First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
No it is not max tow I have the tow package though
Awesome!

At the 7 pin Trailer Tow harness, there is a white wire with orange stripe. Tap into that wire for power for the reverse lights and get them away from the tails all together.

Problem solved with no purchase of LED bulbs.
Sponsored

Gohan2374

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 titan xd, ordered 2021 gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Awesome!

At the 7 pin Trailer Tow harness, there is a white wire with orange stripe. Tap into that wire for power for the reverse lights and get them away from the tails all together.

Problem solved with no purchase of LED bulbs.
How do I go about wiring that I want them to come on when my reverse lights go on

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
How do I go about wiring that I want them to come on when my reverse lights go on
The wire I specified at the Trailer Tow Harness is reverse light feed. Combine both reverse light red wires there and tap in using the supplied T-Taps. Ground black wires to Chassis nearby or the black wire in the same trailer harness.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The wire I specified at the Trailer Tow Harness is reverse light feed. Combine both reverse light red wires there and tap in using the supplied T-Taps. Ground black wires to Chassis nearby or the black wire in the same trailer harness.
Yes, and if you don't like tapping a factory harness, someone has posted a Curt number that is a sort of pigtail that goes between that connector and the factory wiring giving you a place to connect to without even tapping the factory harness. A few more dollars spent, but I am OCD and HATE doing any "tapping" into factory harnesses, even if they are "sealed" or "weather resistant".
Thankfully mine worked great with the Oracle supplied parts in the end.
I know at least a couple of guys have used that Curt harness piece to allow them to connect without tapping the factory harness - and it gave them a really easy way to switch them using their AUX switches as well.
Some extremely creative people around here.
My driveway is about 125 feet long, when the garage door is open the back wall of my garage is another 43' back from the garage door. When I start backing down my driveway, the car in the back of my garage and the wall behind it are lit up! These babies work.
I may have to put a welding blanket over the front of the car back there and the back garage wall to keep from heating them up with these backup lights.

Gohan2374

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well sir if I wanted to tap into existing wires I wouldn't have bought the extra plug and Play wiring harness
Your plug and Play harness they're all white anyhow none of them are color coded
Seems like returning them is my best choice

Sponsored

Gohan2374

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yes, and if you don't like tapping a factory harness, someone has posted a Curt number that is a sort of pigtail that goes between that connector and the factory wiring giving you a place to connect to without even tapping the factory harness. A few more dollars spent, but I am OCD and HATE doing any "tapping" into factory harnesses, even if they are "sealed" or "weather resistant".
Thankfully mine worked great with the Oracle supplied parts in the end.
I know at least a couple of guys have used that Curt harness piece to allow them to connect without tapping the factory harness - and it gave them a really easy way to switch them using their AUX switches as well.
Some extremely creative people around here.
My driveway is about 125 feet long, when the garage door is open the back wall of my garage is another 43' back from the garage door. When I start backing down my driveway, the car in the back of my garage and the wall behind it are lit up! These babies work.
I may have to put a welding blanket over the front of the car back there and the back garage wall to keep from heating them up with these backup lights.
I paid extra for the existing plug and Play harness had I known its recommended to change out the Halogen bulbs I would have never bought these & this I don't tap into wires either

Last edited:

Leftofedge

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I recently installed these. Normal tail lights (non-LED, non-max tow) but my oracle flush mount are on order. The pnp adapter only blinked three times and then stopped working. I then wire tapped and it seemed to be working but this morning I noticed it's only working intermittently. Will the flush mount lights solve this with the pnp adapter or should I re-route the wires to my 7 pin?

I'm also using the Oracle led Halo headlights and their led fog lights.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I recently installed these. Normal tail lights (non-LED, non-max tow) but my oracle flush mount are on order. The pnp adapter only blinked three times and then stopped working. I then wire tapped and it seemed to be working but this morning I noticed it's only working intermittently. Will the flush mount lights solve this with the pnp adapter or should I re-route the wires to my 7 pin?

I'm also using the Oracle led Halo headlights and their led fog lights.
I'd put the reverse lights on the 7-pin regardless. It's just starting to seem like an easier means to circumvent canbus issues, as there seems to be no specific wattage tolerance (Likely to variances in trailer lighting)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'd put the reverse lights on the 7-pin regardless. It's just starting to seem like an easier means to circumvent canbus issues, as there seems to be no specific wattage tolerance (Likely to variances in trailer lighting)
I was wondering about that as well as a number of people have installed these with no issues. IF there was an issue with the operation on every one of these installed on a JT with no LED tail lights, it would seem obvious.

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Ordered the Bumper lights and harness during the sale yesterday. Looking forward to them since I’ve got a long, dark driveway to back up into. They look exactly what I need to maneuver around whatever else is behind me.

Wish their webpage showed when items were out of stock as I just got an email that it’s not going to show up until at least February.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Ordered the Bumper lights and harness during the sale yesterday. Looking forward to them since I’ve got a long, dark driveway to back up into. They look exactly what I need to maneuver around whatever else is behind me.

Wish their webpage showed when items were out of stock as I just got an email that it’s not going to show up until at least February.
Hey there,

I get your frustration. Our webstore is powered by Shopify. Unfortunately, they don't support live inventory integration with our built in system. So, we have to email you guys manually.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Rubicon Bob

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Rubi, 17 Grand Cherokee, 2020 GCM LE Gladiator
I received that same email. Yet, the charge on my card is still showing as pending.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
@ORACLElights, I finally had time to install my bumper lights. They were purchased at the first group buy. I got the plug n play harness. I just went to install them and the harness plugged in fine and locked to the factory harness, but I could not get the tail light to seat enough on your end of the harness for it to click and lock. It’s like it bottoms out before it locks? Any help would be appreciated. It’s on a 2021 Mojave with the LED package, just for info. Thanks

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
@ORACLElights, I finally had time to install my bumper lights. They were purchased at the first group buy. I got the plug n play harness. I just went to install them and the harness plugged in fine and locked to the factory harness, but I could not get the tail light to seat enough on your end of the harness for it to click and lock. It’s like it bottoms out before it locks? Any help would be appreciated. It’s on a 2021 Mojave with the LED package, just for info. Thanks
Mine was same way-put some dielectric grease on and pushed hard and works fine..

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer

Yep, I ordered them around black friday. They charged me right away then sent an email saying I will be waiting til late Feb. I have a Mojave with the LED lights and PNP harness. I will not tap so if they don't work, they go back.
Sponsored