Sponsored

Trout Safari Overland Expedition Build

RYSlimVegas19

First Name
RY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘46 CJ2A (Harvest Tan); ‘12 JKUR (Bright Silver Metallic); ‘20 JTM (Gobi)
Occupation
USAF
There are 4 latches and they do not have a lock. The install is really not that bad and yes you do need to do some cutting out of the tailgate.
For a ~$46 up-charge, you can select a lockable 'option': "The two outer compression locks are lockable" ... - CHEERS -
Sponsored

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
For a ~$46 up-charge, you can select a lockable 'option': "The two outer compression locks are lockable" ... - CHEERS -
That would be a good option. Did you install one in your truck?

RYSlimVegas19

First Name
RY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘46 CJ2A (Harvest Tan); ‘12 JKUR (Bright Silver Metallic); ‘20 JTM (Gobi)
Occupation
USAF
That would be a good option. Did you install one in your truck?
Not yet ... on my scope to review for purchase/install when I return to CONUS. Also looking hard at ordering an Escapod; not sure I'd need both ... decisions ahead. - CHEERS -

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Does anyone do any trout or salmon fishing in Sebago or nearby lakes?

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Not yet ... on my scope to review for purchase/install when I return to CONUS. Also looking hard at ordering an Escapod; not sure I'd need both ... decisions ahead. - CHEERS -
On Escapod would certainly solve storage issues. They are nice, I have a Turtleback being built now. I guess it would depend what someone is planning on using the storage for. For me the majority of time I will not have the trailer on or we leave the trailer at a base camp and explore for the day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Does anyone do any trout or salmon fishing in Sebago or nearby lakes?
I have not fished that area for a few years. We spend most of our time now a bit further north. Pittsburg & Errol NH across to Rangeley, Jackman, Coburn Gore to the Maine North Woods.

Reactions: Mac

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/max tow, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I use my gladiator to get out to some unpressured trout. Here is a couple of pics of my trip to Colorado and Wyoming. I am leaving today for a trip to Arizona and New Mexico.
Jeep Gladiator Trout Safari Overland Expedition Build 20210530_090218-01
If you make it back to Wyoming. Would be cool to do some fly fishing and hit some trails. Great looking fish. I dig the rig also.

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I saw the name Trout in the topic.. had to check it out. Lol. Great build so far. I was born and raised in Wyoming. Fly fishing is my go to when fishing. Big Horn mountains is where it's at.
You live in a great place! Wyoming is on our list to spend a couple months on trout safari in the next couple years..

Sponsored

Padre

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pastor
If you make it back to Wyoming. Would be cool to do some fly fishing and hit some trails. Great looking fish. I dig the rig also.
Thanks. I will. That would be fun. I might be back there some time this year. If I am, I will contact you.

Padre

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pastor
I saw the name Trout in the topic.. had to check it out. Lol. Great build so far. I was born and raised in Wyoming. Fly fishing is my go to when fishing. Big Horn mountains is where it's at.
I love the big Horn river. I love your Gazelle too. I am in Arizona right now. I put my roof top tent on but then at the last minute we decided to take the dog so we took the Gazelle too. It is easier for her to get in and out. Here we are on the desert.
Jeep Gladiator Trout Safari Overland Expedition Build 5CD98E56-8528-4705-9D24-653EDF5B8439.JPG

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
The older we get, the less years we have to wait. I have built so many trucks over the years, you always wait a while to start the mods, drive around wishing it was done. Then you finally finish it and your already thinking about another rig, or you never get it to where you wanted it. I am looking forward to using this truck this year for what it was intended for. Sure there is always that chance, but I would rather start using it finished from Day one. I figure opening day of trout season is day one.
Completely agree - although I am taking a slower and less drastic approach because I lack recent off road experience. Over the course of this summer I’ll talk to other JT owners and stress test mine to learn what I really want to do, then I’ll be back to the mods. Did some basic stuff first but need the education first to make the right choices. Watching threads like this are where I learn, so thanks - I really appreciate the detail in your posts.

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Completely agree - although I am taking a slower and less drastic approach because I lack recent off road experience. Over the course of this summer I’ll talk to other JT owners and stress test mine to learn what I really want to do, then I’ll be back to the mods. Did some basic stuff first but need the education first to make the right choices. Watching threads like this are where I learn, so thanks - I really appreciate the detail in your posts.
I understand and agree with what you are doing. Sometimes I think the internet these days makes it harder. There are so many experts and most have never even done anything yet give advice. You really have to take it all in and make your best choice.