Sponsored

Just got tires for Christmas!! Help me pick wheels.

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys, very excited obviously.

My in-laws shocked me and got me 4 285/70r17 BFG K02s for christmas to go on my Sport. I have been wanting to get the stock dueler HTs off ever since I bought the truck.

I am thinking about going ahead with some wheels when I get them installed. Would like some opinions/photos on what to go with and what would look best with my black JT. Wondering about what offset is best as well should I get some. Also, will I have to buy TPMS, and where can I source that?

Another option is to save the money for another hobby and put the tires on the stock wheels, which is kind of tempting. My wife gave me the N-fab tube steps, and my parents got me a set of cowl spotlights among other things!
I am well on my way.

Jeep Gladiator Just got tires for Christmas!! Help me pick wheels. 6AC77DD1-7EE8-4D9F-BEE3-ADEF18A346D2
Thanks guys! Merry Christmas!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Do you have a price range you want to be in or style that you like? Vision makes a couple styles that look nice and are affordable.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Asking opinions on what wheels “you” like is like asking what color you should buy.
Many threads here on different wheels, look at the pics and decide what “you” like.
Good luck because the choices are many.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I like black wheels so I would keep the stockers. I plan on keeping my stock Mojave wheels. Congrats on the new shoes!

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Hey guys, very excited obviously.

My in-laws shocked me and got me 4 285/70r17 BFG K02s for christmas to go on my Sport. I have been wanting to get the stock dueler HTs off ever since I bought the truck.

I am thinking about going ahead with some wheels when I get them installed. Would like some opinions/photos on what to go with and what would look best with my black JT. Wondering about what offset is best as well should I get some. Also, will I have to buy TPMS, and where can I source that?

Another option is to save the money for another hobby and put the tires on the stock wheels, which is kind of tempting. My wife gave me the N-fab tube steps, and my parents got me a set of cowl spotlights among other things!
I am well on my way.

6AC77DD1-7EE8-4D9F-BEE3-ADEF18A346D2.jpeg
Thanks guys! Merry Christmas!
I have 285s on my stock Overland 18s and I really like the look. It looks like yours is a sport and probably came with silver wheels so that changes everything. If mine had silver wheels, I’d either power coat them dark gray like mine or go AEV. I’ve always loved their wheels and they off them in different colors.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product-category/jt-gladiator/

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
All I heard is I need a set of in-laws like yours! I'm available for adoption! 😂
Seriously. I like the iKon Rebound Pro.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I’d keep the stock wheels. They look good in my opinion, and will look great with those new tires. It will save you some money obviously. Changing the tires alone can really be transformative.
I 100% agree with this - especially if you already like black wheels. There's no need to rush your decision into new wheels when you may be happy with your new tires on the wheels you have. I think they really do look pretty darn good - it's those boring stock tires that hurt the looks of stock wheels. I do wish Jeep would pick a different stock tire, but that's another discussion.

My view is that if you mount the good new tires on your existing wheels and then later end up deciding to buy new wheels anyway, then you'll have had more sufficient time to look through the large selection out there and decide on the right ones.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Can't go wrong with the Black Stock wheels, love mine. I thought about switching mine a few months back but decided after looking at few different ones that I really like the stock ones the best.

Jeep Gladiator Just got tires for Christmas!! Help me pick wheels. PXL_20211225_194447821.MP
Sponsored