Sponsored

Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Got mine installed today and they are well worth the $700. The fit and finish is excellent and the heft of these is undeniable. 3/16 and 1/4" steel mounting brackets with 3 body mount bolts, 4 tub bolts, 8 pinch weld bolts per side. These things are going no where. Removing the factory body mount bolts was easier than I figured it would be with horror stories of broken bolts. I used a 1/2" breaker bar with slow and steady pressure and had no problems other than the occasional loud SQUEEK from metal on metal as the factory bolt loosened. All came out pretty easy. The manufacturer install video on youtube is spot on. I watched it several times before I did the install and it went just as shown and expected. I did have to use a step drill on several of the pinch weld holes to get them to align. I touched up the raw metal with Rustoleum primer enamel to prevent ant corrosion down the road. The primer isnt visible once the rail is installed. Glad I changed my mind and went with the angled version. They work perfectly as a nice step into and out of the jeep. The wife even heartily approved.

My only question was why the kit came with 2 additional body mount bolts and washers? The JT has 3 per side, same as the JLU yet the packing list shows a total of 8 bolts and washers included. Weird. Sometimes a vendor will throw in a extra nut or screw in case one gets lost but these bolts are like 4" long and 1/2" diameter. You would be hard pressed to lose one. <shrug>.

Pics to follow

C331A294-6381-4D8E-9355-503F39D39E65.jpeg

0C1500B2-C739-4930-A0BB-69E45A69ED2A.jpeg

88FB6290-CF50-4F96-87C0-8F4E238667C0.jpeg

C06847A5-B92E-4E46-B15C-A4B565D4E1B9.jpeg

0E8C3316-F932-4A41-B185-0471863726A2.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
NICE! Does your wife use them as a step to enter/exit? How does that work for her?

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
I'm convinced that RH4x4 sliders are my next purchase. Can I ask why you went with the angled down version? Is it primarily for side step reasons? Out here in CO I just imagine myself dragging these on everything vs the angled up version. From the website pics it appears that the angled up version still provides some sort of step/standing platform.

Thanks for your input and pics!

John

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Those look great. This will make my wait even longer. I ordered the angled up and it is saying 3-4 weeks for delivery. I watched the install video on quadratec and they said the extra bolts were to change out for the factory ones. I took it to mean the factory ones were not long enough to include the mounting bracket and washer.

Sponsored

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed today and they are well worth the $700. The fit and finish is excellent and the heft of these is undeniable. 3/16 and 1/4" steel mounting brackets with 3 body mount bolts, 4 tub bolts, 8 pinch weld bolts per side. These things are going no where. Removing the factory body mount bolts was easier than I figured it would be with horror stories of broken bolts. I used a 1/2" breaker bar with slow and steady pressure and had no problems other than the occasional loud SQUEEK from metal on metal as the factory bolt loosened. All came out pretty easy. The manufacturer install video on youtube is spot on. I watched it several times before I did the install and it went just as shown and expected. I did have to use a step drill on several of the pinch weld holes to get them to align. I touched up the raw metal with Rustoleum primer enamel to prevent ant corrosion down the road. The primer isnt visible once the rail is installed. Glad I changed my mind and went with the angled version. They work perfectly as a nice step into and out of the jeep. The wife even heartily approved.
These look awesome - I ordered some angled down a couple of weeks ago, so they should arrive by mid-October. They're ostensibly a step for my wife, but I also like the look so they serve dual purpose. Are they slippery at all?

What size step drill did you need to use? I don't have one so I'd need to get one. They seem pretty expensive on Amazon (where I buy a lot of stuff) so I'd rather not buy three different sizes if I don't have to.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I went with the angled up ones. I love mine.

I'm convinced that RH4x4 sliders are my next purchase. Can I ask why you went with the angled down version? Is it primarily for side step reasons? Out here in CO I just imagine myself dragging these on everything vs the angled up version. From the website pics it appears that the angled up version still provides some sort of step/standing platform.

John
F998316E-B9EA-4ED9-85ED-9341BBA51287.jpeg

8A766013-5764-4FDB-9B0A-1C0B5E03FB7B.jpeg

B4C36098-AF4E-4B53-93F6-2E6B3D7FBF89.jpeg

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

John
the frame rail is still the lowest part of the Jeep so if anything is going to rub, it’ll be that. Even if these to rub, that’s what they are designed to do. Being full length they don’t have anywhere for something to catch like a simple single step would. They provide about a 3” drop from the door sill level which is perfect to step on and they in the Jeep. Same getting out. Otherwise it was a struggle getting in and out you were sliding on the seat bolster which would eventually wear it out. Either up or down will pride the same“step” area.

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These look awesome - I ordered some angled down a couple of weeks ago, so they should arrive by mid-October. They're ostensibly a step for my wife, but I also like the look so they serve dual purpose. Are they slippery at all?

What size step drill did you need to use? I don't have one so I'd need to get one. They seem pretty expensive on Amazon (where I buy a lot of stuff) so I'd rather not buy three different sizes if I don't have to.
not slippery in rubber soles shoes. Snow and ice could change that but there are lightly textured about the same as factory fender flares.
I bought a step bit at Lowe’s for like $35. As long as it’ll open a hole to 1/2” that’ll be enough.

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Angled up still give a nice step and more clearance for the errant large rock. They also protect better from mall rats who fling their doors open after choosing to park way out in the lot where you thought your Jeep was safe from them.

Rujonesfamily

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scrambler

My only question was why the kit came with 2 additional body mount bolts and washers? The JT has 3 per side, same as the JLU yet the packing list shows a total of 8 bolts and washers included. Weird. Sometimes a vendor will throw in a extra nut or screw in case one gets lost but these bolts are like 4" long and 1/2" diameter. You would be hard pressed to lose one. <shrug>.

Pics to follow

Jeep Gladiator Rock Hard 4x4 Sliders B4C36098-AF4E-4B53-93F6-2E6B3D7FBF89

It looks like a million bucks and I agree with your opinion. My wife liked mine so much, she ordered a set for her JL. It is already in the garage waiting on the jeep to arrive.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Can anyone measure the angled down version. I would like to know roughly how many inches from the entry do I have. My wife needs steps but if she can’t step in these, it kinda defeats the purpose.
Sponsored