Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Keep an eye on their outlet. Most of the Factory Second's are just cosmetic .
yeah I monitor it often. If they had a decent HD one on there now Id just go ahead and go that route. Currently only one for a Gladiator and it's not worth it and noted it would possibly leak due to issues with the seal not properly on the panel.
Sponsored

Simplejack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I bought my last 2 used on Facebook market place and offerup. 1 for 150 and 2nd for gladiator. Can find decent deals on em when people are off loading them. $1k and $1100 both look and function brand new. But yeah it sucks once prices go up they never come back down.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I bought my last 2 used on Facebook market place and offerup. 1 for 150 and 2nd for gladiator. Can find decent deals on em when people are off loading them. $1k and $1100 both look and function brand new. But yeah it sucks once prices go up they never come back down.
I was watching an SE on outlet for $1300 last month. Slept on it till Monday. Gone. A member here bought it. I know because they posted it for sale when they got it saying now they don't want it. LMFAO.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I was watching an SE on outlet for $1300 last month. Slept on it till Monday. Gone. A member here bought it. I know because they posted it for sale when they got it saying now they don't want it. LMFAO.
yeah I remember that and seen it. Looked at it too but Im after an HD otherwise it been me lol.

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee
I bought an SE earlier this year with a military discount and got the Front Runner Rack accessory after thinking about it for a month. I absolutely love it. Looks like old Sarge has been eyeballing that HD for a while. Too bad the prices are going up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Heavy Duty Tonneau Covers
Hey, everyone!

We hear you. We're sorry this news comes during an untimely season. This was certainly not a decision made lightly.

However, like others have mentioned, prices are going up across the board. While we wish we were immune to these increases, we aren't. We pride ourselves in being American-made, however, at times that route can take a toll.

We value our JGF family, the least we could do is give a heads up to anyone who has had their eyes set on a DiamondBack in 2021, and give them a chance to secure one at those prices.

However, if you are not able to pick up a cover before the new year we do encourage you to watch out for covers in our Outlet Store, or if applicable, utilize our 10% military discount.

Thank you all for understanding!

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Pulled the trigger on an HD.

Pretty much had to do everything but sell myself on the corner to scrape up the money during Christmas time. But I managed to get my order in before the new year to avoid the price jump.

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Hey, @Sarge502!

We're glad you were able to secure a cover before the New Year! Now the waiting game begins. If you ever have any questions or concerns, now or during the installation process, feel free to drop us a line. You can reach us through here, social media, or call/email ([email protected] or 800 935-4002).

We're happy to lend a hand whenever possible!

— Luke from DiamondBack

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
THE #FREEDOMTREMOR GIVEAWAY IS FINALLY HERE

Hey, JGF Family!! You may or may not have known this, but we bought this 2020 Ford F250 Super Duty Tremor and over the past year, Last Line Of Defense has been building it into the ultimate adventure truck. Now, we're giving it away. The best part is this is all for charity. We have partnered with A21, a charity determined to stop modern human slavery. Every dollar spent on limited edition products gains 1 entry.

Click the link below and join the fight today.

Enter Now: http://ow.ly/rC6l50HlNH7

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread _MCW2956 copy

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Just a sneak peek. It’s not fully adjusted, clamped down, or struts put on yet. I will say removing the plastic bed rail caps I knew would be hard but that really sucked. I did manage to get them both off without breaking any clips. And considering my garage temperature was freezing lol.

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 4FE77E99-8B5B-4884-81C6-3B112DD9D927

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread E94D2A34-A7D8-45C3-BA32-BAD3CB4F1045

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Just a sneak peek. It’s not fully adjusted, clamped down, or struts put on yet. I will say removing the plastic bed rail caps I knew would be hard but that really sucked. I did manage to get them both off without breaking any clips. And considering my garage temperature was freezing lol.
no pictures of my DB installed after New Year, but I can vouch for the bed rail removal being a pain! I do have pictures of the bed rails removed for others to hopefully benefit from my efforts.
after removing the tail light to start the first side, having the photos allowed me to get the other side off without having to remove the tail light. I laid the tape measure along the rail and with the clips located using the picture, was able to pry up the rail and slip a pick in to release each clip.
With pressure pushing up the rail, each side of the clip released with a distinct ‘SNAP’! I had a work stool that put me at eye level with the rail so I could shine a light in to aid in locating the clips. The toughest clip to get out was the white one at the cab end.
The pick I used was a bit short, so for easier access use a pick that is as long as the rail is wide. You need to push in on one side then pull on the other to release each clip.
I also used a zip tie as a probe to help with locating the clips on the firat side… you can see in the pictures there is a barrier around the clips - knowing how they are oriented aides in getting the pick onto the clip.
I put the red strips on the shims so they stand out in the

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 6C857B30-0C98-4874-B168-7E64FA21AD23

pictures.

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread EC865E4A-75A7-4193-A815-14E13208DC5E

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 34797946-FD3C-48C8-A08B-E68DDD4A32E2

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 35D38154-4434-4A9B-9F73-60F7C06AF59B

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread C2BFA489-755D-4C63-9394-4E4DE87BD11D

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 6F362C8D-A207-4968-9322-9DF0523527D6

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 3C8F93F8-BC06-4268-9E53-9D24A839A45D

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 9267F60F-AB81-4747-A4AB-EB2A3141B72D

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 234AC5B5-539E-4BF7-ACAC-FD9E88C7ECED

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Have not got the front tweaked in yet - been too cold to apply the front weather strip. Instructions say to apply at 50 deg. Not sure how critical that is but did not want to take a chance. I did tighten up the rear latches. I have the trail rail so I got it tight and then slid a section of pex tubing over the trail rail to make it a little more snug plus the pex adds to the smooth engagement of the latch rod to the rail.

6F4CEB1C-E887-47DE-B1D5-62A98A3E94B9.jpeg

B15BD031-6CDB-49CD-A117-A63BE8109A53.jpeg

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Got everything adjusted and clamped down how I want.

F470C64F-1164-48C0-BDB1-31E2ACA9AB29.jpeg

A2098819-2237-4FE6-B8CB-A5BC527DCB03.jpeg
@Sarge502 Man the JT is coming along nicely! A couple of tips for you and anyone else finishing up their installs.
  • Be sure to leave the tailgate and cab panels closed for as long as possible within this first week, aim to leave it closed the majority of the time for the first 3-4 days. This helps the perimeter gasket seal to the groves of your bed rail caps and minimize the chance of future leaks.
  • The cover appears to be evenly torqued and level, this is good! However, be careful not to over-torque those center panel clamps as that can lead to damaged/squished bedrail caps. It doesn't take much, roughly 6 ft-lbs. per clamp.
  • After about 2 weeks, revisit both the center panel clamps and lock rods. Snugging them up again will help ensure the cover stays tight to your bed rail caps as the perimeter gaskets should have broken in and compressed further by this point.
Cheers! Hope this helps! Enjoy the cover. Don't be a stranger, feel free to shoot us a DM or email if you have any questions!

— Luke from DiamondBack.
Sponsored

Last edited: