Possible bad news

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
They better price this Jeep reasonably! I bleed Jeep but if they get outrageous with the price I may just have to switch brands. I want this truck very bad but not bad enough to put myself in a bind over it. I will just wait until some people buy one and trade it in not knowing what the Jeep life is about. The open air vehicles are not for everyone. The tops leak sometimes, you can get caught in a freak rain storm with no top, its hot in the summer even with a/c with the top down or off not to mention the noise. Jeeps have come a long way but still have characteristics of old. People not knowing about these traits or not being use to these type vehicles will buy because they are cool then trade them in when they cant handle the Jeep life. That's when I will jump on one! That's if the price is ridiculous from jump street. I am keeping my fingers crossed FCA gets right with the price.
That sounds like the G wagon crowd people keep talking about. I figure you are right that some will buy one and may pay some crazy price for it because it is new and cool but not really have an idea what they are getting and will not like it. May work out in the end if there ends up being a higher then average number of low mile, like new Gladiators for sale in a year or two.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
That’s not possible Lou2.0. I started the thread and I don’t work for Jeep. Wish I did though, would be looking to get employee pricing. But that ain’t gonna happen since I don’t work for Jeep.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
That’s not possible Lou2.0. I started the thread and I don’t work for Jeep. Wish I did though, would be looking to get employee pricing. But that ain’t gonna happen since I don’t work for Jeep.
Oh sure Jake . . . Jake your real name ? Four letters, parts with "J", could easily be Jeep instead ! ? S.C. where you really from ? Conspiracy theorists . . . are you listening ? JEEP, are YOU listening ? :whew: .

Well, Jake . . . see what you got me into ? Any doubts JEEP will be using all this discussion as input into Pricing guidance ?
So many questions . . . Thanks Jake . :clap: . Keep it "real" Jeep !

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Ok I get ya now, funny guy. But I really don’t work for Jeep and I really am from South Carolina, never been to motor city and I got pluff mud in my blood. And sorry but you are really going to have to take my word for it.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Oh and one other thing to think about Lou2.0 have you looked at some of my other posts? As I have said before if Jeep overprices this truck then I will take my business and my money elsewhere. Why would anyone working for Jeep make such a statement over and over again? Simple answer is because I am an individual buyer just like you and everyone else looking to buy a Gladiator at a reasonable price, not at an outrageously expensive price. No one working for Jeep would make such statements and stay on a Jeep payroll for very long, great way to get fired.

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
Sounds like the dealership OP went to is already thinking about adding dealer markups! Not shocking since the same was done with the JL and I would just plan on waiting until the dust settles to get a fair price.

jacob66999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ Wrangler
So now your in the low 30’s? You see you where being called out for stating a Sport with Max Tow was going to be $50. Then in you argument you stated ridiculous things like the auto loan industry.

Ok I’m the one that hand no valid points like who in ther righ mind would pay $50k for a small truck with crank up windows and push lock.

I’ll jist take my ball and go home now.
Pay close attention. I know you are from Ohio and your brain is probably frozen to your skull and your angry b/c you you live in a dreary hell for six months out of the year. The other 6 months are just hell. Your argument is "no one in their right mind would do x." Great argument hope your not a lawyer. What am I in the low 30s on? Never been in the low 30s. I still stand by a Sport costing around $50k before you get it off the lot with the options required for max tow. Now you don't believe the availability of auto loans effects car prices? Any idiot can qualify for a $40K 72 month loan the manufacturers know this and price their products accordingly (much like colleges). Do a little researcher and look into sub prime auto lending. Then try and formulate an argument with one objective point.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
My dear friends,

in reading the wildly speculative commentary posted in this so named "bad news, possibly", thread.

I read above that it is my fate to be "butt hurt" simply because I believe in sensible pricing.

I must inform you fine gentlemen and gentlewomen and gentle people of the jeep community that the truth is "much, much worst", to quote Elpidoa in the original Predator.

It will be the end times if two things happen. Yes, butt hurt and in the end times people.

The first of these two things, or signs of end times, is when consumer reports does a story without proper sourcing. Society is shred matter if this happens.

The second of these two things is if my jeep, a company whose logo is known for, by merely looking upon it, to relieve all types of illness such as malaise, despondency, hyper endotherelatkonshipeo, and ulcerative I'm good on 2tires balancing, joins the enemy and prices this JT too high for working people to enjoy.

If Jeep big times it's loyalists, end of mountains, streams, and rivers. It's over then. Seriously over.

End times. I just don't see em coming.

JT Sport, MSRP $32,770. I said it.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
maybe i'm way off, but i could see people in the market for an SUV and decide on a wrangler for a bit extra, because its unique, top comes off, and has a status.

I don't see people wanting an SUV and being like, "Yeah, i'll spend $10,000 more for that wrangler". Just like I don't see midsize truck buyers saying, "Yeah, i'll spend $10,000 more for that gladiator".

And how can you say jeep isn't comparing this to other midsize trucks, when its one of their staples, "The most off-road capable midsize truck ever". "The only open-air pickup truck in the industry", "Best-in-class towing"

But we're not comparing it to other trucks......we're different........oh wait we are comparing to trucks, but the top comes off, so pay $10,000 more? After all Its a lifestyle. We shall see.
It's not worth the extra 10k dollars for a convertible. I can make a ram into a convertible using my 100 dollar sawsall!

Lol, JK.

Sponsored

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
I still have not gotten any email updates after signing up. I think the whole thing is a scam and there will never be a jeep truck. hoax of the decade...:CWL::CWL:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Maybe you can see if they will give you a good discount through statefarm?

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
I bought my 17 rebel new for 41K OTD only option i dont have is ramboxes
I understand that but the Rebel is not a fully loaded Ram 1500, they have a decent amount of options but not all. Plus with the new 2019 Rebel Fully loaded you are not getting anywhere close to $41k

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe