First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Supervisor
Mainly just venting but can’t find a Mopar lift for my Gladiator. Back ordered for at least 45 days WTF? Any one have a line on any?
Sponsored

JC JT

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Mainly just venting but can’t find a Mopar lift for my Gladiator. Back ordered for at least 45 days WTF? Any one have a line on any?
For the Cost I would buy something different, I had two MOPAR lifts on my LE RUbicon Gladiators
But my New Eco Rubicon I went 3.5 TeraFlex IR full Suspension

OP
OP

Alteredspeed

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Supervisor
But who has an actual diesel specific lift out currently? Not something they sell you a higher lift spring to make up the difference for the weight.

BunkyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021, Sport S, 3.0 Diesel. Sting Gray.
But who has an actual diesel specific lift out currently? Not something they sell you a higher lift spring to make up the difference for the weight.
I have looked extensively and thus far MOPAR is the only one I can find that sells a lift kit specifically engineered just for the Diesel. I am sure there are others and I have reached out to RANCHO to see if they sell a leveling kit that specifically is designed for the Diesel. Still waiting for an answer. Let me know what you find or anyone else reading this thread knows of others. Thank you.

OP
OP

Alteredspeed

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Supervisor
You are correct, Rock Krawler will have one soon, but the Gladiator they were using was in a accident and at the body shop. They told me to call back end of January.

Sponsored

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
This is why I went with coilovers. All 4 corners were dialed in and I didn’t have to worry about the Diesel engine weight or things being in different places on gas vs diesel. Plus there were no diesel specific lift kits available at the time.

Brian

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Even though it goes against everything I believe......I'm planning on installing a small spacer lift with shock extensions until I see a proper spring rate for the diesel equipped trucks.

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
for how much springs cost I would just buy a kit now and add a spacer. In a few months down the road swap just the front springs. Considering its only about 400lbs difference I bet the spring rate is only 50lbs difference. Youll notice a much larger difference with shocks than springs.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Id rather run a spacer on the correct spring rate than deal with body roll and oversteer from a spring that's too soft? Plus the money wasted is much less in the end? Who knows how long the wait will be till the aftermarket catches up.

Kole Miller

First Name
Kole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon jt diesel
Occupation
Dentist
Id rather run a spacer on the correct spring rate than deal with body roll and oversteer from a spring that's too soft? Plus the money wasted is much less in the end? Who knows how long the wait will be till the aftermarket catches up.
I have a 2021 JT GLADIATOR DIESEL RUBICON still with stock suspension and purchased steel bumbers front and rear and obviously stock springs tuned for heavy diesel engine. But added warn zeon winch then rear bed rack and rooftop tent and 37 nitto tires. All extra weight and now the rear is bouncy. Plan on 3 inch lift with adjustable shocks. Obviosly as the weight increases it completly changes the ride. Si i vote for tuned springs but heavier duty to handle weight. And adjustable shocks to match variable weight changes usually adding weight. So it shouldnt be so much a diesel tuned spring so much as tuned springs depending on weight. Would be interested in others thoughts.

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ya, not a "diesel tuned" spring per se, but the diesel equipped jt is 400lb heavier on the front axle than a gasser.

More axle weight requires more spring to support it, more shock damping to control the increase rebound of the heavier spring/compression to resist bottoming and body wobble.

Anything we buy now except for maybe the Mopar kit is just a lift kit to fit bigger tires and won't be right.

JC JT

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Navy
TeraFlex has been in contact with me alot on jow my Jeep is doing with the 3.5 IR Lift
They are ready to release a actual Diesel suspension very soon.
If you like their systems then i would be checking in with them.

I went on a 2K mile trip down to NC Fort Bragg If you know the roads you travel a lot through the mountain range
Not pleasant in a lifted Jeep. With that said the Gladiator did very well. My only concern was my upgraded FOX Shocks 2.0 they seem WAY TO SOFT! I need to get something with more resistance I don't care for the sway and body roll. So I asked Teraflex about this as I am sure they already have heard this. He said their kits are designed around FALCON Shocks and FOX are way to soft.
I learned something each company makes there Springs to work with specific shocks

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
TeraFlex has been in contact with me alot on jow my Jeep is doing with the 3.5 IR Lift
They are ready to release a actual Diesel suspension very soon.
If you like their systems then i would be checking in with them.

I went on a 2K mile trip down to NC Fort Bragg If you know the roads you travel a lot through the mountain range
Not pleasant in a lifted Jeep. With that said the Gladiator did very well. My only concern was my upgraded FOX Shocks 2.0 they seem WAY TO SOFT! I need to get something with more resistance I don't care for the sway and body roll. So I asked Teraflex about this as I am sure they already have heard this. He said their kits are designed around FALCON Shocks and FOX are way to soft.
I learned something each company makes there Springs to work with specific shocks

No company should be making springs to work with shocks, its the other way around. Same as people saying "diesel tuned" springs. Springs aren't tuned. They are made or designed to handle a certain load. As far as a spring is concerned the added 400lbs is actually very minimal. As far as the shock is concerned though, 400lbs is substantial. I would much rather have the springs companies spec for the gas motor, coupled with a shock that's designed for controlling more weight, than the shocks designed for the gas trucks and a spring that's designed for a diesel.

It would be nice if some of these companies said what the spring rates are on their springs cause I would be willing to bet whatever they end up putting in their diesel kits will be just slightly more springs rate and probably even a similar length/amount of coils.

JC JT

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Navy
No company should be making springs to work with shocks, its the other way around. Same as people saying "diesel tuned" springs. Springs aren't tuned. They are made or designed to handle a certain load. As far as a spring is concerned the added 400lbs is actually very minimal. As far as the shock is concerned though, 400lbs is substantial. I would much rather have the springs companies spec for the gas motor, coupled with a shock that's designed for controlling more weight, than the shocks designed for the gas trucks and a spring that's designed for a diesel.

It would be nice if some of these companies said what the spring rates are on their springs cause I would be willing to bet whatever they end up putting in their diesel kits will be just slightly more springs rate and probably even a similar length/amount of coils.
Agree with what you said

ZZE

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017Cherokee , 2021Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Occupation
retired
jeep has one with a separate part number for the diesel. 2 inch. I'm looking for a full skid plate for the diesel. anyone know if someone is making one yet.
Sponsored