Sponsored

What happens after ordered JT arrives at dealer?

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow, Mazdaspeed 3
So I've briefly skimmed through some of the existing threads, but couldn't find much on my question. There is a lot of great information on order tracking and delivery process, but for those who have ordered out of state and especially if you ordered it from Peterson's in Idaho, can anyone tell me how long it takes from when the JT is delivered to the dealer until I can travel to go get it?

I'm in SoCal and I ordered mine from Peterson's in Idaho and it arrived two days ago. Kent was great in getting the finance application to me since we have to finance the purchase for the below invoice pricing, however every time I ask what the process and timeline is for approval and final deal #'s so I can make plans to travel up there it's radio silence. Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I waiting for someone from finance to call or email me? It's making me nervous that I can't get answers. I've left messages with Kent, and the finance department. I know they are probably busy, but I have a small window of time I can fly up there and get it back here before the holidays and I'd love to be able to do that, otherwise I will have to wait till Jan.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So I've briefly skimmed through some of the existing threads, but couldn't find much on my question. There is a lot of great information on order tracking and delivery process, but for those who have ordered out of state and especially if you ordered it from Peterson's in Idaho, can anyone tell me how long it takes from when the JT is delivered to the dealer until I can travel to go get it?

I'm in SoCal and I ordered mine from Peterson's in Idaho and it arrived two days ago. Kent was great in getting the finance application to me since we have to finance the purchase for the below invoice pricing, however every time I ask what the process and timeline is for approval and final deal #'s so I can make plans to travel up there it's radio silence. Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I waiting for someone from finance to call or email me? It's making me nervous that I can't get answers. I've left messages with Kent, and the finance department. I know they are probably busy, but I have a small window of time I can fly up there and get it back here before the holidays and I'd love to be able to do that, otherwise I will have to wait till Jan.
We ordered my wife's Grand Cherokee from Spencer in Spirit Lake, Iowa - a 4 hour drive for us. He told me it was in on a Friday AM, we went the next day to pick it up.

When I ordered my JT from a dealer west of Des Moines, (mistake, should have bought from Spencer but that's another tale) they sent me a pic and said it had arrived early on Tuesday.
I went and picked it up that evening - HOWEVER, I needed to bring it back the next week because the shop they have do the undercoating and other stuff was busy and couldn't do it that day. So I made an appointment and took it back the following week - the shop needed a day to do the other stuff.

We did not have undercoating, etc. done on the GC - it will sit in the garage much of the winter anyway (a max of 500 miles a month even in good weather) but mine will be beat on in all sorts of weather.......

So how long - ask your dealer!! Only they can tell you.
There's plastic and tape to remove, things to put on or in place, and it needs to be taken out of ship mode from what is said - the computer is put into a mode for transport, etc. but that takes moments to do. They need to take the tire pressure down (or SHOULD, seems some dealers don't and you get the thing with grossly over-inflated tires) cleaning and so on.
If you have nothing done but "dealer prep" it won't take even one day.|

Unless you want or need to know the details of exactly WHAT they do, why not ask the dealer "HOW LONG" because only THEY can tell you that - maybe they'll have 6 others to get ready that day and their shop is swamped and busy.
So something that might take 3 hours may not get done depending on their volume and how busy they are.
Some things only the dealer can tell you.
If we say "3 hours" and they can't actually get to it - you'll be upset with the info from the forum and yell at the dealer saying "they told me you should have it ready today.

So - if you want a schedule - ASK THEM
If you want to know exactly what do they do when a vehicle comes in - ask them or forum members but don't rely on us to tell you when to go get your truck.

OP
OP
mtngoat92081

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow, Mazdaspeed 3
We ordered my wife's Grand Cherokee from Spencer in Spirit Lake, Iowa - a 4 hour drive for us. He told me it was in on a Friday AM, we went the next day to pick it up.

When I ordered my JT from a dealer west of Des Moines, (mistake, should have bought from Spencer but that's another tale) they sent me a pic and said it had arrived early on Tuesday.
I went and picked it up that evening - HOWEVER, I needed to bring it back the next week because the shop they have do the undercoating and other stuff was busy and couldn't do it that day. So I made an appointment and took it back the following week - the shop needed a day to do the other stuff.

We did not have undercoating, etc. done on the GC - it will sit in the garage much of the winter anyway (a max of 500 miles a month even in good weather) but mine will be beat on in all sorts of weather.......

So how long - ask your dealer!! Only they can tell you.
There's plastic and tape to remove, things to put on or in place, and it needs to be taken out of ship mode from what is said - the computer is put into a mode for transport, etc. but that takes moments to do. They need to take the tire pressure down (or SHOULD, seems some dealers don't and you get the thing with grossly over-inflated tires) cleaning and so on.
If you have nothing done but "dealer prep" it won't take even one day.|

Unless you want or need to know the details of exactly WHAT they do, why not ask the dealer "HOW LONG" because only THEY can tell you that - maybe they'll have 6 others to get ready that day and their shop is swamped and busy.
So something that might take 3 hours may not get done depending on their volume and how busy they are.
Some things only the dealer can tell you.
If we say "3 hours" and they can't actually get to it - you'll be upset with the info from the forum and yell at the dealer saying "they told me you should have it ready today.

So - if you want a schedule - ASK THEM
If you want to know exactly what do they do when a vehicle comes in - ask them or forum members but don't rely on us to tell you when to go get your truck.

Thanks Shadowspapa, I thought I was more clear in my original post, but maybe it wasn't. I have IM'd, emailed, and left a phone message for my salesman and left a phone message for finance dept twice in last two days two ask these questions. No one has gotten back to me. I'm about 900 miles away so this is the only means by which I can get info. In the excitement of ordering and anticipating, I guess it didn't cross my mind that the process for delivery for out of state buyers wasn't laid out. Now with limited time I'm trying desperately to get this info and thought asking here might catch the attention of other out of state buyers using Petersons Stampede. I know many here have purchased from them.

Thanks for sharing your experience, though it's not the same dealer, I appreciate the input!

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave

I'm in WA, bought a Gladiator in Idaho (the other dealer). I drove a rental to Idaho the day after they received it and picked it up. It was that easy, nothing complicated. They said it came in, I said I'll be there tomorrow. 7-8 hr drive.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Perhaps they've met their December quota and want to deliver yours in January.
Sponsored