Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
NICE FIND! So now i'm confused. Why would they debut the JT at LA Auto with the decked cargo system, but its not on the build sheet in that other thread, as an option you can add from the factory?

upload_2019-4-10_14-6-24.png
Don't think they ever advertised the Decked system as a factory option (was always grouped with Mopar accessories). Same with the bed rack/bike/kayak carriers, tubed half doors, etc. Personally I'm interested most in the bed rack, so keeping an eye on that availability. The Decked box doesn't seem too difficult to install (watching their Tacoma install video).

None of the Mopar accessories are listed as available (yet). My guess is this will all catch up in a few months...
Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Did notice something else on there.... to get dual top you MUST HAVE soft or hard trifold tonneau or roll up tonneau. Can’t by a dual top truck without adding one of THEIR tonneau covers.

Thought about doing dual top but I’m waiting for one of the aluminum bed covers that rolls up into the box at the front of the bed like my brother in law has on his truck. (Can’t think what he called it) so I guess I’ll just get the hard top and then go to Bestop for a soft top.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Also noticed remote proximity entry says m/h GX4 ; n/a w/GCH.

Not seeing either code. Guessing GX4 is power locks and GCH is manual locks codes on itemized build sheets??

Found GX4 = keyless Go
Didn’t find GCH

Last edited:

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Hey @JAY I noticed on the equipment codes they have one that says....

“DO NOT USE - SEE JP, KA CLASSES (JAY)” and it has X’s marking sport and overland trim levels....

So are you trying to tell use to only order rubicons and not to order a sport or overland??

:giggle::LOL::CWL::dance:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Don't think they ever advertised the Decked system as a factory option (was always grouped with Mopar accessories). Same with the bed rack/bike/kayak carriers, tubed half doors, etc. Personally I'm interested most in the bed rack, so keeping an eye on that availability. The Decked box doesn't seem too difficult to install (watching their Tacoma install video).

None of the Mopar accessories are listed as available (yet). My guess is this will all catch up in a few months...

i know this was from a while ago but i thought i read all the parts on the mopar modded JT were going to be available.
https://www.nowcar.com/blog/archive/mopar-modified-2020-jeep-gladiator-for-2018-la-auto-show/

Perhaps I missed that, not all 200 parts were going to be available......
"Of the 200+ parts, Mopar has already released 20 parts that will definitely be made available. These include the aforementioned bed-mounted cross rails, bed storage system, lift kit, tonneau covers, bedliners, cold air intake, Katzkin leather, tube doors, LED off-road lights, sun bonnet, all-weather mats, 17-inch five-spoke wheels, and rock rails. Other parts and accessories revealed were the ramps from the 2019 Ram 1500 portfolio, a roof rack/carrier, door sill guards, grab handlers, all-weather mats, bumpers, and graphics for aesthetic and personal styling purposes.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
i know this was from a while ago but i thought i read all the parts on the mopar modded JT were going to be available.
https://www.nowcar.com/blog/archive/mopar-modified-2020-jeep-gladiator-for-2018-la-auto-show/

Perhaps I missed that, not all 200 parts were going to be available......
"Of the 200+ parts, Mopar has already released 20 parts that will definitely be made available. These include the aforementioned bed-mounted cross rails, bed storage system, lift kit, tonneau covers, bedliners, cold air intake, Katzkin leather, tube doors, LED off-road lights, sun bonnet, all-weather mats, 17-inch five-spoke wheels, and rock rails. Other parts and accessories revealed were the ramps from the 2019 Ram 1500 portfolio, a roof rack/carrier, door sill guards, grab handlers, all-weather mats, bumpers, and graphics for aesthetic and personal styling purposes.
They may be eventually. But just like late availability paints and engines, I'd guess it will be a while before you can custom order w/ Mopar parts. Heck, you can't even custom order a straight JT right now. ;)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
They may be eventually. But just like late availability paints and engines, I'd guess it will be a while before you can custom order w/ Mopar parts. Heck, you can't even custom order a straight JT right now. ;)
I really wonder what the price after discount off invoice would be for the decked bed, vs just buying it from decked?

jeepinmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I really wonder what the price after discount off invoice would be for the decked bed, vs just buying it from decked?
Does anyone know how the decked box would work for those that paid the premium for the power outlet. Appears you lose that functionality with the decked box.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know how the decked box would work for those that paid the premium for the power outlet. Appears you lose that functionality with the decked box.
yeah, you would probably have to custom route some kind of 2' extension cord to the edge of the decked box. That's what i'm planning on doing. Just need to figure out what recepticle to drill, plug into the decked box then.

Also considering not getting the built in outlet and trying to mount a 1200 watt inverter somewhere under the decked top, or perhaps in the cab and then just run the power outlet to the back of the decked box.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
yeah, you would probably have to custom route some kind of 2' extension cord to the edge of the decked box. That's what i'm planning on doing. Just need to figure out what recepticle to drill, plug into the decked box then.

Also considering not getting the built in outlet and trying to mount a 1200 watt inverter somewhere under the decked top, or perhaps in the cab and then just run the power outlet to the back of the decked box.
You can use something like this (dozens listed, this is just the first one on the list). https://www.amazon.com/Journeyman-Pro-120-125-Commercial-Straight-Receptacle/dp/B07MSGGNM8
I've used the opposite gender for my dump trailer to plug an extension cord into an on-board battery charger.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU