First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
AMP power steps on a 2020 JT. the install instructions are terrible. the steps sinc when i installed the fuse but would not go to stow position . ive checked the wiring several times, everything seems to be right, they just dont work you can hear them try but thats it
this was my first mod and it was a nightmare to install. Wiring management was crap and getting it all installed took a whole weekend. However they work great now and haven’t had any issues.
Sponsored

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Currently, just the ACE bed extender. It's a great product, quality made, and not knocking it, but it comes down to how I have my bed setup with molle panels and attached gear, as well as the bed cover I had chosen prior to adding the extender. They just don't mesh together because of too many things taking up overlapping space. Otherwise I'd recommend it, and someone in the CO area might be able to pick mine up soon on the marketplace.
I only did the molle panel under the rear window. I use the Ace extender all the time, more actively then the molle panel which just stores my jack.

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regret the nerf side steps, they got hung up first time off road, and the ends are open so they fill with mud.. replaced with Ace

Magnaflow exhaust, there was no improvement in sound, or it was a minor change. Replaced with Ace exhaust, I will put that up against any other exhaust for how good it sounds.

Mopar soft Tri fold cover. Replaced with an Aramis hard cover. I really like how it can mount upright for larger items.

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Check out the one from Ace Engineering.
I just bought my 3rd AMP Research Bed Extender and hope to be happy with it. It looks similar to the ones I put on previous trucks. "Thin and flimsy" you say? I say lightweight, but sturdy. Hardware fits exactly as intended. Finish is excellent. Made in Cali. Tubular construction. Will fit my needs well.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
closest thing I can think of is my AEV wheels. Love the look, love the color, love the offset and the no poke...but the Icons could have cleared a drag link flip had I opted to do so.

May not be an issue; depends if i decide to actually drag link flip or not.

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just bought my 3rd AMP Research Bed Extender and hope to be happy with it. It looks similar to the ones I put on previous trucks. "Thin and flimsy" you say? I say lightweight, but sturdy. Hardware fits exactly as intended. Finish is excellent. Made in Cali. Tubular construction. Will fit my needs well.
When you buy something you have to feel good about it... Especially if this is the third one...

I ratchet my stuff down within my extender because it is strong, lightweight and sturdy. I’ve seen both in person, not sure if you have and missed adding that to your comment. If you ever run into me, feel free to check out what I mean when you compare. Good luck with it.

Not sure why made in California has anything to do with my statement when Ace is here in Michigan, but ok...

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
When you buy something you have to feel good about it... Especially if this is the third one...

I ratchet my stuff down within my extender because it is strong, lightweight and sturdy. I’ve seen both in person, not sure if you have and missed adding that to your comment. If you ever run into me, feel free to check out what I mean when you compare. Good luck with it.

Not sure why made in California has anything to do with my statement when Ace is here in Michigan, but ok...
It all comes down to your expectations and intended usage. I have seen the ACE and it is a beast! However, I have no need for such a heavy duty thing. That does not make the AMP and less useful or well made.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Molle panel for the truck bed side. Just doesn't really work well there, doesn't have room for larger bags, and the largest space also would cover the bed lights. Total waste.

Sponsored

Strider62

First Name
C.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5; Gladiator Overland
Is there any use for a GMRS outside of closed events like Jeep clubs? Are GMRS radios being used by the general public like CB?
Yes, GMRS is completely open to the public just like CB and FRS. You are supposed to pay for a license (good for 10 years) and be issued a call sign - the license and call sign are good for your "entire family"... Range is better than CB (or FRS).

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Regret the nerf side steps, they got hung up first time off road, and the ends are open so they fill with mud.. replaced with Ace

Magnaflow exhaust, there was no improvement in sound, or it was a minor change. Replaced with Ace exhaust, I will put that up against any other exhaust for how good it sounds.

Mopar soft Tri fold cover. Replaced with an Aramis hard cover. I really like how it can mount upright for larger items.
Funny thing you mention this...
I was looking for a hard cover. The local dealer had the hard tri-fold cover. Of course, it was more $$, but they warned me away from it. Said the owner had one, and it kept breaking the snaps. They recommended the soft tri-fold Mopar. I bought it right before my trip to Oregon (like 3 hours before I left), and it went through 2 blizzards, wind gusts of 65mph...it's been great! Truckbed remained dry.

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
this was my first mod and it was a nightmare to install. Wiring management was crap and getting it all installed took a whole weekend. However they work great now and haven’t had any issues.
I'm looking at side steps/rail for my ride as the next upgrade. I'm looking actually at the mopar one. But I liked the step retraction option on some brands. What was the issue with yours specifically? Would you avoid totally again?

dean*1

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator eco diesel
Occupation
Overland recreation
Mopar all weather floor mats, with drian hole. I didnt do the research and i dont like that you have to cut hole in carpet to install them, if you dont they dont fit rite, and dealership wont take them back

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Mopar all weather floor mats, with drian hole. I didnt do the research and i dont like that you have to cut hole in carpet to install them, if you dont they dont fit rite, and dealership wont take them back
The hole in the carpet is already pre-punched anyway, so what’s the big deal?

Kevin
Sponsored