StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Installed a Forward Trail Cam

I was afraid the the BOLT Hood Lock would get in the way but the camera fit perfectly.

IMG_8737.jpg

IMG_8739.jpg

IMG_8740.jpg
Question. Do you have to take the grill off to install? The reason I ask, my winch is fits really tight in my bumper and it sits right up against it the lower grill. It’s stopping me from installing prerunner lights. I don’t want to deal with it.
Thanks!
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Question. Do you have to take the grill off to install? The reason I ask, my winch is fits really tight in my bumper and it sits right up against it the lower grill. It’s stopping me from installing prerunner lights. I don’t want to deal with it.
Thanks!
Pop the top pins and you can kinda just hinge the grill forward and get access to the back of it.

Sponsored

Artagan

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Fraud Investigation
Just took her home Friday and was blessed with a 70 degree day so first thing I did was take the doors off. First time jeeper here and that was a LOT easier than I expected.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20210411_114922_548

Strider62

First Name
C.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5; Gladiator Overland
Catching up on a few installs...

Took the truck to Crutchfield last month and upgraded my stereo:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D50A1662-E157-4AB6-A0FD-31FD0427D17C
The Rockford Fosgate marine-grade amp went under the passenger seat
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] F5B79A1F-06EC-4A39-A5C2-ED59CE62E752

and the digital controller went inside the dash on the right side of the glove box. Polk speakers in the dash, kneewall and roll bar. Sound is much better...but still really needs a sub...

While Crutchfield was in there doing that, I had them stick my Midland GMRS radio inside the dash and wire it directly to power. That’s it zip-tied to the cage.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9A81D111-88DD-4AEE-97E8-1D0247D2C158

While the mic cord would reach to the driver’s position, it was a stretch (so to speak), so I ran a 3’ extension cable from the radio jack, along behind the center console’s plastic skirt to a convenient spot in the void between the pax seat and the center hump. Plugged a nice, heavy-duty metal jack on the end of the extension cable, and plugged my mic into that.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 249B871B-0B5B-4C02-A312-C9D1FF3F96E2

Now it’s an easy reach to anywhere in the cabin for the mic cord, even into the back seat. The jack is “free-floating” but wedged in snugly. I may mount it permanenty at some point, but for the time being I like having it remain unfixed.

GMRS is out of sight/out of mind, and I get my dash 12v socket back. If I unplug the mic and stow it in the center console nobody would even know I have a radio (since the ghost antenna is hidden under the soft top, on top of the roll bar).

I had been ready to install my ARB compressor under the pax seat, but obviously couldn’t do that anymore, so bought the 813 Fabrications underhood mount. Ran the isolation switch to one of my aux switches via my Badgeglow Aux board. (Zip tied all the air lockers wiring harness to the side in case I decide to get them someday) Talk about an easy install! Wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am, DONE!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 6CF05C8D-5108-45A5-8CFB-518BC2DB7312
Bonus that it’s - knock on wood - certainly never going to get immersed (if it does, the compressor is the least of my worries!). It’s also fully protected from the elements (or somebody’s spilled Slushie), completely invisible unless you open the hood, as easy to get to as it could possibly be, I can service it or remove it without having to pull off a fender or work under or behind a seat, you can sit in the cabin while it’s running and not have to wish you had earplugs, and it doesn’t take up any storage space whatsoever. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Then I installed the DC Designs side lights/turn signal. Also a dead simple install, other than removing the fenders so you can tap into the turn signal wires on each side (and btw, the wires are not the same color on both sides, at least mine weren’t - green/white on the D side and blue/white on the P side, just had to figure it out by which port they were in on the connector). Unfortunately, I snapped four of the plastic clips on one fender, and the ones I had purchased ahead of time in case I snapped any were the wrong ones, so I had to wait several days for the right ones to arrive before I could put the fender back on. Note: remember to remove the thumb screw of your Rockblokz mudflaps before you try to pull the fender off... The other fender came off with no clip mishaps.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DF847399-1756-4577-86EB-3613AB8B44DB

I REALLY like these. I’ve been thinking a loooooong time about how to do ditch lights and wasn’t crazy about all the regular options. This is the ticket, for me at least. All the functionality while keeping an “OEM-slick” look to the A-pillar. No brackets to mess with, no potential for wind-whistling or ripping them off on the trail. AND they give me extra turn signals for people in my blind spot. Expensive? Maybe, but a set of KC or Rigid lights on the A-pillar wouldn’t really be much cheaper once it’s all said and done (and no turn signal capability). I would definitely recommend these - they are worth the cost IMO.

While I had the fenders off I also pulled my old fender vent blackout decals and slapped on some vinyl to fill the body mouldepression all the way up to the hood latches.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] BD549D0D-59DB-4F73-BA30-A102CE6E4F70

I’ve always hated the way the precut vinyl “left you hanging” at the fender (unless you have Rubicon fenders). I think this looks a million times better. Definitely looks “finished” and not “afterthought”.

I ordered enough vinyl so I could finally do the full “Wayout Concept” tailgate and rear lights surround blackout, too.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 80215EEF-019E-4B2A-98E4-74BA55E695DB

Yes, you’re eyes are correct, the tailight vinyl is not lined up with the tailgate vinyl. The tailgate is a precut like my old fender vent decals, and I have another roll of vinyl I’m going to use to replace it, and line it up with the tailight vinyl.

After watching some Youtube, the vinyl was a lot easier to install than I expected, given the disaster I had trying to install the precut taillight surrounds I got from Etsy (with the tailgate decal) the first time around. A roll of knifeless tape, a heat gun, and some patience and it was actually a piece of cake. I’m pretty sure the key to success is having plenty of vinyl to extend beyond the edges of the workspace so you have some “slop” to play with while you’re negotiating the compound angles and curves.

Also while I had the fender off, I wired up my rock lights to the courtesy light in the driver footwell (just a positive wire with diode inline, since the lights are already grounded). T-taps...one of man’s greatest inventions ... right up there with the poncho liner and rolling luggage.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] CAEAFAA8-70AC-4E48-A840-AF363C8DEB21

Now my rock lights come on when I use the remote unlock! (Or any time the interior lignts come on, for that matter) LOVE this as a safety feature, especially for dark urban parking lots... With six KC Cyclones shining out 360 around the truck (and they’re mostly pointed out, not down) I’m creating a nice circle of light.

I am a total novice at wiring, so I surprised the heck out myself by accomplishing this, and was also completely surprised that all six of my rock lights come on when the circuit is activated, since each of my rock lights is wired separately to a bus bar under the hood. I figured only the one light I tapped into would come on, and I’d have to wire up the other side to give a “puddle light” to the passenger entry. Turns out the hardest part of this was just figuring out where that damn hole is in the firewall, and then how to get the plug out of it... That turned out to be easy too... I was definitely overthinking it.

And then finally, today, while I was doing a season-prep function check on my winch and had the line spooled all the way out, I installed some red tape markings on my synthetic winch line to give me a visual cue when I’m about to reach max payout.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E10C529E-B75B-4EBD-99CB-1C6C57E8CC1A

Tomorrow the truck goes in for re-gearing! Putting in Dana Spicer 4:88s. And since the shop will be under there anyway, having them install a Synergy track bar and my Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Tube Sliders.

E1765541-721B-4214-BD2C-1409A0B38E6A.jpeg

Fenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s, 2021 Volvo XC90
I added motorcycle mirrors today for going without my doors. I used hinge mounted mirrors last year and didn’t like them at all. These won‘t turn like the hinge mirrors. And can’t go without mirrors in New York State. I bought mirrors that were 8mm threads to match the cowl panel bolts and if I add some sort of soft fabric doors I don’t have to remove the mirrors.
I’ve been thinking about the best top full fabric doors. This way I can keep them in the bed of truck under the roll up cover. And put them on if it starts raining. Has anyone used these doors? Looking for the good and bad thoughts on these.

17E65B7D-CD91-4617-BE56-EC8EDC9B852C.jpeg

0334D74A-2233-4CC2-BDD2-E06AA51E318D.jpeg

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
Took the doors off and installed the Lange Originals Coyote mirrors that I got for Christmas. Planning to leave the mounting blocks on year round so hit them with a little gator. Great mirrors. Stable and easy on/off. I've had a few Jeeps and never bothered with mirrors. Kinda like them tho. Now just ready for the pollen storm to end here in east TN.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210411_162034

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Finally got my winch and installed. The Apex was a little deep for the venator bumper so I cut my teeth with cutting half inch strip off the top bumper plate (the whole thing is modular). Blasted with a little paint and good to go! Before, during, after pics.

20200517_141130.jpg

20200701_155051.jpg

20210411_154424.jpg

Sponsored

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Nice Rig! .. How do you like the the rail when using as a step? I dont want to remove the factory Rubi rails, however I need a step .. this appears to resolve my issue..

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Made some DIY headliners. Spent a while at Joanne fabrics till I found something that matched the Sting Grey well and looked "factory".

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210411_143642

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210411_143630

Pretty interesting how much of a difference it's making. You could literally hear them going in.
I bought a big box of Killamat to go with it, and some Hertz components coming in this week.

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Got a bit stuck in ocala state park in fl. Able to rock myself out. Mud makes it a tougher run.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I added motorcycle mirrors today for going without my doors. I used hinge mounted mirrors last year and didn’t like them at all. These won‘t turn like the hinge mirrors. And can’t go without mirrors in New York State. I bought mirrors that were 8mm threads to match the cowl panel bolts and if I add some sort of soft fabric doors I don’t have to remove the mirrors.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210411_143630

Nice! Make/part number and where you bought them please! TIA

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Finally put together and installed the Leitner ACS Classic. ARB awning will be here tomorrow, now I just need to figure out what tent I am going with.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210411_175500
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210411_175440
Sponsored