Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! Kidding aside, do others hear this as well or is this another symptom I need to have addressed? Thanks all.
I suspect it's simply EMF in the audio system. I can't really track it down - only in reverse, and dozens have reported it since day one. Not an issue unless you are afraid of ghosts or have some of Musk's implants in your head.
Sponsored

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I have that ghost “woooing” sound in reverse as well!
I had the same issue. I called my local priest and it was gone the next day.:CWL: Just kidding. I haven’t noticed.

OP
OP
JoeyJag

JoeyJag

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 Jaguar XKR, 1962 Nova
Occupation
VP of Sales - Data Centers
Well this thread has taken a goulish turn hasn’t it? :)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It may be some EMF whine from the audio system being activated for the collision avoidance sensors.

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That's incredible, jeeps are so intuitive that they can speak to jeeps long past when you put them in reverse. Incredible I tell you simply incredible! :LOL:

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It may be some EMF whine from the audio system being activated for the collision avoidance sensors.
That's what my comment was - EMF in the audio. There's a lot going on when you are in reverse - lights, sensors, camera.............

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's incredible, jeeps are so intuitive that they can speak to jeeps long past when you put them in reverse. Incredible I tell you simply incredible! :LOL:
Jeep Gladiator 1500 RPM / Shifting "confusion"? stop-that

• Haha
Reactions: Len

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have been listening for the ghost sounds when in reverse all day today and I have not heard anything. I even have my doors and top off and I still don't hear it. For whatever it's worth.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have been listening for the ghost sounds when in reverse all day today and I have not heard anything. I even have my doors and top off and I still don't hear it. For whatever it's worth.
Likley won't hear it with everything off - uh, doors, roof, etc., that is. It's really subtle and I didn't notice it much at first, my wife asked "hey, listen, what's that sound....."

Reactions: Len

Sponsored

JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have the max tow and have been experiencing exactly what the original thread starter posted. I have it going in to the dealer on Tuesday for Aux switch installation and asked that they take a look at it.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I have the max tow and have been experiencing exactly what the original thread starter posted. I have it going in to the dealer on Tuesday for Aux switch installation and asked that they take a look at it.
Let us know please.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I did some deliberate testing (while my wife was playing games on her phone and pretty much ignoring me) Traffic was very light this AM - and we did some shopping to take advantage.
I took to the hills (silly me, I can't leave home without 10 miles of hills in all directions)
I was running 50 in a 40 and down a hill - I hit the brakes enough to drop 1 or 2 mph and watched as the transmission downshifted from 7 to 5 and hit engine braking. Just as I thought.
I did that several more times - got up to speed at the top of the hill, started down hill and let it go and it did nothing but PICK UP speed. Tap the brakes and drop back 1 or 2 mph and the thing downshifted and applied engine braking to slow me more. Hill after hill iit would coast down the hills and gain speed just like the old overdrive automatics of the 80s - until I hit the brake just for a moment, then it would downshift 1 or 2 gears and use engine braking.
It was smart enough to know if I didnt touch the brakes it was fine to gain speed, free-wheel down the hills. Only when I tapped the brakes and dropped 1 or 2 mph did it ever downshift and lose speed.
That's how I assumed it was working all these months, I took the time to prove it today.
She did finally give me a look like what the he|| are you doing??..............

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Any update?
Sponsored