Sponsored

Engine SWAPS Dont VOID WARRANTIES!!!!!

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
If you do a conversion with AMW kit you get a 3/36 from them. If they stereo breaks its molar, if the tranny breaks than AMW pays for it.

Who different ball game now right!!!

READ about my experience in the other thread.

if you are interested, call Rubitrux and press whatever it is for turnkey sales/conversion and ask for Clinton, he is young but I swear one of the brightest in the industry I have ever met and I started messing with v8 Jeeps in 2010
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Smess

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
Pictured JEEPZILLA:

Jeepzilla is a 2018 JL Rubicon heavily loaded with options and had a 4.10 gear from the factory.

Have done this several times so I considered the only 4 places in the US I would allow to do this build.

I chose Rubitrux in North Carlolina. They had a customer that had bought two JL's one black and one white and he put the white on their lot on consignment.

And then the fun begins. AMW 4x4 has a 6.4 semi kit that puts out 505 at the rear tires. and comes with a 3/36 warranty???>

Rubitrux did the install and the nice thing is everything works exactly like the 392 4 door Jeep is building on the assembly line these days.

Wait no I lied, it's not the same. The 2018 has the real 4:1 Rubicon transfer case, the 392 Production has the grocery getter mommy 4x4 transfer case which is not nearly as string as a real Rubicon transfer case.

Jeepzilla has a 2.5 inch AEV lift, Fuel Wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's 37x12.5x20, 3.5 inch exhaust to the tail pipe, Teraflex Falcon steering stabilizer, PSC steering assist, not sure who's trackbar. and every day I learn something net.
Jeepzilla has stock Dana 44's with the original 4.10s and the 8 speed tranny which makes it a blast to drive.

Jeep cost was low 40's, 35k for the conversion with a 3k discount .

When it first arrived in FL the check engine light came on and it seemed according to my old reader to be o2 sensor issue. I called Rubitrux and they called AMW and then AMW called me and asked me what the deal was. I explained and the guy asked if I was pretty handy, I said yes but I just bought this and it has warranty etc and he said two choices, you act as my eyes and hands and I will do the rest. I thought how cool I am talking to one of the engineers that designs these monsters this is going to be very cool.

He Fedex'd me some basic equipment and he asked me to plug it in and then asked me to loosen the ox sensors one by one and we were going to test each one.

We got half way through the second one and I said this is fun but my hands are getting tore up trying to reach between metal parts that are inches apart and each turn of the wrench is not even a half.

He said Mr. Schuble it has been a please but we have reached a point where I feel your experience with amw 4x4 is going to end up with a bad review from you and I am sorry I know you are a busy guy and we want your experience to be a pleasant one. Have a great day and you will hear from us.

Next day I get a call for address verification, I a very close and wanted to make sure you were home. Guy pulls up, it was a Sunday, and he asks for the keys to Jeepzilla and told me to go back to watching football.

Door bell rings again and guy said all done here is my card, my dot numbers, my cell, my ins, as you can see your Jeep is getting a VIP ride as there are no other vehicles on the trailer. In the event you have a tracker I go this route and I stop to see a friend because it's illegal for me to drive straight though. I can assure you that your vehicle is safe and in good hands and if you have any questions, comments, concerns you got my number.

And off he goes.

two days later I get a call that the Jeep is loading and expect it back in your garage tomorrow night.

Next day same truck and trailer arrive and there is Jeepzilla. Truck driver pulled her in the driveway and asked me to sign that I was in receipt of the vehicle. I said thank you and tried ti hand his $100 and he refused it and said very nice of you but not allowed to accept that and after all brand new conversion should not have a check engine light come on after less than a week.

He said in addition I was told to give you this, he handed me a t-shirt and a box. I opened the box to find the following the attached. He said they told him to tell me that box is s important as a single set of keys to your jeep that can never be replaced so dont lose it.

Rubitrux does excellent work and are one of 3 in the US I would allow to do a conversion.

The other two are AMW themselves, and Dakota Customs. There is one in Arizona I won't mention because I have had no dealings with them.

Funny thing is 3/36 on this and when I am done they said they would recommend the 426 package so I would remain under warranty.

