First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
I think this current trip to the dealer may be the last. I absolutely love my truck but it’s been at the dealer every other week for some issue that prevents me from driving it. I had a wiring harness issue that made the entire ESS system fail stranding me out of state on three separate occasions and it was in the shop for a month. Then I had a violent shudder at highway speed whenever I hit a bump in cold weather. After having the death wobble fixed by buying a mopar lift and having the dealer install it(because I didn’t want to wait the 25 days lead time for the leaking shocks they discovered while replacing the steering damper) it now idles at 1500 rpms and the transmission was overheating at 287°. I bought a new vehicle for reliability because I have a 75 mile commute each way and it’s been anything but.

Talk me out of trading it in

View attachment 205997
Sponsored

Shifu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I think this current trip to the dealer may be the last. I absolutely love my truck but it’s been at the dealer every other week for some issue that prevents me from driving it. I had a wiring harness issue that made the entire ESS system fail stranding me out of state on three separate occasions and it was in the shop for a month. Then I had a violent shudder at highway speed whenever I hit a bump in cold weather. After having the death wobble fixed by buying a mopar lift and having the dealer install it(because I didn’t want to wait the 25 days lead time for the leaking shocks they discovered while replacing the steering damper) it now idles at 1500 rpms and the transmission was overheating at 287°. I bought a new vehicle for reliability because I have a 75 mile commute each way and it’s been anything but.

View attachment 205997
What do you want to get in place of it?

Sponsored

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Mine has had some of the usual issues but with yours perhaps you should look into lemon law. Good time to trade in and get something if you can find whatever you want to replace it with. Many dealerships are desperate for business

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Could it be lemon law if it's 3 "seemingly" unrelated issues? I really don't know on that, but these issues would frustrate me as well. Plus a 75 mile commute each way? Maybe pick up a beater to rack those miles up, and keep this for a weekend fun toy if they can get these things figured out

Average-Joe

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Altitude
Occupation
Manager
sorry to hear that you got a lemon. I wouldn’t keep a vehicle that constantly leaves me stranded or is always in the shop.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Rather than go lemon law, which may be hard to do, maybe try to sell back to the dealer, or another dealer and get another. With used prices right now some people are making out getting rid of theirs and getting a new vehicle.
I only have 15k on mine but no issues yet.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
crappy scenario.

Id see about trading it in and getting a different one. Even if its another JT. The values are good enough that hopefully youll be able to get what you paid, or possibly more depending on when you got it and how much you paid then.

My wife and I went through this madness with an SUV a few years back and the biggest lesson learned was that we should have just dumped it from the outset and started fresh.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Yeah, sounds like a lemon. I have 40k miles on mine and only failure is a loose sun visor.
Same problem here

And I both mod it and beat on it

I had an airbag light on due to a short and even though that was fixed for free under warranty I know I caused it when I was attempting to push my switch harness cable through the passenger side grommet

This truck sounds like a lemon and the dealer sounds shady

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Normally I would say pursue a lemon law buyback. But with the crazy values on these things, you might be able to trade it for more than you paid for it at whatever dealer your new car comes from.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer

View attachment 205997
Maybe you can start us a new "Last Jeep I'll ever own" thread. LOL

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Maybe you can start us a new "Last Jeep I'll ever own" thread. LOL
Not the same, this OP has actual details and not a generic snivel.
Sponsored