Sponsored

2 Door Gladiator Version?

KA350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
This whole thread is filled with 2Dr gladiator people, but there is no 2DR Gladiator! Might as well wish for something else or move this thread to the other topics area.
Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
On its face, I don't think anyone has an issue with people wanting additional models for the JT. I think the issue for most here is we know this is not going to be the case -at least immediately for the sake of argument-, but we have small group within this community who seem to post ad nausem about the subject in multiple discussions some of which have nothing to do with the subject of additional models. At this point the subject has taken a lot of the fun and enjoyment out of the forum.
I apologize - especially to folks like you who appear to reasonable and open-minded about another truck format from Jeep. But I think it should be pointed out that much of my response has been in reaction to replies that have not been so reasonable - even indignant and insulting to some degree - these people too have taken the fun and enjoyment from the discussion.

That said, I will conclude with sincere joy for the existence of a Jeep pick-up truck; happiness for those buyers who see this as the vehicle for them; and hope for those of us who want something different....

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I apologize - especially to folks like you who appear to reasonable and open-minded about another truck format from Jeep. But I think it should be pointed out that much of my response has been in reaction to replies that have not been so reasonable - even indignant and insulting to some degree - these people too have taken the fun and enjoyment from the discussion.

That said, I will conclude with sincere joy for the existence of a Jeep pick-up truck; happiness for those buyers who see this as the vehicle for them; and hope for those of us who want something different....
Hey friends again! I do really hope you get your 2 door.

If I was being completely honest I wish jeep would have shorted the cab in the 4 door a bit. While not a deal breaker I would love to give up 2-3 inches in the back seat, keep the short bed, and improve the geometry on the trail a bit more. The back seat is for kids and dogs anyway, no need to fit a full grown man back there.

ophale

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 single cab 5spd manual
Count me in for a two door model Jeep gladiator. Extra cab would be optimal with a six foot bed. My “lifestyle” is to drive to work (one person), haul my wife and the Hungarian Vizslas (dogs) to the trails, utilize the 4x4 on dirt roads, take crap I wouldn’t dare put into the back of the sedan (green landscaping waste to the dump), transport my mountain and road bike in the back of the bed, and bring home the occasional lumber products (2x4, 2x6, plywood...) from the Lowe’s Depot... If my lifestyle was to transport four people, I would buy a SUV. I need a truck with a 6ft. bed to replace my 2004 tacoma 5spd single cab 4x4. I was hoping to buy a Jeep since they are one of a few manufactures that make a manual transmission truck these days.

Maybe it’s a generational thing... As a gen Xer, back in the day there were lots of options to have a basic truck. I’m frustrated that I have the money to buy a new truck, but can’t configure it the way I want. Especially, when the manufactures are asking $40-$60k for trucks these days. At that price, I think I should get exactly what I want.

I’m also not interested in the computer stuff integrated into the dash in modern vehicles. I’d like to focus on driving. Analog gauges, radio nobs and climate control dials work fine. Or the safety bells and whistles that are required because we are now distracted drivers. Does anyone else see the irony in this as the manufactures integrate Facebook and Yelp into the infotainment systems. I want to spend my money on the rubicon bits, but leave the rest of the truck basic (radio, roll up windows, vinyl or robust cloth seats, AC, and a key to open the door). I just see thousands of dollars of of future repairs when all this luxury stuff rattles to death doing my “lifestyle” things after the warranty expires.

Sorry for the rant... I hope Jeep will re-consider its decision of only offering four doors on the Jeep truck.

Aloha,

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Get a Sport, not a Sport S. It’s a no frills Gladiator that will fit your needs for a basic 4x4. And sorry but it will only come with 4 doors. Jeep was rather adamant about that. Sorry pal, no 2 door long bed possible with this truck.

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember these concepts from Moab:

Jeep-J12.jpg

241658_2016_Jeep_Concept.jpg

jeep-easter-safari-2015.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOhwAC6oPnsHIWnSA-ZcFWoYfW5RJ2TT_j246IJbOEWiNxTnOgEA.jpg

There is too much opportunity here to simply leave these designs in the desert...

Also, remember this whole Jeep pick up truck thing started almost 14 years ago with 2005 Gladiator concept - believe me there's still hope for alternative cab configurations - these videos of the Jeep design chief swearing off any alternative is just "corporate-speak" for buy this truck now because it's the only one gonna get - I don't believe that as there is too much opportunity to expand the success with these type of alternative trucks...

Last edited:

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6a00d83451b3c669e2022ad3c7b627200b-800wi.jpg

Well what ya know - here is one of Ford's pictures of the brand spanking new 2019 Ranger showing its capabilities as a "Lifestyle" truck as we see the infamous mountain bicycles in the bed. Oh and please note one more thing in the photograph - IT'S AN EXTENDED CAB!!!. What ya know about that - you can have a lifestyle with an extended cab. Hopefully this realization comes to the Jeep and the JT!!!

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Vehicle Showcase
Really three times?

This is a JT forum, not a Ford forum.

There is not a 2-door. There is a saying about wish in one hand and well....

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really three times?

This is a JT forum, not a Ford forum.

There is not a 2-door. There is a saying about wish in one hand and well....
The server for this thread was acting up - it said there's was an error in posting so I re-posted I now it's there three times - UGH!

Regarding what I said - I know this is a JT forum (no kidding) but the Ranger is going to be a prime competitor and I am just making the point that Ford (and Chevy and GM and Nissan and Toyota) has chosen to fully cover the market with varying cab configurations - there even showcasing them in the marketing photos released to the media!

Sponsored

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
I would also like to see a 2 door option (but knowing my lifestyle it wouldn't be for me), just to see more options.

The one issue that you run into with a 2 door is that you have two groups to cater to. One group wants to use the space for a longer bed, and the other group wants the shorter bed and more off-road capability.

When you start looking at the full size market with regular cab, extended cab, crew cab, and multiple bed lengths the amount of frame/cab options gets crazy. I am sure that if Jeep sees enough profit in the Gladiator as it is, we will likely see more iterations of the cab and bed configurations.

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
Yeah I would like a two door. I hate how Jeep almost hit the mark for a perfect truck for me but fell short. However for most of America this truck is perfect for them. Bland colored, automatic 4 doors fully loaded.

I don't have kids and I don't want kids. So essentially I have no use for the back seat. A 2 door would be much more useful. My Subaru Baja at least has a pass through so it can permanently have its rear seat folded and I can fit anything I need in it and they made that car based pickup 15 years ago.

Alas I will still buy one but I will never really love it. It will be a good truck I'm sure but it will just be a truck to me no more no less.

The market who actually buys these things are pretty much cookie cutter families whose tastes are so uniformed you thought they would be robots. I'm not faulting Jeep they are business trying to make money but they are just by sheer inertia going to force others to be pigeonholed like the rest of the marketplace.

Everyone is doing and Jeep is one of the more personalized vehicles available. The real reason I'm not buying a single cab of another truck is that there is no manual transmission available besides the terrible 4 cylinder in the Colorado.

So yes I'm definitely for more choice but ultimately I'll settle for a Sport with zero options not even a limited slip differential.
Sponsored

Last edited: