Sponsored

“Hercules” High Performance Jeep Gladiator Being Tested!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
My no-doubt wildly unpopular opinion is to market the Hercules instead as a Dodge (yes, Dodge) as a true, modern-day Power Wagon. You have to admit, it looks an awful lot like the (real!) old Dodge Power Wagons from the 60's.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 11.22.44 PM.png
blasphemy!
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

MissinmyCJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
How about naming it Maximus...after all FCA is hoping this variation of the Gladiator will dethrone the current emperor of the “turn key” off roaders...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about naming it Maximus...after all FCA is hoping this variation of the Gladiator will dethrone the current emperor of the “turn key” off roaders...
maximus decimus meridius

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
i hope the I 6 is real a bit of low end tourque would be great thats my big gripe with v6's
I6s tend to have more lower end torque than v6s. Also newer technologies make turbo lag almost non-existent. I bet it will have good low end torque.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
A Hemi would be sweet, but I could also see them doing a high output version of the I-6 Turbo that is rumored for the new Grand Cherokee.
I hadn’t heard about that one. Everyone else is doing it though- modular engines based on 0.5l per cylinder, with or without turbos, as needed to suit the application.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

bruno747

First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK 2 Door Rubicon Recon
One possibility is that this may actually end up being a rebadged ram rebel. Supposedly the TRX concept they showed a while back with the de-tuned hellcat hemi has the green light, possibly with a 426 NA option.

It would not surprise me at all to see a ram with a jeep grill in the near future. Especially since they are talking about using the gladiator platform for a new Dakota, makes sense to bring the ram over to jeep for a raptor competitor.

That being said it wouldn't shock me if all this is just someone seeing another blue balls hemi wrangler/gladiator they are making for EJS in a few months and hoping its actually a new vehicle or option. If that's the case, it will never see even discussion in the board room about production.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
One possibility is that this may actually end up being a rebadged ram rebel. Supposedly the TRX concept they showed a while back with the de-tuned hellcat hemi has the green light, possibly with a 426 NA option.

It would not surprise me at all to see a ram with a jeep grill in the near future. Especially since they are talking about using the gladiator platform for a new Dakota, makes sense to bring the ram over to jeep for a raptor competitor.

That being said it wouldn't shock me if all this is just someone seeing another blue balls hemi wrangler/gladiator they are making for EJS in a few months and hoping its actually a new vehicle or option. If that's the case, it will never see even discussion in the board room about production.
The Rebel TR and TRX is already under development and there is a good chance we might see it at Detroit next week (or at least one of them) The TR is rumored to be a new 7.0L V8 and the TRX would use the hellcat engine. Both will be Ram 1500s deigned to compete with the F150 Raptor, and don't see it being any part Jeep.

With that said I think the Hercules will be more of a Raptor Ranger competitor, and will probably NOT have a v8 due to packaging and cooling issues. Thats why I think the new Turbo 6 might be the ticket since its rumored to replace/have similar power to the smaller Hemi V8s.

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Needs to look like this grill . I saw something like this on two jeeps in Milwaukee this weekend. I'm totally doing this to my JT. I want our JT to be like a family member with its own personality.

Just need to come up with a badass name for the vehicle, like Glenn or Shirley! lol

81r8ssee55L._SL1200_.jpg

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
Needs to look like this grill . I saw something like this on two jeeps in Milwaukee this weekend. I'm totally doing this to my JT. I want our JT to be like a family member with its own personality.

Just need to come up with a badass name for the vehicle, like Glenn or Shirley! lol

81r8ssee55L._SL1200_.jpg
Why because someone's gonna go Glenn Close on you and boil you're rabbit if you do this? Shirley you're kidding.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why because someone's gonna go Glenn Close on you and boil you're rabbit if you do this? Shirley you're kidding.
i don't understand what you're asking.