Sponsored

What's the maximum fox shock length for Mopar lift?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I'm looking to move to a mopar coil based franken lift with the fox 2.5 adjustable shocks. I'm wondering if i could get away with the fox 3.5-4 inch to get some extra travel with out the coils unseating.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I'm looking to move to a mopar coil based franken lift with the fox 2.5 adjustable shocks. I'm wondering if i could get away with the fox 3.5-4 inch to get some extra travel with out the coils unseating.
I'm skeptical that you could go that far with those springs and other hardware. The rear Fox 3.5-4" shocks specifically are longer than the rear brake lines and sway bar links will allow. Do you know anyone with a forklift who can do some flex testing for you with your shocks unbolted?

OP
OP
bleda2002

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I'm ok with adding brake lines and adjustable end links actually. I'm mostly going with the mopar coils because there are not a lot of true 2-3 inch lift springs. Most 2.5" lifts are 2.5 from the rear and 3.5+ from the front to level it out. I'd like to keep the rake for towing, just go a bit higher to clear the 37's better.

My plan is to go mopar coils, adjustable front and rear end links, metal cloak lcas (already installed), add some bump stops, clayton extended brake lines, steer smarts adjustable track bar (already installed as well) and then the fox shocks

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I'm ok with adding brake lines and adjustable end links actually. I'm mostly going with the mopar coils because there are not a lot of true 2-3 inch lift springs. Most 2.5" lifts are 2.5 from the rear and 3.5+ from the front to level it out. I'd like to keep the rake for towing, just go a bit higher to clear the 37's better.

My plan is to go mopar coils, adjustable front and rear end links, metal cloak lcas (already installed), add some bump stops, clayton extended brake lines, steer smarts adjustable track bar (already installed as well) and then the fox shocks
Don’t have an answer for you, but that’s why I went with the Mopar lift. I don’t understand the leveling on trucks, but maybe I just use the bed and tow more than others.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I don’t know the numbers for your specific application but can say I ran Fox 4-6 inch lift shocks with a 3 inch lift in the past with no issues after loosening the brake line mounts. The typical basic kit shocks seem to frequently leave room to play. For example my JT JKS front Fox shocks that came with the kit were too short and tue front had the extra flexibility to use the next longer length
Sponsored