Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Just bought my first Jeep, a Mojave, about a month ago and have enjoyed this forum as well as these Youtube series to learn and see what others are doing. Watching thread.
Congrats! Could your "big sky" username be a reference to Montana? If so, we currently live in Missoula. Always down to meet fellow jeepers!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Overland if you can make money from a few of us here and we are happy with you that is great. I buy and watch videos from several people Through these boards. So far I feel like everyone I have dealt with is ethical and straightforward. I for one wish you the best and I hope you can make money doing what you love.
As do we. Supporting this community has not only taught us loads about vehicles and preparedness, but also inspired us (and so many others) to get out there and experience this amazing country/world. Not to mention the incredible people we all get the pleasure of knowing, whether it's in-person or through the miracle of technology. Thank you for the kind words! 👍

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I knew exactly who you were talking about when you made your uninformed comment. Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is wrong.

I'm not going to engage in an online "argument" with someone that doesn't know me.

My fiance and I literally write website content for a living. I went to school for creative writing. I enjoy writing, Jeeps, photography, and connecting with people who enjoy similar things. That's kind of the whole point of the internet.

Would I complain if I made money from a "side hustle"? Absolutely not. Is that my goal? No. I've been posting about my adventures, having fun developing a "brand," and truly embracing things that interest me for years.

So, as I try to make friends and enjoy in the adventures of like-minded people, feel free to spread negativity and attack people you don't know. I wouldn't do the same to you -- it's not my style -- but again, you do you.

All the best. Jeep on 🤙
It’s a little disingenuous to claim you’re not in this for money. From your own website:

“We use everything that we make because we’ve lived as full-time adventurers and believe in our products. We hope that you’ll join the SMO movement and that our products will change the way you overland, too!”

You do you, if you can travel the world funded by other people and not have to actually work, more power to you. I did read your blog but I’m with the other guy. I’m not a fan of supporting the YouTube/onlyfans/insta/Tiktok crowd.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
It’s a little disingenuous to claim you’re not in this for money. From your own website:

“We use everything that we make because we’ve lived as full-time adventurers and believe in our products. We hope that you’ll join the SMO movement and that our products will change the way you overland, too!”

You do you, if you can travel the world funded by other people and not have to actually work, more power to you. I did read your blog but I’m with the other guy. I’m not a fan of supporting the YouTube/onlyfans/insta/YouTube crowd.
The website is outdated, so thank you for pointing it out. We wanted to make products (hence the light brackets), but it didn't work out -- we actually lost quite a bit of money. Now, it's just me and my fiance running social media for the sake of sharing.

That's also why you've never seen us push a single product on this forum.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
The website is outdated, so thank you for pointing it out. We wanted to make products (hence the light brackets), but it didn't work out -- we actually lost quite a bit of money. Now, it's just me and my fiance running social media for the sake of sharing.

That's also why you've never seen us push a single product on this forum.
Gotcha, sounds good. I wasn’t even going to say anything, I just saw your comment after I read your website. Either way, I could criticize anyone for doing it but at the end of the day it’s probably me just jealous it’s not me. 😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Gotcha, sounds good. I wasn’t even going to say anything, I just saw your comment after I read your website. Either way, I could criticize anyone for doing it but at the end of the day it’s probably me just jealous it’s not me. 😁
I fully appreciate justifiable criticism and appreciate you pointing out an obvious inconsistency with tact. I seriously was not expecting this build thread to devolve into an audit of my finances and personal life, but the internet is a wild place, even on a Jeep forum.

All the best!

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
All the best with Mojave build btw. I have the Mojave suspension setup in my Sport and its a wicked combo that jeep put in!

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
All the best with Mojave build btw. I have the Mojave suspension setup in my Sport and its a wicked combo that jeep put in!
Much appreciated! It's so good we barely want to touch it. Not a feeling I've ever had with a Jeep!

Jfondren3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Audi Q3
Much appreciated! It's so good we barely want to touch it. Not a feeling I've ever had with a Jeep!
My Mojave is my 5th Jeep and so far my build plan for it is the shortest list ever. There is very little that I want to change on it and most of those things I wouldn't count as part of the build anyway, like seat covers just to keep the dogs and kids from messing them up.

The Mojave is the best platform for my intended use and I am loving it so far. Looking forward to your build. Maybe I'll see something that I didn't know that I needed. lol

bigsky

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Gladiator Mojave
Congrats! Could your "big sky" username be a reference to Montana? If so, we currently live in Missoula. Always down to meet fellow jeepers!
Yep. Live in Billings. Hit me up if your ever over this way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
My Mojave is my 5th Jeep and so far my build plan for it is the shortest list ever. There is very little that I want to change on it and most of those things I wouldn't count as part of the build anyway, like seat covers just to keep the dogs and kids from messing them up.

The Mojave is the best platform for my intended use and I am loving it so far. Looking forward to your build. Maybe I'll see something that I didn't know that I needed. lol
Jeep knocked it out of the park, for sure! Enjoy that Mojave -- I hope our build doesn't raise your build budget TOO much!

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
We have big plans. Excited to share them with y'all!

Is this a way for you to have a Gladiator, mod it, and make $$$?

Just like to know upfront

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Is this a way for you to have a Gladiator, mod it, and make $$$?

Just like to know upfront
No, my fiance and I operate our own business. Website copy and the like.

We obviously have made connections in the community, so we pick up discounts here and there, but we're not paid.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
We're headed from Montana to Ouray, Colorado. We stopped by Overland Expo in Loveland this past weekend (didn't bring the camera, and the GoPro was dead. Horrible YouTuber, aren't I?) and had a blast seeing rigs we could never afford, reuniting with old friends, and making new ones.

We are eloping in Ouray in about a week and will be doing a few trails while in the area. So, this is home for the immediate future!

DSC01161.jpg
Sponsored