major complaint with ACC is that it doesn't understand how to do anything subtly.

Car gets in front of you? OMG BRAKES BRAKES BRAKES WE'RE GONNA HIT THAT CAR AND DIE IN A FIRE BALL
Care gets out from in front of you? OMG I'M FREEEEEEEE! GAS GAS GAS GO GO GO GO GO NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!

I routinely find myself overriding the ACC just because here in the north east, we don't have a concept of safe following distances and people will just cut in front of you if you leave the smallest gap.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
My Acura MDX is the same way with the brakes, way over reacts most of the time and annoys people behind you.

Ozarkgolfer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland/BMW X2
Occupation
International Logistics
I had ACC in a Mazda CX5. It was reasonably subtle but IMHO it is not a technology that can replace my feet. If you want to Granny your way down the highway at the whim of the person in front, I guess it's okay. Much prefer to set my own speed and adjust accordingly with regular cruise control.

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Wow, I just realized that my wife is an ACC!

That is exactly how she drives...

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My major complaint with ACC is that it doesn't understand how to do anything subtly.

Car gets in front of you? OMG BRAKES BRAKES BRAKES WE'RE GONNA HIT THAT CAR AND DIE IN A FIRE BALL
Care gets out from in front of you? OMG I'M FREEEEEEEE! GAS GAS GAS GO GO GO GO GO NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!

I routinely find myself overriding the ACC just because here in the north east, we don't have a concept of safe following distances and people will just cut in front of you if you leave the smallest gap.
Mine does not react that way. If a car comes in front of me, less than the set distance, but not really close, and the car is matching my speed (or begins to slow) the ACC slows or brakes mildly.
But if the car is accelerating away from me it seems to "know" the danger is reduced, and it does not brake.
Sponsored