Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Installing the AFE Vulcan exhaust and Baer brake system. The Rotors have holes for now, but we will switch them out in the spring for slotted ones only.

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Moving right along. Got the re-gearing done in the front, Baer brake system, and switched out the 35's for 37's. right now when we put it down with the new springs, we are sitting about 6" higher than before. We need to settle it down and adjust a bit, but I dont think we need to worry about bottoming out anymore:)

IMG_7249.jpg

IMG_7250.jpg

IMG_7255.jpg

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Got the truck back on the road today. Everything is working out great. I like the extra height and the ride of the stiffer springs and 37's over the 35's better. The re-gearing made a big difference and sure is a lot less drag from the start. Synergy steering seems to be good and the exhaust is complete. The only thing we have not finished is the Baer brakes in the rear. We had to put the stock brakes back in. They have been sending spacers and washers over the past 3 weeks but just cannot seem to get the right combination for the Gladiator. Hopefully they work it out and get us the correct components.

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7241.jpg

IMG_7243.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
What kind of rack is that? Do the front half and back half separate?
Yes, it is by UPTOP Overland. The front half comes off if you want to remove the roof panels.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Yes, it is by UPTOP Overland. The front half comes off if you want to remove the roof panels.
Yeah found that. Also called them they can do just a half front roof rack which will fit my needs perfectly. I have an OVRLND Camper on order so I hope it will also act as a fairing to reduce wind noise and make the flat front of the camper less of a wind catcher. Thanks

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah found that. Also called them they can do just a half front roof rack which will fit my needs perfectly. I have an OVRLND Camper on order so I hope it will also act as a fairing to reduce wind noise and make the flat front of the camper less of a wind catcher. Thanks
That is a great idea. They have many different choices for the front Fairing. I chose the one without a space for lights.

Waltzforzizi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
How do you like the full cab rack so far? Does it whistle? Does the fiberglass top flex a lot with it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
How do you like the full cab rack so far? Does it whistle? Does the fiberglass top flex a lot with it?
I love the new rack I installed from Up-Top. The first one I had from DV8 was noisy and weak. The one I replaced it with is super solid and no noise or rattles.

Waltzforzizi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recently purchased this roof rack, but the instructions kinda suck. Is there any way you could possibly take a picture of how the clamps on the drip rails go on your rig?

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I recently purchased this roof rack, but the instructions kinda suck. Is there any way you could possibly take a picture of how the clamps on the drip rails go on your rig?
I wish I could, but my truck is at a different location in winter storage. If you can give them a call. I had a couple questions and called them and they were extremely helpful.

SIG551-A1

First Name
Stazi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
So which lotto drawing did you win? Holy moly, I can only imagine the money you poured into this build. Impressive, yet humbling for the poors like myself.

Waltzforzizi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I could, but my truck is at a different location in winter storage. If you can give them a call. I had a couple questions and called them and they were extremely helpful.
Thanks, will contact them.
Sponsored