terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
not today but I finally did get the pic s out of the camera today, close enough?

One of the things I have really enjoyed in my 46? ish years in jeeping is finding something and repurposing it for jeep use. I grabbed a few anti fatigue standing mats when I help inlaws move some stuff, so I have some in my garage now and some went to this bed mat, covered in some left over carpet we used on a barn floor at my youngest's wwedding...

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG
Sponsored

Kirk_Dirksen

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
How is the reception?
...well. Not great lol. But I don’t think I ever used it once before replacing it anyway. To me it was strictly for aesthetics and to use the car wash without having a heart attack because I forgot to take the original one off. In hindsight I might have gone with the 9” or 12”. But again I’m mostly using my phone for streaming music anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Sponsored

2021Gladiator

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Communication
What style did you go with?
Warn Evo 10S, can run it wireless or hard wire. Morris 4x4 Had them on sale Black Friday, ordered at 9am Black Friday, it was on my porch yesterday. Got to get a Winch Shackle instead of the hook. Shows them In stock at 4wp in Norcross.

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Friend of mine likes to work with wood so they made me this

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20201202_162825
Nice, I just cut a 2x6 for this on Monday. I was thinking about staining it blue and putting a logo on it.
So I noticed Jeep expects you to use 2 2x4s for 7". The 2x6 gets you 5.5". My thought was that if I ever really need that plywood setup, I could lay another 2x-something flat, under the 2x6, which would raise it to 7".
Have you put any thought into this?

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Finally finished the suspension/steering upgrade! Metalcloak HD steering kit with adjustable lower control arms and Bilstein B8 5160 reservoir shocks. I already posted about the steering upgrade but had to take off the Rockport steering stabilizer and re-install my Fox through shaft.

20201202_173701.jpg

20201202_173610.jpg

20201202_173556.jpg

20201202_173543.jpg

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Nice, I just cut a 2x6 for this on Monday. I was thinking about staining it blue and putting a logo on it.
So I noticed Jeep expects you to use 2 2x4s for 7". The 2x6 gets you 5.5". My thought was that if I ever really need that plywood setup, I could lay another 2x-something flat, under the 2x6, which would raise it to 7".
I haven’t done my homework yet and haven’t needed a sheet of plywood but if 7” is recommended why not use a 2x8 and run it through the table saw or have the box store do that? Is there an advantage to having 2 each 2x4?

Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I haven’t done my homework yet and haven’t needed a sheet of plywood but if 7” is recommended why not use a 2x8 and run it through the table saw or have the box store do that? Is there an advantage to having 2 each 2x4?
There is one advantage I can think of. If you cut a 2x8 correctly for a snug fit, it is a bit unruly to get in and out, especially if you have tonneau cover tracks in the way. The 2x4s are just easier and lighter to handle.
But yes, you can absolutely do a 2x8 and rip it.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Warn Evo 10S, can run it wireless or hard wire. Morris 4x4 Had them on sale Black Friday, ordered at 9am Black Friday, it was on my porch yesterday. Got to get a Winch Shackle instead of the hook. Shows them In stock at 4wp in Norcross.
Yes I had a smittybilt on my wrangler had the wireless remote, loved it, everyone said warns were best but always thought they were super expensive but ran across the evo edition were pretty reasonable on price might give that a shot

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I doubt Ill ever haul plywood I did it basically as a separator

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
There is one advantage I can think of. If you cut a 2x8 correctly for a snug fit, it is a bit unruly to get in and out, especially if you have tonneau cover tracks in the way. The 2x4s are just easier and lighter to handle.
But yes, you can absolutely do a 2x8 and rip it.
Thanks.