Sponsored

Regret ordering if 2-Door Gladiator possible?

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Haven't ordered yet as I am waiting on custom orders, but no, I would like to see a 2dr gladiator in the future, but 10/10 times I would go with the 4dr for practicality. I've been using a 2 door JK as a DD for 5 years and trying to move anything, or go camping with more than 2 people is not by any means practical. I would only be interested in a 2dr gladiator if I already had another DD and wanted a cool toy.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
Anybody regret ordering the Gladiator with the “news” of the 2 door actually being a possibility now?
Nope, I got my wife a Ford SVT lightning before we had kids. I love the truck but once the kids came, it sat parked for 90% of the time. Lucky if it was getting more then 3000 a year on it. Even home Depot runs got annoying when you had to take two vehicles. I get why some people want a two door but there is a reason Jeep added a 4 door to the Wangler line up. I am one of them. I know there are those out there that hate the idea of a 4 door jeep but I can tell you without the 4 door. It would be hard to justify the design dollars spend on the JL and JT. As I did with my JK I plan to be off road on logging trails the first weekend after getting my JT with my wife and 3 kids.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, replacing Grand Cherokee.

2 door trucks are are kinda like bell bottom jeans, they may have been all the rage once, but folks have moved on.

OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
Nope, replacing Grand Cherokee.

2 door trucks are are kinda like bell bottom jeans, they may have been all the rage once, but folks have moved on.
Seems like there a lot of potential buyers out there that are clamoring for this. Unless they are all talk. The feedback is pretty well received thus far on the potential of a 2 door. I fall into the category that doesn’t need/want the 4 door. All I need is 2 seats and a decent sized bed for my dog and other various Home Depot items I may buy. My fiancé has the 4 door vehicle. We don’t need 2 family wagons. That’s my take anyway.

Sponsored

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
I'd be very interested in a 2 door Gladiator. The shorter wheelbase and longer bed are appealing. It'd get a lot of use as a daily driver, and, for pulling my teardrop trailer all over the southwest.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like there a lot of potential buyers out there that are clamoring for this. Unless they are all talk. The feedback is pretty well received thus far on the potential of a 2 door. I fall into the category that doesn’t need/want the 4 door. All I need is 2 seats and a decent sized bed for my dog and other various Home Depot items I may buy. My fiancé has the 4 door vehicle. We don’t need 2 family wagons. That’s my take anyway.
I’ve a 2-door JLR that represents 20% of JL sales vs. JL wagons, so I hear ya, but not having a backseat is a non-starter for what the market is buying today.

Now, a pair of suicide doors opening to a jump seat, like the 2005 Gladiator show vehicle had, that would be a cool compromise.

https://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/gladiator.html

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y

The two door will sell for all the reasons the two door Wangler sells. I believe it is 100% worth making. I was once of the same opinion about only needing one family hauler. With kids and both of us working those days are long gone.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The two door will sell for all the reasons the two door Wangler sells. I believe it is 100% worth making. I was once of the same opinion about only needing one family hauler. With kids and both of us working those days are long gone.
Doesn't the 2door sales equate to like 15% of all Wrangler Sales?

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Anybody regret ordering the Gladiator with the “news” of the 2 door actually being a possibility now?
Wait, you read the following and assumed a 2 door is more of a possibility?

“However, he downplayed any immediate possibility of it becoming a production reality as making it viable appears "tough".

"The thing that [would] preclude us from doing it is that the segment is [predominantly] four-door, five-foot-bed vehicles," he said.

"And if you look at the segment and displace it down to the two-door versions, the segment is tiny… so how do you make a business case out of that?”

That sounds to me like it’s a v2 product at best, and then only if the JT starts selling in huge volumes. Given how frequently Jeep updates its key products, best case might be 2026ish... That’s more than enough time to buy a 4 door, enjoy it, have some kids, and change your mind ;-)

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am

“However, he downplayed any immediate possibility of it becoming a production reality as making it viable appears "tough".

"The thing that [would] preclude us from doing it is that the segment is [predominantly] four-door, five-foot-bed vehicles," he said.

"And if you look at the segment and displace it down to the two-door versions, the segment is tiny… so how do you make a business case out of that?”

That sounds to me like it’s a v2 product at best, and then only if the JT starts selling in huge volumes. Given how frequently Jeep updates its key products, best case might be 2026ish... That’s more than enough time to buy a 4 door, enjoy it, have some kids, and change your mind ;-)
This^

I would say even if they accelerated or preplanned it at a minimum you're looking at 2023. Drogers is correct though 2026ish give or take a year is where I would put my money on it happening.

OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN

No way haha. It’s way too long for me. The only one that looks good to me is the 2 door. They will make it. 2026 seems a bit to long away, but who knows.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
No way haha. It’s way too long for me. The only one that looks good to me is the 2 door. They will make it. 2026 seems a bit to long away, but who knows.
284790a820a81656f82dcf1d7667dde4.png
Sponsored