Sponsored

“Hercules” High Performance Jeep Gladiator Being Tested!

Wilk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
My favorite thing about ALL of this talk though... it suggests that the "expensive and not many of them" quote from years ago can easily no get tacked onto THIS truck, leaving the regular Gladiators to be fair, market-priced trucks.

I hope the four regular trims are all priced fairly so that it can be affordable for most.

On the other hand, I prepared for crazy expensive so if the Hercules sees production then I'm going to pour out my piggy bank with a smile on my face. Hopefully the crumpled up papers and buttons I keep in there are enough. :P
Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
If we have an insane amount of luck, this will make it to production and have an option for a hemi or other high output engine.
Possibly the turbo I6 that is slated for the Wagoneer, and which is said will be targeted towards HEMI output.

I would expect something hotter under the hood with Tim Kuniskis now heading Jeep. He did, after all, give us the Hellcat and Demon.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
The variants are already being floated. Hopefully this is an indication of many differing formats to follow.

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
The Sandstorm is running EVO's Double Throwdown on it. you can see the replaced shock towers. While I highly doubt they will be running that on a stock production vehicle, having some high speed tuned shocks/coilovers wouldn't be terribly difficult.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/p-3527-EVO-1010-44.jpg

Now a twin turbo Pentastar Gladiator with a double throwdown would be sick. Theyve already designed the locker system for locked rear in 4hi and it wouldn't take much for a 2hi mod for pre-running.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’ll speculate that what is being “tested” might be a concept vehicle which will debut at the Easter Jeep Safari. With the JT coming out, it should be awesome.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I love the idea of this Hercules model !!!

To sell me on it, it would need 37” or at least 35” tires and heavy duty suspension and heavy duty everything. I’ll take whatever engine. Oh and manual transmission and half doors :).

Probably won’t happen this way.

P.s. - By the way, in the renderings, is this what 35” tires or 37” tires would look like on the Gladiator? Which one?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Needs to look like this grill . I saw something like this on two jeeps in Milwaukee this weekend. I'm totally doing this to my JT. I want our JT to be like a family member with its own personality.

Just need to come up with a badass name for the vehicle, like Glenn or Shirley! lol

81r8ssee55L._SL1200_.jpg
No, please don’t! Angry Jeep face needs to end...

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4Runner, '22 JLUR Rubi soon!
My no-doubt wildly unpopular opinion is to market the Hercules instead as a Dodge (yes, Dodge) as a true, modern-day Power Wagon. You have to admit, it looks an awful lot like the (real!) old Dodge Power Wagons from the 60's.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 11.22.44 PM.png

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
A Hemi would be sweet, but I could also see them doing a high output version of the I-6 Turbo that is rumored for the new Grand Cherokee.
i hope the I 6 is real a bit of low end tourque would be great thats my big gripe with v6's

Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
I'm not sure if this fits in here, but Casey Currie (his last name should be familiar to some Jeep fans) runs what he calls his "trophy Jeep" in Baja and King of the Hammers. It would be pretty neat to see this performance based Gladiator Hercules in some racing for "promotional and testing reasons"... looking at you Mopar/SRT.

Jeep Gladiator “Hercules” High Performance Jeep Gladiator Being Tested! {filename}

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
My no-doubt wildly unpopular opinion is to market the Hercules instead as a Dodge (yes, Dodge) as a true, modern-day Power Wagon. You have to admit, it looks an awful lot like the (real!) old Dodge Power Wagons from the 60's.

Jeep Gladiator “Hercules” High Performance Jeep Gladiator Being Tested! {filename}
Great point! Here's hoping!
Sponsored