First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
I wish Tazer could figure out a way to make one on the Aux buttons do a window all down on first press then all up on second press. Seems a Software option could be doable since the whole truck is electronic any way. That way momentary half roll up or down would still be easy using the switches.
Sponsored

Reactions: DHP

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
This is pretty cool, but I was hoping to have the functionality right on the window buttons in the center console. I have seen there is a mod for that and I don't think it's cheap. But this is a great alternative. My Acuras always did the up/down from key fob and living in FL I used the feature a lot during the hot months.
This works with the center console buttons or the remote.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Are you able to still hold down the center console button for say 2 seconds to roll the window half way then release the switch without it going all the way? That would be my only issue. It says in the instructions that a press of .5 seconds will cause auto roll up or down. Sometimes I only want to go half way. Will I now have to start the process then monitor it and press the button again or the opposite way to stop the window half way or can I still hold it and release when I want the window to stop?

That was my reasoning for putting the full auto up or down to the aux buttons to leave the momentary functionality of the current window switches intact.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
This works with the center console buttons or the remote.
Damn I should have watched the video the OP put up! I have ordered mine lol because this is as awesome as I originally thought!

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Are you able to still hold down the center console button for say 2 seconds to roll the window half way then release the switch without it going all the way? That would be my only issue. It says in the instructions that a press of .5 seconds will cause auto roll up or down. Sometimes I only want to go half way. Will I now have to start the process then monitor it and press the button again or the opposite way to stop the window half way or can I still hold it and release when I want the window to stop?

That was my reasoning for putting the full auto up or down to the aux buttons to leave the momentary functionality of the current window switches intact.
If you press it for .5 of a second makes it go auto up any longer than that and it’s manual like normal.

Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Well they are now all gone.
Backorder is available.
I chatted with seller that he should get some more made soon, cause there are a lot of sales to be made.

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Well, we will see how many install related horror stories.... or posts documenting shortcomings.. posts where a guy kills his dog, breaks his little kid;'s arm, with the auto up, warranty denials, etc...

May be guys/gals would say no way to this after reading those.... so sales of the offering may fall off...

Reality is, guys here, that were early adopters of this offering, may kick themselves in the ass, so to speak, for laying out the $ for this offering... time will tell... OR they may be left with a big smile on their face..
🙄 there’s always one.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Usually electrical things that move on their own have some sort of amperage stop. When something gets in the way they electric motor would need to draw more amps to keep going. When that amperage reaches a certain point it’s turned off. I have no idea if the JT’s windows have this or not but probably pretty easy to test out.

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Usually electrical things that move on their own have some sort of amperage stop. When something gets in the way they electric motor would need to draw more amps to keep going. When that amperage reaches a certain point it’s turned off. I have no idea if the JT’s windows have this or not but probably pretty easy to test out.
I tried it with a towel by holding down the button manually and not letting go and there is no stopping. The same goes for the auto up with this module, no stopping regardless of what is there.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Well, we will see how many install related horror stories.... or posts documenting shortcomings.. posts where a guy kills his dog, breaks his little kid;'s arm, with the auto up, warranty denials, etc...

May be guys/gals would say no way to this after reading those.... so sales of the offering may fall off...

Reality is, guys here, that were early adopters of this offering, may kick themselves in the ass, so to speak, for laying out the $ for this offering... time will tell... OR they may be left with a big smile on their face..
People like you are the reason we have warning labels on potato chip bags.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
I tried it with a towel by holding down the button manually and not letting go and there is no stopping. The same goes for the auto up with this module, no stopping regardless of what is there.
Pretty sure the factory auto-up windows in my Ram don't have any safety feature either. At least, my front passenger side window didn't stop as it crushed 2 fishing rods.

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Pretty sure the factory auto-up windows in my Ram don't have any safety feature either. At least, my front passenger side window didn't stop as it crushed 2 fishing rods.
My old X5 has a sensor but it takes a lot for it to kick in, a LOT. Lol
Sponsored