First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Just joining this forum and fell on this page via a search for "soft top". I hope to order a Mojave within the next two month. I am still unsure about the roof selection.

I was planning to go to the dealership sometime and ask them to fold back the soft top to see what the back seat riders will be seeing. Is the roof / speaker bar block out most of the "up" view?
Hey Malachi23,
You are a nice guy, I have never focused on back seat passengers!:LOL: save yourself a trip, I think if you ask on this forum, there will be quite a few Jeepsters that will snap some photos for you. I noticed the price of Mopar OEM soft tops if you buy from a retailer and it was like 2K. But, on advice of another member, Bestop should be coming out with one soon.

Cheers, Alex
Sponsored

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
$1000 if you do all the work for them? šŸ˜‚ How would you drive it to them without a seat? Lol. Or just remove it in the parking lot? Ridiculous. Iā€™ll let you know.
Actually, I have read it somewhere before, remove everything..... put the drivers seat back in... take it out... they spray.... you bolt in back in and go home. They will do the labor but will charge you extra, don't remember the quote.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Just joining this forum and fell on this page via a search for "soft top". I hope to order a Mojave within the next two month. I am still unsure about the roof selection.

I was planning to go to the dealership sometime and ask them to fold back the soft top to see what the back seat riders will be seeing. Is the roof / speaker bar block out most of the "up" view?
They will see a big blue sky.

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
Hey Malachi23,
You are a nice guy, I have never focused on back seat passengers!:LOL: save yourself a trip, I think if you ask on this forum, there will be quite a few Jeepsters that will snap some photos for you. I noticed the price of Mopar OEM soft tops if you buy from a retailer and it was like 2K. But, on advice of another member, Bestop should be coming out with one soon.

Cheers, Alex
After doing some reading it seems like the full soft top is relatively easy to break into via the back pillars without actually really having to rip anything. I may be going to hard top + sun rider.

Thanks for response.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess you are right. i guess I was thinking that bar in the middle would be a big distraction.
From all the folks who have ridden in mine with the top down, I have not had any complaints only big smiles and always asking me to take the top down whenever its possible. Even my 80-year-old mother-in-law asks me to drop the top every chance when she rides in the truck. She told me it brings back wonderful memories of her riding in the back of her parent's truck when kids. Her hair usually doesn't move but when she is in the truck she doesn't care if she comes out with jeep hair. She is all smiles with the wind and sun hitting her

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After doing some reading it seems like the full soft top is relatively easy to break into via the back pillars without actually really having to rip anything. I may be going to hard top + sun rider.

Thanks for response.
Yep the soft top probably doesn't pose an issue for someone wanting to get it. But if someone wants in they are getting in. I just make it a point to not keep anything in the truck. One of these days I am going to put a hidden kill switch in the thing.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I dont have anything to add but nice chihuahua !

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer

Thanks for response.
I always left my soft top JKU unlocked. I figured if someone wanted to break into my Jeep to realize there's literally nothing to steal, I'd rather them open the doors than cut open my soft top.

JTmaybeTX

First Name
A-Mart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Howdy Fellow Jeepers,

New here, and my first post. I have been shopping for a gladiator for a year now. With most of the dealers around me they want sticker with all the add ons. I had a dealership (Finnegan in Rosenberg) reach out to me with an offer of 1K over dealer invoice along with the 1% Tread Lightly discount (I learned from this forum, thank you). My build is as follows: Granite Paint; 8-spd auto tranny; Selec-Trac; Black Hard Top; Cloth Seats (may still order factory leather); Gorilla Glass; Off Road Camera (it seems it si a stand alone option in 2022); 8.4 inch Prem Audio & Keyless Entry are also standard for 2022 Mojave; Safety Group; Adv. Safety Group; Aux Switch; Cold Weather Group; Trailer Tow: Total MSRP: 57,905 with 1% discount: 54,281.70 + 1,000.00. I am finally pulling the trigger this week (after going back & forth with options list). Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am still undecided on factory or Katskin Leather (I got quoted 1700 for single color & contrast stitch) & Dual-Top Group.
Iā€™ve been in the same boat in terms of trying to find a dealer thatā€™s not a complete POS here in San Antonio/Austin. I actually found a Rubicon that I was ready to put a deposit on from Covert in Austin, and the sales guy, whom was recommended on this board, pulls the old ā€œjust to let you know, there is a $2500 protection package that comes standard with our vehicles.ā€ The damn vehicle was in transit. Lol. It looks like Iā€™m gonna end up ordering from Nyle Maxwell as theyā€™ll honor the 1% under invoice without tacking on the bs. Good Luck!

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always left my soft top JKU unlocked. I figured if someone wanted to break into my Jeep to realize there's literally nothing to steal, I'd rather them open the doors than cut open my soft top.
With some of the criminals I have seen around here lately I'm not sure they are smart enough to try to doors first.
Iā€™ve been in the same boat in terms of trying to find a dealer thatā€™s not a complete POS here in San Antonio/Austin. I actually found a Rubicon that I was ready to put a deposit on from Covert in Austin, and the sales guy, whom was recommended on this board, pulls the old ā€œjust to let you know, there is a $2500 protection package that comes standard with our vehicles.ā€ The damn vehicle was in transit. Lol. It looks like Iā€™m gonna end up ordering from Nyle Maxwell as theyā€™ll honor the 1% under invoice without tacking on the bs. Good Luck!
Ya'll should just consider getting something from the guys at Gupton or others in the midwest that are willing to give 8% then just drive that dang thing home. That is what I was planning to do until I got lucky during the pandemic

JTmaybeTX

First Name
A-Mart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
With some of the criminals I have seen around here lately I'm not sure they are smart enough to try to doors first.

Ya'll should just consider getting something from the guys at Gupton or others in the midwest that are willing to give 8% then just drive that dang thing home. That is what I was planning to do until I got lucky during the pandemic
I actually got an email from Gupton today. Iā€™m strongly considering this option at this point. The tricky part is that I have a trade inā€¦

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
I actually got an email from Gupton today. Iā€™m strongly considering this option at this point. The tricky part is that I have a trade inā€¦
To A-Mart & Blaine,
I too just got a reply from Daniel from Gupton. (I wrote to Renee). The response was in 48hours:). It seems the Dealership and family there were spared from that monster twister :please:. the FWP pricing for my 2022 build came in at 57,693. I was offered 55,750 (55,193 with Gupton financing). Not Complaining! Anything under invoice is great since the best offer I got in TX so far has been 1K over invoice. BUT, it is not 5% under invoice... it seems the savings percentage is shrinking.
Cheers, Alex

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
To A-Mart & Blaine,
I too just got a reply from Daniel from Gupton. (I wrote to Renee). The response was in 48hours:). It seems the Dealership and family there were spared from that monster twister :please:. the FWP pricing for my 2022 build came in at 57,693. I was offered 55,750 (55,193 with Gupton financing). Not Complaining! Anything under invoice is great since the best offer I got in TX so far has been 1K over invoice. BUT, it is not 5% under invoice... it seems the savings percentage is shrinking.
Cheers, Alex
Something doesn't sound right. Everyone else is getting their full discount as promised. I'm trying to arrange to pick mine up Monday and I'm getting 7% below invoice, or about 11%/12% below MSRP.
Sponsored