Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody else wish the section over the rear seats was just one big T Top so it would be easier to take the back off? To be able to just leave the back section on eith the glass and basically have 3 T Tops over head. Like the Ford Bronco does.
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Yo... did you... did you just insinuate that the Bronco has a better design somewhere? Blasphemy!

Honestly, I've never really seen how the Bronco does it. I do wish there was an easier way to remove the back solo, but it's easy enough with a buddy.

There is also always the hoist option, I don't think my garage is deep enough for a hoist as the garage door motor is right where the separation between the front and rear panels. I might look into it after the 110 degree days are over.

OP
OP
Oasis Supernova

Oasis Supernova

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford Bronco is a 4 piece i believe. 2 front T tops. One middle panel and then the back. Personally I think it look a little funky with the back off and those two hideous roll bars exposed. Just wish I could uncover the rear seats and Remove the rear glass or have it roll down. Yes Ford did like 1 or 2 things right. Lol. Definitely wasn't the engines. Lol

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
This thread may interest you. Hopefully Jeep actually follows through with a functioning product!

Honestly, the extra removable section on the Broncos is one of the few things I'm jealous about, if only because you can run "topless" without having to remove the back window, which is awkward. If they had a solid front axle and pickup variant, they would have been a serious contender.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The Ford Bronco is a 4 piece i believe. 2 front T tops. One middle panel and then the back. Personally I think it look a little funky with the back off and those two hideous roll bars exposed. Just wish I could uncover the rear seats and Remove the rear glass or have it roll down. Yes Ford did like 1 or 2 things right. Lol. Definitely wasn't the engines. Lol
I still think the 2.3 is a great engine

OP
OP
Oasis Supernova

Oasis Supernova

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I still think the 2.3 is a great engine
Until you get that valve separation thing I've been hearing about. šŸ˜¬ They've already opened some kind of investigation.

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
It would be nice to be able to remove the rear roof piece (i.e. Third panel) and leave the rear window panel in place, but I donā€™t lose any sleep over that.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I was thinking the opposite as far as the soft top go's . Wish I could fold back the soft top only to expose the two front seats and not all 4 !
Sunrider!

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
With all due respect to MOPAR, BestTop, others, and a special nod to best-of-breed SunRider, the entire engineering and technology of Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator tops is incredibly primitive and frustrating.

Hard tops are the worst, nobody really wants to hang a fragile fiberglass boat from their ceiling. itā€™s too heavy, its unbalanced, and we shouldnā€™t need tools to remove it. The cheap, minimal hardtop soundproofing is for some reason an option. The rear sliding window is still manually operated. The rear window as a whole canā€™t be folded or removed for carrying extra long items. At the VERY least, Freedom Panels should have been designed for safe, padded on-board storage.

The basic man-bun design of the soft-tops is ridiculous when compared to any automotive convertible top from the last 20+ years. Even a fully folded soft top is still manual and based on some floppy 19th century baby carriage design.

I understand that some Jeep people hanker for the throwback rugged retro experience in these things. Personally, I urge someone to sell a canvas tarp and rope kit for those, and give the rest of us some reasonably up-to-date options.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
With all due respect to MOPAR, BestTop, others, and a special nod to best-of-breed SunRider, the entire engineering and technology of Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator tops is incredibly primitive and frustrating.

Hard tops are the worst, nobody really wants to hang a fragile fiberglass boat from their ceiling. itā€™s too heavy, its unbalanced, and we shouldnā€™t need tools to remove it. The cheap, minimal hardtop soundproofing is for some reason an option. The rear sliding window is still manually operated. The rear window as a whole canā€™t be folded or removed for carrying extra long items. At the VERY least, Freedom Panels should have been designed for safe, padded on-board storage.

The basic man-bun design of the soft-tops is ridiculous when compared to any automotive convertible top from the last 20+ years. Even a fully folded soft top is still manual and based on some floppy 19th century baby carriage design.

I understand that some Jeep people hanker for the throwback rugged retro experience in these things. Personally, I urge someone to sell a canvas tarp and rope kit for those, and give the rest of us some reasonably up-to-date options.
This is a Jeep community - if you can build it better, they will buy it.