Sponsored

Help locating a dealership that will do 6-8% below invoice near Houston, TX

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler
I have decided to move forward and get a Gladiator after putting it off since they started showing up on dealer lots. I am having trouble locating a dealership that will let me order one below invoice.

So far I have reached out to Neil Carpenter at Demontrond Conroe....no response to email. I have also contacted Robert Knox at Nyle Maxwell in Austin with no success.

This is my build, although I am probably going to change it to sting grey without the satin grille option. I really wish Gobi was still available. I loved that color.
View attachment 154484
Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Even two years ago, I had a hard time finding someone to do what you're asking in the Houston area. Ended up ordering mine through Mac Haik in Georgetown, TX. But again, that was two years ago when there wasn't an inventory/chip shortage. Might be harder to accomplish now.

The only option I can suggest is to contact Chris Godwin at Southfork CDJR in Manvel. He is the owner and is well known throughout the Jeep community here. His cell phone number is 972-689-8006 (no issues giving out his number as he gives it out himself and tells us to call him directly). Tell him that Bryan from Crosby Jeep Club gave referred him to you.

palironsat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
SysAdmin
I haven't taken delivery yet (any day now!), so I can't comment on the entire process. But I got 6% below invoice from Scott Anderson @ Covert CDJR in Austin. He might be worth checking out for you as well. I just e-mailed him at [email protected] to get started.

EDIT: I'm working with the dealership - Scott has left since the time I ordered my JT. I'm pretty nervous about it at this point, but they're telling me they'll honor the deal that Scott offered me.

Last edited:

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
I’ll comment on covert in Austin as well. But Scott is no there, I’ve been dealing with Jesus and so far it’s been great, 6% under invoice with tread lightly membership. Should be signing in a week of so, I will report back if anything changes.

Harvest

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Ways from you but I got 6% below invoice from Billy Lyons at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles. Plus $219.00 for doc, notary, & temp tag. Billy made process easy & no bs.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
During the heavy covid times you might have gotten that but not sure about now. You could always try one of the Forum sponsors if you willing to travel a bit

Harvest

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Just FYI, Ordered mine Feb 9 of this year and delivery was March 16. Sounds like between shortages & inflation things are tightening up so good luck.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
NewSmyrna Beach Dodge in FL 6% below invoice w/ tread lightly .. Ask for Chase Firestone or Savino Benelli ..

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Depends on how far you want to travel. I got my 8% off at SLC valley Jeep. Talk to Eliott. I've heard wonderful things about Daniel and Renee at Gupton motors in Springfield Tennessee.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Chip shortage issues, production holds, as well as increasing steel along with no sign of ending shipping issues will likely drive up cost on all vehicles.

Sponsored

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
So got the final numbers,

I did ended up getting 6.3% under invoice but I lost out on the current rebate (1K) because you "can't combine them" but I still did it because I got free delivery of the new one and also they are picking up my trade. Considering that its a 12 hour round trip that I didn't have to drive plus avoiding additiional expenses since the wife wanted to make it a mini getaway (hotel, food, shopping) it became a wash out for me personally.

They are delivering on Monday :like:

OP
OP
Nickb1907

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler
@Broke Owner - Who did you deal with at Covert in Austin?

Thanks everyone for input. I am willing to travel up to 6hrs away.

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Spoke to Jesus, +1 (737) 230-0013 this is his direct number. Just tell him that Adolfo send you, blue Mojave special order.

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I dealt with Eric Lee at Mac Haik and got 6% below invoice (5% from them, 1% from Tread Lightly) last summer. It could have been 7% if I had financed with them.

OP
OP
Nickb1907

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler
I dealt with Eric Lee at Mac Haik and got 6% below invoice (5% from them, 1% from Tread Lightly) last summer. It could have been 7% if I had financed with them.
Which one? I called Katy one and the one on 45 both don't have an Eric Lee...
Sponsored