SO THE GUYS THAT POST AND SAY YEAH 35K FOR THAN AND THEN AXLES, DRIVE SHAFTS, IS JUST LIKE THE GUY AT DINNER ON SAT NIGHT THAT WENT FERRARI SHOPPING THAT DAY AND HE WAS GOING TO BUY ONE BUT THEY WANTED 25K OVER STICKER. HEY ITS NO BIG DEAL, IF YOU WANT AFFORD IT JUST SAY LITTLE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY BLOOD NOT TELL A BUNCH OF BS INFO SO YOU CAN PRETEND YOU ARE A FAT CAT, JUST REMEMBER THERE IS ALWAYS A BIGGER FISH. BE YOURSELF, ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE, BE HAPPY FOR OTHERS EVEN IF THEY HAVE MORE.

Jeep Gladiator Engine SWAPS Dont VOID WARRANTIES!!!!! IMG_0445

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I tried calling around for 5.7 swaps with a manual transmission. Got a lot of "we don't do that"s and one "it'll cost more than a 392 auto swap".

That's when I partially abandoned my V8 swap dreams. Then the wife got pregnant again and the dreams of a v8 all but disappeared.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
it’s not 100% same functionality as you loose the off road cruise control function or whatever it was called and the thing where you can set a speed. that last one was handy on super steep stuff but you make do without that. it’s been so long I forgot what it’s called

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
that last one was handy on super steep stuff but you make do without that. it’s been so long I forgot what it’s called
Hill Decent Control

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wait no I lied, it's not the same. The 2018 has the real 4:1 Rubicon transfer case, the 392 Production has the grocery getter mommy 4x4 transfer case which is not nearly as string as a real Rubicon transfer case.
How is it stronger? It's a lower ratio, but how is it stronger?
You do realize that the 4xe puts out torque in line with a diesel or hemi and the Sahara version of the 4xe gets the same transfer case you are dissing as a "grocery getter mommy 4x4" transfer case.
(4xe = 375 HP, 470 ft/lb torque - which is higher than a 5.7 hemi if I recall correctly)

So how could that transfer case be a grocery getter mommy transfer case with that type of INSTANT torque and HP being throw at it - keep in mind, that's as soon as you hit the pedal, not after you wind up over 4,000 RPM. it's gear breaking HP and torque.

It's different, but I question your silly comparison.

(Translation - only certain people have a manly-man, a man's man, he-man transfer case, everyone else has a girly-girl Barbie transfer case)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So what you’re saying is engine swaps in fact DO void powertrain warranties, and this particular brand just happens to offer their own warranty instead?
Engine swaps like that can indeed void the original MOPAR warranty for drivetrain.
All a dealer has to do is say "you busted that axle" or "you busted that driveshaft" or "your transmission blew because it's not designed for that sort of HP and torque".

You only get a 3/36 for the drivetrain after a swap.

No one in their right mind would warrant a drivetrain after that sort of swap - except the company DOING the swap in order to get business.
It's not just the swap, it's the fact someone insists they need more power - you don't drive around town at 40 mph and do granny take-offs from a stop light - otherwise why do you believe you need that power.

I wonder who covers the electronics - since you end up replacing a few things integral to the whole system of modules. Is there a blame game played? So the BCM has a problem and won't talk to other modules - MOPAR can say it's due to wiring harness and PCM changes.

When you do such things, you also take on certain risks. You have to know that going in, you cold be on your own as they start blaming each other.
So now you also have more weight and start swapping parts to handle that. You have more stress on the FAD and front axles, it goes on and on.
Yeah, it DOES void warranties depending on where the issue is. This isn't like using an equivalent oil filter or AMSOIL instead of MOPAR oil or an air filter off Amazon or certain other parts. It's a can of worms - and you know this going in so you are ready to be self-insured, so to speak.
Blow out the pinion bearings on my JT, I'm covered under the drivetrain warranty. Blow out the pinion bearings with an engine swap - I'm covered by a 3/36 warranty by that ONE company, I hope.
I wonder - do they cover towing? Would I need to get it back to that shop instead of any MOPAR dealer shop in the country? That's another thing people need to think about - who will repair it? Just that one shop miles away.

Not dissing it, just saying - be ready as it's not all that simple. They may fix it but you gotta pay to trailer it to them.
Sponsored