Sponsored

“Hercules” High Performance Jeep Gladiator Being Tested!

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I wonder if they would do a similar suspension setup to the sandstorm concept.

A0544551-4009-461A-AE6F-4FE6655884B7.jpeg
I'm sure they'll be leaning heavily on that design as they move forward with a Hercules. I'm disinclined to think they'll put a Hemi in one though... rather they'll do one of the already mentioned engine options. My favorite thing about ALL of this talk though... it suggests that the "expensive and not many of them" quote from years ago can easily no get tacked onto THIS truck, leaving the regular Gladiators to be fair, market-priced trucks.

I wonder if they'll have a version at Easter Safari... or if they'll keep it under wraps since Safari is mostly about one-off, non-production versions.

Personally, I'm hoping to see a Gladiator designed to look like the old Willys trucks from the 50s & 60s. That's been my dream truck for 30 years now... and I'm happy they have more than 3 speeds in modern trucks.

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport, 2014 Manley ORV Original Trailer
I wonder if they would do a similar suspension setup to the sandstorm concept.
The problem would seem to be that to fit coilovers they may have to modify the spring perches, frame, and/or tub, which would make it more unlikely. I think it's more likely that they'd put a remote reservoir shock on there, like in the higher end Mopar suspension kits.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Me want.

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wonder if it will have the new jeep 3.0l inline 6 twin turbo that is supposed to be on the way. Supposedly the 3.0 i6 TT will have around the same power as the 5.7 hemi.
That would make the Gladiator fast... Well faster...

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if it will have the new jeep 3.0l inline 6 twin turbo that is supposed to be on the way. Supposedly the 3.0 i6 TT will have around the same power as the 5.7 hemi.
That would make the Gladiator fast... Well faster...
I was thinking the same thing. It also might help with packaging and cooling over the V8.

EDIT: On top of that aftermarket tuning would offer a lot of options for bigger power as Turbo vehicles can easily be tuned for higher output then what's offered from the factory.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was thinking the same thing. It also might help with packaging and cooling over the V8.

EDIT: On top of that aftermarket tuning would offer a lot of options for bigger power as Turbo vehicles can easily be tuned for higher output then what's offered from the factory.
Yes. That is what I was thinking. I know they would never put the hemi in there due to its size (mainly the width) and its weight but they need to put some sort of more powerful motor in there.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
The problem would seem to be that to fit coilovers they may have to modify the spring perches, frame, and/or tub, which would make it more unlikely.
They made a custom frame here (Sandstorm), and I'm pretty sure they've done so for the Hurricane, too.

And since they got the Hemi in Sandstorm, look for it again. Having said that, rumor is that the 3.0 inline will be forced induction, and will displace the Hemi in the near future. So if this ever goes into production, I see it having a very high output 3.0 turbo. (repeating what @DMoney said).

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
This might be available...

(Sorry, my graphic isn’t working- it was Conan O’Brien)

Last edited:

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
They made a custom frame here (Sandstorm), and I'm pretty sure they've done so for the Hurricane, too.

And since they got the Hemi in Sandstorm, look for it again. Having said that, rumor is that the 3.0 inline will be forced induction, and will displace the Hemi in the near future. So if this ever goes into production, I see it having a very high output 3.0 turbo. (repeating what @DMoney said).
The Hemi can not pass crash testing in the Wrangler, it's too long for the crumple zone. We'll never see it in the JL.

Likewise it is very unlikely to see any custom frame or major frame modifications for this truck if it is going to be OEM. Any changes to fit coilovers are likely going to require crash recertification which is very expensive--they won't do it for a low-volume trim level.

Now if AEV or a custom shop like that has a hand in this, and they're treating it as a custom kit/aftermarket like the Brute or AEV 350 that was available through dealers and had a warranty, but was built in low volume by AEV, then that might be different.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The Hemi can not pass crash testing in the Wrangler, it's too long for the crumple zone. We'll never see it in the JL.

Likewise it is very unlikely to see any custom frame or major frame modifications for this truck if it is going to be OEM. Any changes to fit coilovers are likely going to require crash recertification which is very expensive--they won't do it for a low-volume trim level.

Now if AEV or a custom shop like that has a hand in this, and they're treating it as a custom kit/aftermarket like the Brute or AEV 350 that was available through dealers and had a warranty, but was built in low volume by AEV, then that might be different.
The Raptor has factory coilovers on it from Fox. I don't think its that much work. Also its rumored that the new 1500 Rebel TR and TRX which will be direct Raptor competitors will have King Coilovers stock.

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I bet most of the modified glatiators are going to look that way anyway thanks to the Jeep aftermarket. The engine will be the true factor

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The Raptor has factory coilovers on it from Fox. I don't think its that much work. Also its rumored that the new 1500 Rebel TR and TRX which will be direct Raptor competitors will have King Coilovers stock.
The Raptor (F150) and 1500 are IFS. Fitting long travel coilovers to a solid front axle (especially like the setup that the Sandstorm concept was running) is a different animal. Even the Evo bolt-on coilover conversion kit for the JK required new perches, fenders, and a super wide offset on the wheels to be able to clear everything: https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-front-bolt-on-coilover-kit-jk-jku/ Sandstorm additionally had tub modifications in the rear to clear the coilovers. I'm not saying it's impossible, and I'm happy to be wrong, I just think it is unlikely.
Sponsored