Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

RunTheRace

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.navigators.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military AV8R; Retired Airline A&P; Retired FAA ASI
I've previously reported that my JT Mojave Fox shocks were noisy just prior to the expiration of my B2B 3/36 warranty. Reported it to the Jeep dealer, and after 2 visits they agreed. They ordered me new replacements (took several weeks to receive all shocks/parts). Got them installed last Friday (4/5/24), under warranty, and guess what? No more creaks/squeaks. Happy customer.

I also recently installed a Bulletpoint mount for my iPhone. Looks good, positioned great, charges phone, more happiness. My satisfaction with the '21 Sarge Green JT Mojave remains steady :clap: as I turned 37K on the odometer on the way home from church this past Sunday.
Sponsored

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
On Saturday we Drove 950 miles overnight from SoCal to Oregon to visit wifeā€™s family and camp with my brother. Weā€™ll be here for two weeks and plan on hitting the BOH Offroad trails in Tillamook State forest either tomorrow or Wednesday. Backup plan is for next Monday the 29th.
I was able to get in some fly fishing yesterday and this morning and caught some nice rainbows.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Drummond Island. @Lexicus was along too.

received_402524199401567.jpeg

Screenshot_20240423-080147~2.png

PXL_20240421_004219848.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20240420_153101812.jpg

PXL_20240420_204450170.jpg

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
1400+ miles for the second leg of the 2100 mile trip back from Florida. Back in one piece.

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
Today we went to Tillamook State Forest and drove 2 Badge of Honor trails, Cedar Tree and Firebreak #5.
it was a pretty good day. Good weather, good trails, and good wheeling.

I got both trails with my GoPro but will have to wait until I get back home to download them.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? IMG_0944

This is the giant Cedar tree that is on the trail.

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Today we went to Tillamook State Forest and drove 2 Badge of Honor trails, Cedar Tree and Firebreak #5.
Canā€™t wait to see the video. I used to make that run up the 5 twice a year, but I went an hour north of Seattle. As I get older, that run becomes a little less interesting and more of ā€œcan we just fly next time?ā€ šŸ˜‚

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

I got both trails with my GoPro but will have to wait until I get back home to download them.

IMG_0944.jpeg

This is the giant Cedar tree that is on the trail.
Outstanding. Great view. How was firebreak? Any issues? It was a while ago, but someone once told me it was reasonably hard.

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
Outstanding. Great view. How was firebreak? Any issues? It was a while ago, but someone once told me it was reasonably hard.
Firebreak was really good. Cedar tree is rated as a 4 and Firebreak is rated at 5-7 with the rock gardens and other options giving it the 7. There are 4 manmade rock gardens that I remember with one at each end that serve as a sort of gatekeeper and several during the run. I took all the harder options except for the longest rock garden. The trail runs alongside that one. It has bigger rocks and is about 100 feet long. Since I was by myself I skipped over that one but if I had others with me I might have considered it.
These are both SxS trails so there were a lot of narrow turns and passages between rocks and trees that took careful approach angles and some 3point turning. My wife is my co-pilot and we were constantly pointing out the scars on the trees from vehicles hitting them.
Overall it was a great time. The weather was perfect and we are glad we changed our schedule from doing it next Monday because it will be raining and that place was already slippery enough. I didnā€™t mention the many tree roots on the trail. They are pretty slippery even when dry and they block forward progress more than rocks do.

Last edited:

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
Canā€™t wait to see the video. I used to make that run up the 5 twice a year, but I went an hour north of Seattle. As I get older, that run becomes a little less interesting and more of ā€œcan we just fly next time?ā€ šŸ˜‚
When I donā€™t have to haul camping gear and a motorcycle we like to fly. I put my clothes in the carry on and my fishing gear in the checked bag. Food and whatever else we buy when we get here.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Firebreak was really good. Cedar tree is rated as a 4 and Firebreak is rated at 5-7 with the rock gardens and other options giving it the 7. There are 4 manmade rock gardens that I remember with one at each end that serve as a sort of gatekeeper and several during the run. I took all the harder options except for the longest rock garden. The trail runs alongside that one. It has bigger rocks and is about 100 feet long. Since I was by myself I skipped over that one but if I had others with me I might have considered it.
These are both SxS trails so there were a lot of narrow turns and passages between rocks and trees that took careful approach angles and some 3point turning. My wife is my co-pilot and we were constantly pointing out the scars on the trees from vehicles hitting them.
Overall it was a great time. The weather was perfect and we are glad we changed our schedule from doing it next Monday because it will be raining and that place was already slippery enough. I didnā€™t mention the many tree roots on the trail. They are pretty slippery even when dry and they block forward progress more than rocks do.
Thanks very much for the great review. When i eventually get out there to do those, Iā€™ll know what to expect.

Sponsored

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
Thanks very much for the great review. When i eventually get out there to do those, Iā€™ll know what to expect.
Youā€™ll see a lot more when I make the videos.
Iā€™m learning from producing others how to deal with the boring sections. I used to just speed the whole thing up to get past the boring sections but this time I think Iā€™m going to make two videos. One with sped up sections and another with highlights. There actually werenā€™t many boring sections depending on how you look at it but being there is a lot more entertaining than watching them on video.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Youā€™ll see a lot more when I make the videos.
Iā€™m learning from producing others how to deal with the boring sections. I used to just speed the whole thing up to get past the boring sections but this time I think Iā€™m going to make two videos. One with sped up sections and another with highlights. There actually werenā€™t many boring sections depending on how you look at it but being there is a lot more entertaining than watching them on video.
Iā€™ve got loads of video I assume will never get watched. Iā€™ve never had or taken the time to go through it and learn what it sounds like you have.

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
Iā€™ve got loads of video I assume will never get watched. Iā€™ve never had or taken the time to go through it and learn what it sounds like you have.
I started with dual sport motorcycle videos in the hills by my house and thereā€™s a lot of casual trail sections that can be real boring. I donā€™t think anybody wants to spend 45 minutes or longer watching a video of a dirt road so I sped them up 5x to basically show what type of stuff I was doing. I need to find some good music to add because that helps the overall project.

hereā€™s a sample of a quick throw together.
sped up and sound cut out. I could stand to spend more time on them. These BOH trails are with the time.
https://youtu.be/GTs9wucfhlw?si=T7Rb6Jh_Hr1VRIRA
Sponsored