Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I have a Sport S and ordered the grille from AllMoparParts. I’m not sure either grille includes the mesh inserts. But maybe the second one includes the plastic inserts? When I ordered my grille, it did not come with the trim rings, and Sport/Sport S models do not include that. Additionally the grille mesh on a Sport S won’t work on these grilles, and had to order the mesh as well. I ordered the first one and the trim kit for the outside of the grille as well.

FEC2D9E6-33D4-4A68-83AB-10858A00EE87.jpeg

93D8484B-DB32-4D52-849D-8466AC7BF09C.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Meh. 3 cans of matte PlastiDip includes the grill, inserts, clips, and mesh. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Meh. 3 cans of matte PlastiDip includes the grill, inserts, clips, and mesh. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I did the plasti dip route initially, but I didn’t find it to be all that durable. My biggest issue was it was nearly impossible to clean it after taking it off-road. No matter how hard I washed it, it always looked brown-ish black.

Jeep Gladiator Difference in grille?? 1E3D55B2-011F-41EF-B4BA-257A16A3607E

D276E214-553A-4263-84F6-854ECE1C2DCA.jpeg

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sport S and ordered the grille from AllMoparParts. I’m not sure either grille includes the mesh inserts. But maybe the second one includes the plastic inserts? When I ordered my grille, it did not come with the trim rings, and Sport/Sport S models do not include that. Additionally the grille mesh on a Sport S won’t work on these grilles, and had to order the mesh as well. I ordered the first one and the trim kit for the outside of the grille as well.

Jeep Gladiator Difference in grille?? D276E214-553A-4263-84F6-854ECE1C2DCA

Jeep Gladiator Difference in grille?? D276E214-553A-4263-84F6-854ECE1C2DCA
This Grill Without the trim rings should allow more air for the Diesel!

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
So the third option grill, the sport one that is 1 piece comes Primed not painted. Can we get away without painting it and just installing as is?

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
So the third option grill, the sport one that is 1 piece comes Primed not painted. Can we get away without painting it and just installing as is?
Well I don think the plastic will hold up well against the elements also where the hood line meets may look a bit funny because the molding is supposed to be painted to match.

To clarify this is the grille your talking about correct ?
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/68457083aa.html

- Benny

jumpg8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Occupation
IT
For further clarification, if you have a Sport or Sport S, your grille and the trim are all one piece so you have to order the trim kit as well!
Rubicons and others, you can take the trim off and put it on the grille replacement. I would recommend taking your grille off to see the trim is removable for any model just to be sure.
Here is the trim kit in black, as @The Bean showed in their Red Gladdy pics above.
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/jlgrillemolding.html
I want a little different look and have my trim match the body color so I found this youtube video where RobMotiveJT had them color matched and installs them on the replacement grille.

He says in the comments the color matching (using the paint code from your vehicle door info sheet) can cost from $150-$225 for a dealer to do. I am thinking about doing it myself or exploring cheaper options. I will post pictures when I actually get this completed.

Last edited:

Readyt

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rimtyme.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Franchise Business Consultant
3 piece Grill vs 1 piece. Overland, Mojave and Rubicon have three piece grill. I had to disassemble mine to have the inner grill removed and taken to get painted red. The inner grill is one piece and includes the headlight rings.
Sponsored