Sponsored

2020 Gladiator Build & Price Site Updated With Pricing. Post Your Build!

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I also fail to understand the logic here. I also thought it would cost less since it’s a smaller roof. I guess they decided to charge more due to the expensive to build rear sliding window.
Less materials but also less volume so R&D costs as well as minimums orders will be spread over a smaller batch, therefore higher prices. In my world if i buy 100000 impressions of film i pay about .08/impression but if i buy 1MM impressions i pay .05 an impression.
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Holy Forkin Shirtballs! My $35k Sport S jumped to $47k so fast once I added decent options. *sigh*

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Holy Forkin Shirtballs! My $35k Sport S jumped to $47k so fast once I added decent options. *sigh*
We must have built the same truck. Now to decide if it’s worth it

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
If you do a manual transmission you need to add convenience package and cold weather group to get the 7 inch screen in the sport s?!?!? F u Jeep. That adds 1400 dollars. I still think this whole price thing is horrible. Worse than I expected after some simple options and destination.
I just tried building a Sport S backwards (started with the "interior" tab and worked my way back to "drivetrain") and I noticed... if I select 7" from the Interior, it forces Cold Weather. If I don't have it selected there, but add it from Packages it only forces Convenience. Still glitchy, for sure.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I just tried building a Sport S backwards (started with the "interior" tab and worked my way back to "drivetrain") and I noticed... if I select 7" from the Interior, it forces Cold Weather. If I don't have it selected there, but add it from Packages it only forces Convenience. Still glitchy, for sure.
Based on common sense and after reading a JL invoice sheet, most of the options don't actually require other options other than the A/T tires and the anti slip rear. Can't wait to just get what I want from the dealer

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Based on common sense and after reading a JL invoice sheet, most of the options don't actually require other options other than the A/T tires and the anti slip rear. Can't wait to just get what I want from the dealer
I dare say, be careful assuming common sense is involved when it comes to car manufacturers pushing packages on customers.

I think the cold weather being pushed on users with the 7" screen is the only one that seems egregious, so I'm sure they'll fix it... which will bring my build-out to something more palatable.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Building out a Sport S: Anti Spin rear diff, 7” screen, cold wx, convenience package, tow, bed liner, active safety, bed rail system, aux switch, tan interior, mud mats. Comes in at $44k exactly.

Building a Rubicon: tow, aux switch, mud tires, bedliner, mud mats. $46,230.

I was forced to add the Cold weather and convenience to the sport. The bed rail and active safety group were added simply to bump the price high enough to justify jumping to the Rubicon...options that I’d like, but don’t need. Certainly don’t want or need them more than all the added features of a Rubi.
EXACTLY . . . JUST LIKE I SAID . . . JEEP, BEING JEEP ! M_*%#* F*&^%#'s ! Don't get me further along with THID S*_* ! Don't do my "anger management any good ! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: for sure !

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I also fail to understand the logic here. I also thought it would cost less since it’s a smaller roof. I guess they decided to charge more due to the expensive to build rear sliding window.
. . . so nieve . . . just always try to remember, it's ALWAYS a "Jeep thing" ! :LOL: . . . Oh, and that Size Really Doesn't matter -- to jeep ! :giggle:

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Less materials but also less volume so R&D costs as well as minimums orders will be spread over a smaller batch, therefore higher prices. In my world if i buy 100000 impressions of film i pay about .08/impression but if i buy 1MM impressions i pay .05 an impression.
There is a little devil's advocate in my response, I apologize in advance. Personally, I think the high price for a color matched hard top is effing ridiculous.

Some considerations in cost difference:
- JL & JT both have defrost
- JL has a wiper/motor
- JL has a hinge/stabilizer system for opening
- JT has a manual slide mechanism
- JL has 3 windows included
- JT has 1 window included (or 2 if you consider the slider to be a 2nd window)

There are more materials going into a JL hardtop, so maybe there is an economy of scale in effect, but there is more technical hardware to include and install. The cost would be generous if it were the same for both platforms, but since the colors and materials used to make either hardtop are the same, the JT should be less.

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
My completely loaded rubicon is $63,910. I think the block heater and soft top storage were the only 2 options not selected (and soft top was not my option selection). Looks like the launch edition is going to save me a little money. LOL

Sponsored

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
A couple of noted items. The launch edition comes with special semi-matte black wheels. Not the same as either of those offered in the configurator. Also, in one thread someone indicated the bed rail system deleted the 110v bed power outlet. I never saw that delete but I did notice the launch edition lists both together. Just as an fyi...

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Well I'm trying to decide on which trim level to get.
Here are my build outs. All have black hardtop, largest screen, cold weather group trailer tow, cargo Mngt.,spray in bed liner, blue tooth and leather if possible...

Full built Rubicon - $56,100
Stripped Rubicon ( the minimum I'd want) - $50,530
Overland - $52,990
Sport S - 47,890

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I went back and forth between a fully optioned Sport S and a mildly optioned Rubicon and the Rubicon won out. It fits my future plans slightly better as I do not plan to go crazy with building like my previous Jeeps but building a more mild long distance road trip vehicle for the family.

My Rubicon built how I want comes in at $51,865. I go back and forth on the body color fender flares so I could be looking at $52,360 all said and done. If all goes according to plan I will be at my dealer on Friday the 12th placing my order!

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I went back and forth between a fully optioned Sport S and a mildly optioned Rubicon and the Rubicon won out. It fits my future plans slightly better as I do not plan to go crazy with building like my previous Jeeps but building a more mild long distance road trip vehicle for the family.

My Rubicon built how I want comes in at $51,865. I go back and forth on the body color fender flares so I could be looking at $52,360 all said and done. If all goes according to plan I will be at my dealer on Friday the 12th placing my order!
This is kind of where I stand, though I'll be curious to see what one of these specs looks like with the 5-8% below invoice. I remember looking at JL Rubicons about a year ago at Dillon and a Jeep that built out to be like 48k on the configurator was somehow 39k at Dennis Dillon. I wish I could see what invoice is for my build instead of MSRP.

Feature for feature, it looks like the Rubicon comes in ~3k higher than my desired Sport S... but it gets the suspension & wheels which I would be upgrading at some point anyway.

I think I'm about 80% sure I'll be pursuing the Rubicon, depending on what I can do with one of them 7% under invoice folks. I'd drive to Idaho to get 8% off, no second thoughts.

Last edited:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
A couple of noted items. The launch edition comes with special semi-matte black wheels. Not the same as either of those offered in the configurator. Also, in one thread someone indicated the bed rail system deleted the 110v bed power outlet. I never saw that delete but I did notice the launch edition lists both together. Just as an fyi...
That's interesting because I thought you had to get the rails to get the bed power
Sponsored