First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Okay so I ran across this on mopar parts.com hope this link works.... looks like you can buy just about everything you need to drop in your gladiator a hemi... 5.7 6.4 or supercharged.... has anyone else ran across this????
Is the manual transmission required for kit(it appears to be a manual haven’t clicked on part number yet) kinda excited about this
https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/s...MIhtblraqX7QIVA7SzCh3AqA-HEAQYAiABEgIFYPD_BwE

https://www.allmoparparts.com/docs/68303090AA.pdf
Sponsored

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ
Yea dude have at it lol. Now you just need the new transmission upgraded fuel pump, radiator , pcm, mounts , wiring harnesses.

OP
OP
Wkyfiregladdy

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Yea dude have at it lol. Now you just need the new transmission upgraded fuel pump, radiator , pcm, mounts , wiring harnesses.
Yeah guess you didn’t follow the second link, has a bunch of ad on kits you need... harness, pcm, looks like mounts, no I don’t see a pump or radiator offered but I’m sure there would be an easy way to figure it out.... wouldn’t be my first engine swap...... 👍🏼

OP
OP
Wkyfiregladdy

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Interesting, switching to manual I wonder if towing capacity drops.
Yeah I bet there’s an auto option too I’m sure there’s more stuff available/ info on the other part numbers needed I’m gonna keep searching

Sponsored

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ
Yeah guess you didn’t follow the second link, has a bunch of ad on kits you need... harness, pcm, looks like mounts, no I don’t see a pump or radiator offered but I’m sure there would be an easy way to figure it out.... wouldn’t be my first engine swap...... 👍🏼
One things for sure my man. This thing needs a hemi.

OP
OP
Wkyfiregladdy

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
One things for sure my man. This thing needs a hemi.
I know right? It’s gonna be really easy once the wrangler 392 comes out... I’m sure I wouldn’t be doing it for a few years but it’s already got me thinking about it

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ
I know right? It’s gonna be really easy once the wrangler 392 comes out... I’m sure I wouldn’t be doing it for a few years but it’s already got me thinking about it
If you live in the mountains , and are towing or its on 37-40” tires even with regear the 3.6 is a dog. When you tow you stress the shit out of it too.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I’m sure there are threads on JL hemi swaps out there. The trans is usually an auto, but not the small V6 trans that comes in the JT. From what I’ve gathered, it rarely makes sense to swap out a working engine, unless you’re really into it for the entertainment if burning money. Back in the day, AEV used to sell a JK Hemi DIY kit. That was about 8grand and worked with a (preferably) WK V8 and trans. Same donor would probably still work, but there isn’t a comprehensive JL/JT kit.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Looks so easy. 8.5K for the engine.... with all the other parts you are looking at 15K in parts?

Not questioning pricing for the HEMI swappers at 35K but do you guys think that price will come down with Jeep now offering a better integrated 392 in the wrangler with actual warranty etc. and it's only a matter of time until we get the 392 for the gladiator?

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Looks so easy. 8.5K for the engine.... with all the other parts you are looking at 15K in parts?

Not questioning pricing for the HEMI swappers at 35K but do you guys think that price will come down with Jeep now offering a better integrated 392 in the wrangler with actual warranty etc. and it's only a matter of time until we get the 392 for the gladiator?
Price won't come down much, if at all. It's just a ton of labor into custom parts- hoses, wiring harnesses, mounts, stuff moved... plus the shop needs to make a few bucks.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Price won't come down much, if at all. It's just a ton of labor into custom parts- hoses, wiring harnesses, mounts, stuff moved... plus the shop needs to make a few bucks.
Yeah and they should. The math just gets challenging with a factory hemi offered for less than that 35K plus your trade-in for a JL/JT Rubicons (assuming the JL\JT 392 are 75K). Will see what the future holds :)

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Most (maybe all) of the shops that are doing the Hemi swaps are using kits from another company. I ran across it once, but can’t think of the name.

anyway, that’s why they are maintaining full dash functionality right out of the box

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Most (maybe all) of the shops that are doing the Hemi swaps are using kits from another company. I ran across it once, but can’t think of the name.

anyway, that’s why they are maintaining full dash functionality right out of the box
America's Most Wanted. All is retained except the start/stop.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
America's Most Wanted. All is retained except the start/stop.
That’s it! Not sure of the price between a completely independently sourced project and their kit, but if I were going to DIY it, I’d definitely consider this.
Sponsored