First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Could someone please clarify if most components are the same as the JT gas. Looking for adjustable track bar and everything I see says they won’t work on the diesel?

EcoDiezLN

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Wurkin
Could someone please clarify if most components are the same as the JT gas. Looking for adjustable track bar and everything I see says they won’t work on the diesel?
As far as I know most suspension parts aside from some piggyback shocks are compatible

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
My Clayton ride rite suspension fit with a couple exceptions.... I ordered a 2.5" lift and they sent 3.5" front springs to account for the weight of the eco and I had to cut the passenger frame side upper control arm bolt to get it out. I bought another bolt and put it back in from the other side. Both front and rear trackbars fit without issue. I can even get my 37" bfg ko2 spare to fit under the bed with the clayton rear trackbar.

EcoDiezLN

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Wurkin
My Clayton ride rite suspension fit with a couple exceptions.... I ordered a 2.5" lift and they sent 3.5" front springs to account for the weight of the eco and I had to cut the passenger frame side upper control arm bolt to get it out. I bought another bolt and put it back in from the other side. Both front and rear trackbars fit without issue. I can even get my 37" bfg ko2 spare to fit under the bed with the clayton rear trackbar.
I just ordered the 3.5 game changer w 2.5 fox elites going with 37” STT prosI guess we will see how it goes.. I figure I will just get it installed and make adjustments from there and at least I have some DSC adjustments to dial in the ride!!
I see skyjacker has 3.5” front springs they say are for a JT diesel I wonder if they would work??? I never used skyjacker products but springs seem pretty simple

Sponsored

Woolf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptors
From what I can tell so far, the biggest concern is if you want to go to a triangulated 4 link like the Rock Krawler setup, you will need to move the DEF tank. Other than that, their is an obvious difference in weight. I'm not sure it is enough for most of the companies to make any substantial changes in the setups. Maybe as time moves on their will be some different shocks or springs but volume will dictate that. I am going with the Clayton 3.5" Overland Plus with a spacer if needed.

EcoDiezLN

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Wurkin
But who has an actual diesel specific lift out currently? Not something they sell you a higher lift spring to make up the difference for the weight.
I seen that skyjacker has a diesel lift, I’m not familiar with them but they do sell the springs separately I’m thinking of trying out their front springs when I get my metal cloak kit in...

aztec1382

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
Occupation
finance
That’s a great question. So I had the 20 jt gas and had king coils and it was 400/350 as I was pretty heavy up front with grumper and such. This round I had king weigh each corner with everything on it and it ended up being 400 top over 500 bottom. Its just perfect.

1C2BD30B-0329-4B00-B8BA-753960F912E9.jpeg

085397F5-71C3-419B-84CF-0ED416D1AF5A.jpeg

I should have just gone directly to king as well.

ordered the diesel lift in october from rebel. Did not arrive until january
Installed and the shocks are way to soft for the diesel
250 upper/300 lower
Had to crank down the preload a bunch and it still sits in the bump stops.

contacted rebel and they seem to know there was an issue, but never attempted to call and let me know.
Now waiting for correct springs for a month with no luck.
Truck is parked since not drive able.

Really disappointed, going to have to just eat the cost and tow it to king.

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
I should have just gone directly to king as well.

ordered the diesel lift in october from rebel. Did not arrive until january
Installed and the shocks are way to soft for the diesel
250 upper/300 lower
Had to crank down the preload a bunch and it still sits in the bump stops.

contacted rebel and they seem to know there was an issue, but never attempted to call and let me know.
Now waiting for correct springs for a month with no luck.
Truck is parked since not drive able.

Really disappointed, going to have to just eat the cost and tow it to king.
Oh man I am sorry. Well, I can say that Rebel def learned alot with my build and I know they will do the right thing. The biggest issue is because of Covid there is no stock. Like...none. Eibach makes the king shocks. Try contacting them direct. They would be red and not the king blue.

aztec1382

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
Occupation
finance
Oh man I am sorry. Well, I can say that Rebel def learned alot with my build and I know they will do the right thing. The biggest issue is because of Covid there is no stock. Like...none. Eibach makes the king shocks. Try contacting them direct. They would be red and not the king blue.
Thanks man
I called your contact at king
Hes getting me the parts i need

out of curiosity
When did you get your diesel delivered from the factory.

Sponsored

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man
I called your contact at king
Hes getting me the parts i need

out of curiosity
When did you get your diesel delivered from the factory.
Early Oct. Ordered July 2021. You?

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
Looking at your lift as well Pizziola, very nice. I'm out in CO, so I don't have the option of going straight to king. Did you go to Rebel, or did you piece it out from different vendors?

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at your lift as well Pizziola, very nice. I'm out in CO, so I don't have the option of going straight to king. Did you go to Rebel, or did you piece it out from different vendors?
I had the actual lift work done at Rebel. We just worked closely with King during the lift install since we were all learning about the Diesel and its differences in weights etc. They made some adjustments to the kit for Diesel and have a few installed now at their shop and I know @aztec1382 did not have the best experience, I am confident to recommend the lifts to have installed by yourself or a 3rd party. Just make sure you are clear on what you are adding to the front now and maybe down the road and the amount of lift you want etc out of the gate. It will help determine the spring size.

roamingbombero

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
anyone have an update on lifts? rubicon is expected to arrive at my dealer within the next week or two. I'm ready to start on the initial mods right away but im still trying to figure out what companies im going to go with. Teraflex is what id like to do. 3.5" lift, speedbump kit, alpine IR arms, etc.... apparently my dealer said they wont be able to do the 3.5" lift with 40" coopers because it wont pass "the highway safety test". Going to talk to teraflex tomorrow to see if their 3.5" kit would have any issues with my diesel. Anyone have any updated information? thanks
Sponsored